Author Topic: New Store World: Aurora Skies  (Read 74330 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: New Store World: Aurora Skies
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2013, 09:04:46 PM »
SimGuruSmitty made a festival lot for Aurora Skies.   You can find it here.

SimsVIP has posted pictures of it here.

Edit:  Aurora Skies has a ghost household of old age ghosts, a male couple with an adopted daughter and a guy who has married and divorced 3 other townie women.     

Edit 2: I have 2 more houses to get and we have bad thunder storms in the area.   I'm going to have to shut down for a little bit so I don't hurt anything.   I'll have the list up in the morning!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2013, 03:16:37 AM »
I noticed the male couple as well, but it seems they are only BFFs. But they have the pose in the family picture that couples do (with their arms around each other) so I'm maybe wondering if they were supposed to be romantically involved with each other, not just BFFs. Though knowing Story Progression, they'll probably get hooked up anyway  :D

I got some screenshots last night:

The diner and the stadium

One of the pools and somebody proposing in a balloon

View from above

My two favourites! The army base and the school, which both have 'interiors'. I didn't check if these 'interiors' were accessible by I'm assuming they are  :D
(brilliant for Dynasty founders!)

This is the 'interior' of the school. The rabbithole itself is very small because you have all the 'interior' bits as well
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2013, 08:44:12 AM »
My sims first night in Aurora Skies. It's quite lovely .

Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2013, 08:51:20 AM »
I wasn't all that excited about this town but with all the content with it, I am now. Boo. I did not want to have to buy more simpoints! But that toddler stuff and the nice new hairs and clothes to boot? Must have!

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2013, 09:07:36 AM »
Does anyone know how long it will be on sale as I hope to to get more ram within next couple of weeks?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »
The residents list is now complete.   More information to come after I finally track down some people!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sunnydays

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »
I think the male "couple" is definitely intended as a couple, but EA didn't want to explicitly make it so in case it upset some players. Sigh. It's pretty obvious, though. The adopted daughter's surname is a combination of the two guys' names, and the house only has two rooms - a girly one for the daughter, and a master bedroom with a double bed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
I'm not sure if it has already been said on this thread but the returning family are the Beakers from Strangetown. I noticed this when I was reading Rica's resident list.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2013, 09:44:51 PM »
Rica, thanks for doing the residents' list!

For people who also have Seasons -- you should be able to see the Northern lights every night. If you can't, it's because there's a glitch that removes the clouds. SimsVip advises to exit to the Main Menu, then reload your game. I tried that, and it works.

Here is a picture of the Mausoleum in autumn:

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2013, 08:11:44 AM »
I'm more impressed with this town than I expected to be, my first impressions of it after the announcement weren't that great but the content included sold it to me so I got it this morning with my leftover birthday money.

Surpisingly I like the place more than I thought I would, the houses are nicely done, the starter homes are very nice. I love the pools with all the decking, makes me want to make my own like that, I never know what to put around pools but that works so well.

Couple of disappointments though, the gym Weight Lifters Wonderland, has just one treadmill and no weights, oddly named but then there is a second gym so not a great loss. And the hot air balloon, I was mistakenly under the impression it would actually travel a bit but it just teleports, also my sims were being really uncooperative and kept landing it and getting out before I could direct them to do anything, I was getting so cross with them by the time I finally got both inside and actually in the air  ::)

The real estate seems quite expensive as well, the military/police rabbit hole is very cheap but the rest are pretty high, I suppose it's the combined rabbit holes that causes the high prices as you're paying for more than one building.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2013, 09:15:21 AM »
This lost/abandoned house from the top of the mountain is a mysterious one! Also it fits nice over there !    Too bad the top lakes are unroutable, so you can't fish or skate on pond when the water is frozen.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2013, 09:16:56 AM »
This lost/abandoned house from the top of the mountain is a misterious one! Also it fits nice over there !    Too bad the top lakes are unroutable, so you can't fish or skate on pond when the water is frozen.

They have a couple of those in the habitable part too.  Down towards the Vintner and Hannes houses.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2013, 03:23:28 PM »
I really wasn't going to get this, I've bought two expansions in two months (plus Uni soon) so have been spending far too much on Sims.

But it is so, so lovely! I've always wanted to visit Iceland though never have, but the town area around Vilkommen road actually reminds me of where my dad lived in Sweden. It makes me want to play Wallander there; may have to populate the town with Scandi-noir coppers.

Also is Ericka Berge a reference to Erika Berger in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? If so it'd be better if she was in the journalism career but the name may just be a coincidence.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2013, 09:42:47 PM »
I really like Aurora Skies. I want to try my hand at building those Scandinavian style colorful houses. They are so beautiful, and I love the colors. I started up the Helgeson household.

And the toddler walker is just awesome!

Offline caelien

• Nooboo
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »
If you have other expansion packs, it automatically places some lots, but not others.

From Ambitions:

Consignment Shop
Barney's Salon
Grady's Junkyard

but not the Firestation

From Showtime:

Performance Park
Mick's Master Karaoke
Port-a-Party Mini Warehouse

but not the Hoi Polloi Entertainment Center

From Pets:

Petite Pony Equestrian Center

but not Training Grounds

From Supernatural:

Varg's Tavern

but not the Elixir Consignment Shop.

Thanks so much for posting this! I was looking for it everywhere.