Author Topic: New Store World: Aurora Skies  (Read 74329 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
New Store World: Aurora Skies
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:29:11 PM »
SimGuruTatorTot released a blog today talking about the brand new store world coming up : Aurora Skies!

New World -- The Sims 3 Aurora Skies
POSTED ON 01/30/13
I can finally say it – we have a new world coming out, and it’s called The Sims 3 Aurora Skies!!

There are so many aspects of this world that are amazing – but I’ll leave a few of the details for the weeks to come.

My favorite thing about Aurora Skies? Hands down? The northern lights (or Aurora Borealis to some).  If you have any cloud cover at night in Aurora Skies – you’ll see the northern lights. The more clouds in the sky – the brighter it looks -- up to a certain point! Thick, stormy clouds won't show the northern lights. If you watch the skies long enough, you’ll notice that it’ll change colors as well.

Another thing that I really like about this world is the fact that there’s so much natural beauty. There’s steam actually rising from the geothermal lake, you walk to the edge of the waterfall and get an amazing view of the entire world, and the houses are enormous – which is perfect since I like building large families.

That's all I'm going to divulge for now regarding Aurora Skies. You'll find more about premium content and the venues soon. Keep your eyes peeled!

Don't forget to get The Sims 3 Aurora Skies when it comes out on the Sims 3 Store on February 21, 2013.

There is also an official store thread dedicated to Aurora Skies that you can find here.  First post quoted below.

Welcome to the Sims 3 Aurora Skies official discussion thread. Check out the page for information on Aurora Skies, and join the discussion!

Explore the breathtaking scenery and vast, unspoiled nature that await you at Aurora Skies! This quaint, coastal town features the very best in outdoor living: grow your family on spacious land and houses surrounded by an eco-friendly community, traipse under majestic, towering waterfalls that come to rest on the banks of a large, steaming geothermal lake sky, or take a night hike under the dome of the bright, multi-colored sky. It’s the ultimate getaway for Sims searching for change, searching for themselves, or searching for a piece of peace.

What will you find at Aurora Skies?

Q&A

When does Aurora Skies come out?
The Sims 3 Aurora Skies comes out February 21, 2013 in the Sims 3 Store.

Can I use my simpoints to buy Aurora Skies?
Yes!

Will The Sims 3 Aurora Skies be available in retail stores?
Nope.

Will there be a gold and standard version?
Yes! You’ll find out more details about the gold and standard versions as we get closer to the release date.

Can I gift the Aurora Skies to my friends?
Yes!

Check out my latest blog regarding my thoughts on The Sims 3 Aurora Skies! With even more screenshots! http://bit.ly/WQQFau

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: New Store World: Aurora Skies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
Those brightly-colored buildings almost kill it for me, but dang, look at those waterfalls!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 02:47:35 PM »
I agree Trip. Kinda like those little Lego houses, but that can be changed. And I LOVE the idea of an Aurora Borealis in sims!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Stellastatistic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »
I think I'll be getting this, just for the large houses!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:27:12 PM »
I recall that Greenland is known for brightly-colored houses - or was it Iceland? One or the other... I wonder if that's the look-and-feel they're going for.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:34:23 PM »
Looks kinda small. I did love my trip to Iceland and this reminds me of it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »
Maybe the roofs is a sign that we'll be able to color our own roofs instead of just the colors they have.   That would be a good thing right?

I think the blue flowers in the waterfall scene are new too.    I wonder what the special rabbit hole will be for this world.   Lunar Lakes was the science center.  Sunlit Tides was the criminal volcano.  Hidden Springs was the massive spa.  Monte Vista was the stadium.  Lucky Palms was the bistro.  Barnacle Bay was the diner.   That leaves the police station, business center, City hall, theatre, grocery store & bookstore I think.

Another thing to note:  Even if it is a small world, Store worlds that aren't that big are the fastest to load in the game.   Lucky Palms loads in less than 5 minutes and Lunar Lakes is really close.   Having a dynasty in Lunar Lakes meant that my loading time at Generation 8 wasn't any longer than 30 or so minutes.   Juxt said her load time in Bridgeport was 2 hours near the end of Gen 6.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 03:58:56 PM »
This world reminds me of Newfoundland Canada with the mountains and brightly colored houses and roof . Like Ricalynn said , it might be a sign that we will be able to recolor the roof finally . That would be great . I think it looks like a very cute world . Anxious to see what else it includes that they haven't told us yet .  ;D
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »
Yep, I can absolutely forgive any bad coloring options if we can recolor roofs. Do you know how much I dream about recoloring roofs?

I am very fond of the Scandinavian-feel of the place. I like small-ish worlds too, so that's not a detractor at all.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »
This looks pretty cool!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »
The landscaping looks stunning and I think I can see something like a Norwegian fjord. Absolutely beautiful. With Monte Vista (Italy) and now this, it seems like EA are creating life-like locations for our sims.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »
I think I'm the only person who likes the house designs, they look cheerful to me. They're also different to other houses in other worlds, which makes me like them more.

EDIT: To fix a typo

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »
The neon-colored roofs are a bit of an eyesore.  Even though I know I can change that, I'd rather not spend my SimPoints on this town, regardless of the beautiful Aurora Borealis.  The recoloring of the roofs would just take too long, and I'd have to do it every time I played. :-/

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 08:05:04 PM »
The neon-colored roofs are a bit of an eyesore.  Even though I know I can change that, I'd rather not spend my SimPoints on this town, regardless of the beautiful Aurora Borealis.  The recoloring of the roofs would just take too long, and I'd have to do it every time I played. :-/

Actually you could do it just once and save it before placing any Sims.  Then save again when you do place Sims.  That way you always have a save with the roofs recolored.  Which is completely doable for everything but a challenge file where you wouldn't be able to change the roof color anyway. 

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 08:07:14 PM »
Actually you could do it just once and save it before placing any Sims.  Then save again when you do place Sims.  That way you always have a save with the roofs recolored.  Which is completely doable for everything but a challenge file where you wouldn't be able to change the roof color anyway.

Oh, really?  I hadn't realized -- I'm kind of new to playing The Sims 3 :-)