Author Topic: Ice Fishing  (Read 12159 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Ice Fishing
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:54:12 AM »
Before Seasons was released, I remember reading something about ice fishing.  It may have been just a question somewhere, but does anyone know if it's possible?  Or do the fishermen just have to wait for spring?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Mudkip

• Twerk Team Captain
  • Nooboo
  • Amisimus pulchritudo nostra
Re: Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »
I've tried Ice Fishing before, but I didn't see the option. It was on a small lake/pond. My sim only had skill level 2 in fishing though, so that may or may not be why.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:07:30 PM »
Pam, According to the Sim Wiki, fishing is not available in the winter.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »
So far I've not noticed the river in Riverview to totally freeze so have fished there in winter, the lake in Twinbrook did though, it sort of makes sense as flowing water would be less likely to freeze solid unless the temps were extremely cold. I would assume the sea doesn't freeze either else how can we get the polar bear club thing they mentioned for swimming in winter?

I'm currently aiming to get level 10 fishing before winter to get some death fish in my current game, and not just winter as a hard frost freezes the fish hatchery, but if it behaves as I've seen in the past hopefully the river wont freeze.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »
One unusually warm winter, none of the ponds or lakes froze until the very last day of the season--and, of course, spring thawed them all out again. I remember hearing somewhere that the ocean doesn't freeze, although I haven't checked myself.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:47 PM »
My Sim managed to fish in winter in the ocean.  Didn't know anything about ice fishing though.  :)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:54 AM »
I've had the ocean freeze regularly in winter, but when the waters are frozen, I have never been able to fish.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »
Played Moonlight Falls, ocean seems to not freeze during winter, and the option to fish is there.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 01:40:57 PM »
Bodies of water marked as saltwater don't freeze over. Obviously, worlds on the coast have oceans that don't freeze over. As Turoskel mentioned, Riverview's river doesn't freeze. While Twinbrook's large lake freezes as well as the brooks near the dynasty lot, some of the swamps are marked as saltwater and don't freeze.

Saltwater markers are in buydebug with the fishing spawners. While that's not allowed for a dynasty/challenge, it's something to think about for casual games where you want year-round fishing.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 02:40:36 PM »
I don't have Seasons installed, but reading this thread I've been wondering if Sims can walk on the frozen lakes.  Because real-life ice fishing isn't done from the shore, it's done by cutting a hole in the ice, so I would expect that ice fishing would be an option that would come up by clicking on the ice when a Sim is standing on it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

anything