Author Topic: Meteor Strikes School!  (Read 13438 times)

Offline nichosar

• Nooboo
Meteor Strikes School!
« on: January 27, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
So, I was playing The Sims this evening, just minding my own business, when the game decided to throw me for a loop. I was having a large thunder storm when a messaged popped up from one of my three teens at school saying that he "wondered why it got so dark." Then a giant meteor struck the school! "Awesome!" I thought, "My first meteor!" Then all three of my teenagers had the icon to "expire" when they were done at school. Sure enough, that pesky grim reaper showed up and took them all! Argh!

Has anyone else had this happen? Or happen to any other building?

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Meteor Strikes School!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »
I've had that happen to me in Riverview. I had a child in the school that died :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Re: Meteor Strikes School!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »
I had it happen to me as well and it killed off my kids, and about every other kid in the town (took out the school, same as you) in the end there was almost an entire generation gone ( I think one kids survived).  I was so mad (I think I was doing a baby boomer challenge last year, or the year before) that I exited without saving, swore a lot, had a temper tantrum, and then went and did something else, ignoring my sims until I calmed down.  I don't think I ever did enter that baby boomer challenge.   ;D

thesweetestpea

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:02:46 AM »
Meteor strikes in the game are a feature of Ambitions, so I've moved your post to the Ambitions board.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 01:48:14 PM »
When you get that notice of "everything's dark"; move your sims out of danger fast! I've lost too many sims in the past. Now, I don't ignore that message!

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »
While I've never had it happen to me, I've seen pictures where, after the Meteor struck, Grimmy took each child one by one as they came out. It was heartbreaking.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:00:45 PM »
This has to be the most horrible, and unchild player friendly, thing I have ever heard of happening in the sims.  I'll restrict my grandchildren to sims 2 from now on.  It's never happened to me, I have six children in school right now for the BB challenge which I have just started.  I am going to be worrying now until this challenge is over!  I hate any games where killing is involved, killing children, that's just awful.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »
This has to be the most horrible, and unchild player friendly, thing I have ever heard of happening in the sims.  I'll restrict my grandchildren to sims 2 from now on.  It's never happened to me, I have six children in school right now for the BB challenge which I have just started.  I am going to be worrying now until this challenge is over!  I hate any games where killing is involved, killing children, that's just awful.

There are mods that remove Meteors completely, or change the chance of them striking.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »
There are mods that remove Meteors completely, or change the chance of them striking.

Unfortunately mods of any sort aren't allowed during challenges. 

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 03:37:35 AM »
I've never had a meteor let alone a meteor hit the school but it sounds horrible! There should be a meteor slider in the options menu.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 04:10:03 AM »
I just had one heading to the rabbit hole my Sim is employed at. Thankfully, you can send a Sim home from work, but I don't think you can send a Sim home from school.

If it's not a challenge file, you can always resetsim * to reset all the Sims to their homes and save the kids.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 05:54:03 AM »
I had a meteor strike the library once, while my Sim's wife and children were inside.  Lost all of them and just about every bookworm in town.  Serves me right for just clicking off the pop ups because he was fishing and I was tired of each pop up extolling the new record weight of each fish he caught!  It teaches you the hard way to pay attention to those pop ups.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 09:34:25 AM »
I'd think they would have exempted the school somehow. The idea of killing every child and teen in the town... unthinkable. But, yes, watch the pop-ups. And I think you can leave school early just by canceling the "at school" action...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »
I'd think they would have exempted the school somehow. The idea of killing every child and teen in the town... unthinkable.

I agree.  Now if I get that pop up for someone on a public lot, I resetsim everybody because wherever my Sim goes, half the town seems to follow.  If my Sims are all at home I move them out of the house pronto!
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 02:22:52 PM »
Wow, that's terrible.

I had my sim go to a game at the stadium once, and I got the notification, She managed to escape in time, but everyone else was killed. It was very cool, one second the crowd was cheering, and the next second BOOM!

anything