Author Topic: Union Cove Chronicles - 16th Chapter - China, first week of adventuring  (Read 17416 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 13th Chapter - Family bonding and magical touch
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 08:52:23 AM »
A talking unicorn, a little boy with a special role in the future - this story is just delightful!  Lovely update.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 02:32:03 AM »
Thank you Schipperke, unicorn indeed just appeared outside and lightning stroke while petting it, this game trows us many unexpected events to work with. I am just glad she didn't died out of that stroke.
Since I am sick and stayed home from work, I managed to play a little more then I expected, so few more updates are planned for this weekend :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Silviak

• Whovian
  • Townie
    • MA Dunham Writes
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 06:10:58 AM »
I just read through your story--this is so great, getting to see another side of Union cove and how it turns out for other people. I never get tired of the differences each game makes even in the same world. :)

And the picture of the unimpressed guests as Alen has his birthday cake made me lol.

I'm glad no one died from the lightning though. Talk about a coincidence!
When I'm not Simming, I'm {writing}.

Louise56

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 08:08:55 AM »
I'm glad she is ok! Looking forward to their adventures in China. I hope I got it right lol. I'm sorry you're sick, but I'm happy about updates! :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »
Unicorns, lightning strikes, oh my! I wonder who Alen's "special friend" is.  ;)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 08:16:40 AM »

I just read through your story--this is so great, getting to see another side of Union cove and how it turns out for other people. I never get tired of the differences each game makes even in the same world. :)

And the picture of the unimpressed guests as Alen has his birthday cake made me lol.

I'm glad no one died from the lightning though. Talk about a coincidence!

Thank you Silviak, glad you like it and that I got to catch some of the moments in pictures. I love playing in UC happy to see familiar Sims everywhere, but specially enjoy playing many of them at the same time, and partially direct their virtual lives. I am happy that you like it.

I'm glad she is ok! Looking forward to their adventures in China. I hope I got it right lol. I'm sorry you're sick, but I'm happy about updates! :)

Thank you Louise, you got it right, it is China hehehe. Thankfully I feel little better and my son is much better so I will be happy to write now.

Unicorns, lightning strikes, oh my! I wonder who Alen's "special friend" is.  ;)
Thank you Audren, it was quite exciting night for them, and me to play with lol. Soon enough you will see the special friend, she is my favorite girl in UC ;).

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 14th Chapter - China, Day 1
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 09:23:38 AM »
China, Day 1

This is the right way to unwind after such an exciting night. Ana was still under strong impression from it - obviously one can't just forget being striked by lightning that easily, specially if talking unicorn "saved you". There was something comfortable about the idea of protectors from magical realm, for her but even more for her son. In some strange way, she felt that part of the burden was taken of her shoulders.

On their way to Forbiden City she got a call from a woman she never saw in her life.

How that woman got her number is a mistery, but Xi Yuan said exactly this:
I am searching for an intrepid adventurer who can retrive an ancient Relic for me. I've searched all over town and no one has the guts. Please contact me, Xi Yuan, if you are interested.

As she already have been in most Chinese tombs, she knew what to expect - that woman will give her a key and she will go trough small tomb to find the chest with that relic. That specific tomb is in Forbidden City, small and safe; it would be a perfect opportunity to show Alen what she did and plan to do in future. So they went to see Xi Yuan.

As she saw Ana, Xi Yuan said:
Thank goodness someone finally responded! Come on, there's work to do. I've heard rumours that nearby tomb holds a valuable treasure. Retrieve it for me, and you will be handsomely rewarded. You'll need this key to get into the tomb. What are you waiting for? Get to it!

And so they went. Unlike the usual way to start adventures, they took time to walk and look around, Alen was impressed by the architecture!

Inside, her little prince run to get a ride on the trone, while she find the plate to step on and open the hidden stairs. Seems like nothing is left forbidden in this place.

With helm and safety glass on, Alen followed her downstairs. His excitement was hard to explain.

""Mom, open that door, please, please, please!"
Calm down Alen. You must stay behind me all the time and not enter another room until I tell you so!
"But mom.."
"No buts young man, you have to do it my way or no way at all, understood?
"Yes mom."

"Woow, mom, look at that gold pile! Tresure everywhere! Mom, what are you doing?"
"(To think it took you so late to start talking..)" Stay there until I tell you to come after me!

After making sure the room is safe, she called Alen to follow her in. It was a room with a treasure, but also hidden door, rock pile needed to be cleared, hole in the wall, and she turned of the only dangerous thing in there - electrical trap.

He seems not so impressed, maybe if she gets him to see more of her in action..

"You are the coolest mom ever!"
"That is more what I was hoping to hear."

As she opened the last secret door, she realized it is not going to work like that. He is too young, and even with magical protectors, no way she will take him along to big adventures. To even risk him being hurt is out of question, and she can't leave him home alone.

Over the dinner they talked about exciting day behind them and everything else.

As Alen talked about notes he took while she solved that tomb, she was making up her mind about the rest of the trip.
After dinner, it was digesting time - resting in fresh air of China before going back to Base Camp. Alen read few pages of the book while she checked the mail, and one imporant mail was waiting for her in inbox.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 15th Chapter - China, Day 2
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »
China, Day 2

Dear Ana,

You wouldn't belive what I end up doing! First I got a call from Mr Payne - he said he knew I was coming to Monte Vista, refeared to me as computer genious and asked me if I was willing to do something for The Higher Cause! At first I thought he is in govenrment business and find out about my little hobby - as you know I was hacking just to make sure I find the flaws in security systems and made sure they are fixed. Anyway I figured out he has nothing to do with government of any kind, but he knew everything about everyone, and even if looking cold and somehow business oriented, he was genuinly interested in helping Sims and Simkind in general. Of course I said yes - that was just what I was hoping to do, so as soon as I unpacked - and btw that is one great house I got, even have some strange ares like your room under the roof, you know, the alchemy stuff - his son Ben came buy and gave me an assingment. I can't tell you more about it now but sure will one day!
I meditate a lot lately, it is helping me to stay focused on the task, but I had a brief vision of you last time and hope you will like this idea. There is one person in this world that is most skillfull and trusted, and I am sure you could use some help with Alen, specially while adventuringnot to mention whole project you are leading. And Alen can only learn good things from this person. So I went ahead and sent him to find you. If you don't like him,  just say no, but take time and reconsider before deciding.
Take care and have fun my friend, hope to hear from you soon.
Carl

Happy to hear Carl has settled and is doing just what he always wanted, she couldn't sleep thinking who he might sent to her. Alen was too excited to sleep so they waited the morning talking and resting.

First thing in the morning was of course deliverin that relic. Xi Yuan was happy to get it and Ana gain good reputation with locals, allowing her to stay more days per visit.

After official part was taken care off, she decided to take Alen to see the old farm. Scenery was magical and they had great time together.

Until a strange man in a suit came and salute:
"Reporting for duty Mrs.Buznik!"

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2013, 10:55:20 AM »
Oh my! I wonder what Max is doing in China! Glad to see that Carl's enjoying himelf.  :D

Louise56

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2013, 12:03:46 PM »
Now Ana can go on adventures! Max can teach Alen a lot of things. :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »
Welcome to the story, Max Skills!  The cast of characters just gets more and more wonderful in these chronicles.

I'm glad to hear Carl is happy with his headquarters in Monte Vista.  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »
Just caught up and WOW!  I love the way you took Alen with you into the tomb but then decided no more because others were so dangerous.  The crowning touch is bringing in Max!  Am I seeing the baby sitter par excellence here?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 16th Chapter - China, first week of adventuring
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2013, 03:49:15 AM »
China, first week of adventuring

Max is a perfect addition to the family, not much for his amazing set of skills, but for the best company for Alen there is. Max was too precious to be hired as babysitter or a butler. He turns out to be the perfect one for the role of an uncle. Kind of an uncle you can trust to have the best influence on their nephews, while being more free and interesting than parents. Max was happy to take that roll, tutoring young mind for useful skills and caring for his well being while enjoying the time they spend together. Since creators of both are friends, it was easy for all to feel like a family soon enough.

While Ana was digging out relics, Alen and Max wondered around collecting metal ores.

Together they went to The Academy. Locals are practicing and showing off wonders of Martial arts but managing to impress only Alen. Max is the master of Martial arts while Ana is half way there just learning how to meditate. Plus she was there to talk to a special merchant about new adventure ahead.

Soon enough she had to show off her skills to get the key for her next assignment, her Potent Sign of Potential.

And finally got the key to explore Resolute Fist Retreat! That Place could easily replace Base Camp for adventurers.

Next one was exploring the tomb under the magical Temple of Heaven.

In search for Pangu Axe. Ana wanted that axe as early as possible knowing she needs it to get some of the tombs around the worlds.

In order to keep the magical axe she had to confound the boulder in Hot Springs.

Finally a place where Alen and Max can have fun too!

Next it was treasure hunt. Ana was called to decode some writtings and learned about Dong Huo's Treasure hidden under the market. First getting the key:

What an royal entrance that is! Guards in bronze, relics on the sides, this might be really it!

It wasn't that easy at all. Darts, steam, and electrical traps - all were hard to disarm and some were not successfully avoided.

And got some unusual reward. Warlord knew how to enjoy, there is no doubt, and his nectar taste even better than it was for him. Perfect break it is.

But reward for finishing 6th tomb in China was wonderful. Six Tomb Symbols and few of each collection was a great hunt on first adventuring week. It is time for some relaxation and fun in Magical China.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2013, 09:43:12 AM »
Hey! This is really good, found it through Ben Oliver! Gotta love Max!
(You posted the update as I was reading, so when I went to reply I did a little dance)

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Louise56

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2013, 05:43:19 AM »
You are so good at adventures! I couldn't complete it unless I cheat. Awesome update! ;D