Author Topic: Union Cove Chronicles - 16th Chapter - China, first week of adventuring  (Read 17417 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
I hope Ana has room for all these guests! This is turning into a rather large get-together. I love Carl's makeover. Good-looking, but still having a certain Carl-like look to it.  :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
It's a deal

While waiting for Carl, Ana made sure all the things for the party were ready. It looks like something important happen to him, while she have a lot to tell him too. Once she saw him it was clear to her that story about the Archives will have to wait - she hardly recognized him!

A: "Carl, what happen to you? You look.. different!"
C: "Hello my friend, we have a lot to catch up. Up for a domino match?"
A: "Your spirit hasn't change, glad to see that. Always up for a good match but you must tell me what happen!"

C: "What have you done with this floor?"
A: "I'll tell you all about it later, you first."

Two old friends over the domino table talked for 2 hours. Carl talked about Dreamgirl, his inner change, working out, traveling and writing, and finally about the big move he made.

C: "You called just when I hang up with my real estate. I put the Castle on sale and was shocked to hear there are 2 buyers! As we speak they are making offers to my agent, and I may not have place to sleep tonight! I have no plane to Monte Vista till tomorow, and I do want to say goodbuy to friends here."
A: "You always have place to sleep Carl, you can get the guest bedroom here, upstairs, but there is another reason I want you here today, and with some connection with Union Cove in future."
C: "Does it have something to do with this dark strange room we passed trough?"
A: "Yes, but don't worry, guest room is little bland but not dark. Let me show you."

C: "Thank you Ana, this would suit me perfectly for tonight."
A: "That is what friends are for, and not just for tonight. Let me show you something first."

A: "Remember what I did when you offered me to follow you in expedition?"
C: "Yes of course, you were advemturing around China and chasing spirits around Bridgeport."
A: "Do you know why I did that?"
C: "Wait, does this have something to do with your gem collection?"
A: "Yes, gem and painting collection, perfect garden and many more. You see, I had that idea long time ago and it is now time to make it real. The Archives.
C: "Archives? Like tons of old paper on dusty shelves?"
A: "Hahaha, that is funny but seriously, no. Imagine the place where all the things in our world would be placed. Not objects, stuff, but like a museum."
C: " I see where you are getting with that!"
A: " Imagine the ultimate art gallery with all possible paintings and sculpture, botanical garden with all perfect plants, a zoo with all animals, geological department with gems and metal ores, hystory department with all the relics and all other possibilities.."

C: (clapping in approval)
A: "Which is why I want you near by. You are the most reliable Sim I know, and I need someone to help me keep marks of everything. And certainly some help in collecting everything and all."
C: "I'll be more than happy to help, but don't really know how."
A: "Could you write about progress? And make sure all samples of each item is collected and stored?"
C: "Yes, that would be a pleasure to do when I am here! Sound like a good way to spend vacations! "
A: "I have thought of others who might help, so after the party we will know more about tasks and who will do what, I still have some holes to fill in, but wanted to know if I can count on your support in this. Thank you Carl!"
C: "Thank you, new adventure for all of us ahead!"

(Door bell)
A: "Seems that party has begin!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 9th Chapter - It's a deal
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 06:36:48 AM »
Love that final pic of Ana dancing! Great update. Can't wait for the party and to see all the iconic UC residents.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »
Just read the whole thing.  WOW!  First of all, TWINS?  Mye and Hansome have twins on top of the original two?  Good thing he's a doctor they will need the kind of cash they earn.  lol

I love the way the story is developing.  Hmmmm,  Carl and Ana planning something new?  Can't wait to hear what's up with them, although really sad he wanted to move out of his mansion.  Ah well, I bet there will be wonderful people moving into it soon. 

Great job, Ana!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 02:45:10 PM »
Thank you Gogo, took some nice pics from the epic party, hope to get that shared soon.

Thank you Joria! It is starting to reveal slowly and it will after next few updates. Carl had some urgent reasons to move out of UC and he is just going to occasionally visit UC. I will track down who will move in that wonderful Castle and you'll see more about Thymes ;) Will try to track down other residents too, but the story will be around those already introduced.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »
Paaarty! Happy birthday Alen!

Door bell was indeed first guests arriving, and soon enough they were all over the lot!

Weather seemed to change so Ana brought Alen to the cake:

Alen grow up with a lot of cheering but none of the present guests seem to be impressed.

Ana went inside of the house with her son, as outside was loud and crowdy, and guests were rude ("Making faces to her beautiful boy, that strabism appear with every simchild! it will pass within few minutes you rude Sims!").
She wanted some private time with her son. And he is one very pretty boy.

As they eat the cake she could hardly hear the noise from outside:

But the noise was not from happy guests. It was hailing!
Not everyone seem to mind it:

A: "Quick! Everyone inside! Adults on the second floor, kids you have new gaming console waiting in living room!"
Damien: "I'll look after the boys." (meaning I'll play the game and make them watch me mwahahaha).

A: "OK, everyone else, upstairs. Have something important to tell you.

A:"Good, you are all here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »
The Archives - phase one; and the rest of the party!

A: "My dear friends, thank you for coming here on such a wonderful day!"
Thea: " Ana dear, cut to the case, my man is downstairs and I don't have all the time to sit here!"
Hebe: "Thea! Be nice!"

A: "OK, Thea, I will cut to the case. First, I wanted few others to be present here today but they did not make it with the right reason. Hansum and Mye became parents again - with twins just few hours ago! So they obviously couldn't come!
Nicole: "More sweet Thymes nooboos, aww.. We have to go see them!"
A:"Agree Nicole, we can go together tomorow and surprise them.

Declan: "Panther is on honeymoon just so you know."
Steven: "Good for him! Sent our congratulations to a young couple!"
Nicole: "I heard Faye is a very good girl!"
James: "Then he made a good choice not to skip his honeymoon."
(Hebe giggling)

A: "I tried to contact Moira and Rodrigo earlier, they are abroad, they got a whole new city to build and they sent greetings to everyone.
Steven: "Maybe Moira is buidling but we all know what Rodrigo is doing!"
(everyone at the table giggling).

Carl:"Glad you are here guys, have something important to tell you - I am moving out of Union Cove. Flight is in couple of hours."
(everyone from all sides started with questions)
Carl: "Wait, one by one, Castle is sold, I got a new house in the other town, and will be staying here occasionally for reasons Ana will tell you."
A:"I wanted to ask who is interested in a project I have planned. Since the last team effort we made lead us to Union Cove, I am asking you now to participate in another, little different kind of job."
What is it, what are you talking about?
A: "The Archives. Ultimate museum of all crafted and collected pieces in Sims world. I worked on that before Union Cove, and now think it is time to finish it, with the help from you.

James: "I'll cover the fishing and Declan will take sculpting."
Declan: "Yes I will, I am kind of already doing it anyway."
Steven: "I'll bring spacerocks from my homeplanet!"
Hebe: "I can do a garden!"
Thea: "Me and Damon will bring inventions!"
Carl: "I already agreed to write it all down."

A: (with big smile over her face) You don't know how happy you made me! For now that would be more than enough. I'll go to hunt for relics for now, and got the elixirs. That may be the phase one of The Archives. In phase two we will see what is missing and get on work. Hebe, James, I have a proposal to you two.
(Hebe and James stoped staring to each other)
A: "Hebe you had to see that garden across the street from your house? What would you say if I ask you and James to move on that lot and do the gardening and fishing part there?"
Hebe and James: "We'd say yes of course!"
James would say anything to move out from that busy household of artists, but to live with Hebe in such a place! Dream come true! Hebe recognized the wish she made to Voice and mumbled in her mouth "Thank you A Voice!"

A:"OK everyone, I won't hold you here any longer, party is waiting downstairs!

Guests stayed until dawn, dancing tirelessly and celebrating the birthday and their friendships that brought them that far.

Morning was horrible as was the night. It was still hailing and Alen went to his first day at school on such a weather:

As he was leaving he had that sad look on his face. Expecting the day off because it was his birthday, he miscalculated that officially he grew up before afternoon so this was the day 2 of his child age. Ana knew what was bothering him, so while he was leaving she called to schedule a vacation, just for two of them.

And morning light revealed what was left from the party:

It might turn out to be a bright sunny day after all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 10th and 11th Chapter - The Archives and The Party
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 04:24:28 PM »
Happy birthday, Alen!  That has to be the most illustrious group of guests ever assembled for a toddler's birthday party.  Lovely screenshots, too!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »
My toddler's birthdays always end in them aging up in a bathroom or something. Happy birthday, Alen! Nice slow dancing with Hebe and James.  ;)

Louise56

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 03:31:33 AM »
Happy birthday Alen! The pictures of the party look awesome! :)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 01:36:33 PM »
Thanks everyone! Hail was a surprise in the middle of the party but also a perfect reason for everyone to gather and have the big talk.

Hebe and James just couldn't take hands of each other, while the rest did some great club dancing! Moves were hillarious but I didn't want to flood this post with pictures of Sims in funny positions, 2 are enough to share the mood of the evening :P

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 02:17:29 PM »
I am really loving this Hebe and James are my favorite Sim couple ever.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »
Day after

Carl went to catch his plane to Monte Vista.
A:"Goodbye Carl, have a safe trip and call when you settle down!"

Then to call Nicole.

A:"Good morning Nicole! Did you slept well?"
Nicole: "How could I, we just came home from you."
A:"Oh yes, sorry to keep you awake. That mean we will not visit the Thymes today?"
Nicole: "Maybe later today, after some sleep."
A: "How about tomorrow? Kids may grow enough for us to take care of them for a few hours and we can give the Thymes some time for themselves?"
Nicole: "That sounds perfect, now good night, I mean day, morning, whatever - I am off to sleep."
A: "Sweet dreams Nicole."

That is perfect. Now she can take Alen to that vacation and be back in time to visit the Thymes! So good that it takes only couple of Sim hours to go to China and back no matter how long you stay there!

Next for that morning was to check up on Hebe and James. Look who else came to say hi - Bubblegum! James was himself and bored poor girl talking about the perfect bait for goldfish.

As Hebe took nap on the bench Ana checked if they have all they need.

James: "Don't worry Ana, all we need is each other, and few basics like a bed and shower, this is more than enough! I will fish, Hebe will tend the garden, and we have each other. Nothing more to wish for!"

A: "This is indeed a magical place. Tell me again, how you got to have this soft cloudly chairs? It is so comfortable, feels like I am sitting on air!"
Hebe: "You are, they are invisible."
James: "This wonderful woman spreads magic with her presence."
Hebe: "Your love is that magic."
James: "I love you plumcake!"
Hebe: "I love you strawberry pie!"
James: "Mon Cherry!"
Hebe: "My sweet Pumpkin!"
James: "My lovely Catfish!"
Hebe: "My shiny Lobster"
Ana: "I have to go now."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 12th Chapter - Day after
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 04:05:30 PM »
Lol.  "I have to go now".  What?  You didn't want to hear about the whipped cream on top of all that sugary sweetness?  Great update.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove Chronicles - 12th Chapter - Day after
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 05:55:00 AM »
Family bonding and magical touch

First day at school for Alen went relatively well. In the middle of summer, he went to school with gloves. Even if it was puring rain that morning, it is still wierd and I wonder if he got teased for that.

Alen: "No, just few strange looks and one most beautiful look there is".
A Voice: "You can hear me!? Sorry, didn't meant to scare you. And you sound like you met someone special?"
Alen: "She smells like a flower and was nice to me!"
A Voice: "She does sound like a special girl. Not teasing you over the gloves means she really likes you too. I am glad you finded a friend!"

Now back home for that mirror, closeth and to see your room!

Ana:" Hello love, how was in school?
Alen:" Not so bad, teacher was nice and I knew all the lectures we had today."
Ana: "Already lectures? Don't tell me you got homework on your first day!
Alen: "Yes mom, of course I did. Here it is."

Rain stopped and Alen took some time to play outside while she cook the dinner. The sight of her boy playing in the garden was warming her heart. She knew she made a good decision to quit her job and spend more quality time with her son.

That got her to confirm that trip to China for two of them. She have some adventuring to do, but more important, she wants Alen to travel and see the world. And to be there to see all the excitement in his eyes.
Later that night, rain started to pour like crazy again, but some strange lights got her attention.

Could it be?

A unicorn in front door!? I've heard those magical creatures sometimes appear in distant fishing spots, far from Sims. To have one come to her house is magical! Alen must see this!
As she yelled for Alen to come outside right away; which of course confused little boy as it was late and raining; she got to talk to a strange visitor.
Ana: "Hello beautiful stranger, what brought you to us?"
Unicorn: "Stay close to me and make sure your son is near me too."
Ana:"You can talk!? But what are you talking about?
Unicorn: "You have to trust me on this."
Ana: "Just make sure you don't scare Alen."

Alen: "Wow, mom, look!"
Ana: "Be careful honey, this is one special unicorn.

Ana: "Alen, are you OK???"
Unicorn: "He can't hear you, I enchanted him so he won't remember this, it would be too much for a child".
Ana: "What have you done to me, to us!?"
Unicorn: "That lightning was ment to strike Alen. You are stronger and I could save you, but not him, he is still a child and too weak for a strike like that. "
Ana: "I.. I don't know what to say.. feel dizzy a little.. How is that even possible?"
Unicorn: "In magical realm we can see the past and the future. And Alen have a special role in future. We needed to keep him alive."
Ana: "Can't understand what you are talking about, but saving him you saved my life too. (crying) Can't bare to think what would happen if he got striked.. I can't thank you enough. "
Unicorn: "Just keep doing what you started, Archives might prove to be very useful too. And we are watching over you."

As they talked Alen appeared to be in shock, hypnotised in a way. Ana lead Alen back to house, and took a shower. As she came out, Alen seemed oblivious to what just happen and she could not be happier for that.
Making promise to protect him, Ana tuck Alen in the bed and prepared them for the trip.
Next morning, they were in a much much different place.

anything