Author Topic: The Long Way Home. Complete.  (Read 69106 times)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (77) Getting Acquainted
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:21 AM »

Since I didn't come here to goof around, I start studying the book I've been given. It's rather interesting, really. Motorology, Get Your Engine Running. Not a book we had back home. Maybe I should think about becoming a Bookworm now though. It may be interesting, seeing as I'm going to school for the first time in my life!

After the book, I try to upgrade the thing they've given me, but I have barely started working on it when I get a call to come to the 'Meet and Greet'. I guess it's time to really see the college...

First I read up on the Class Schedule and the Curriculum. After all, I do want to know what I'm looking at here.

Mmm.... maybe I'll start my inventing skill over here. It seems to help with my degree and it's the only Technology skill I haven't maxed out yet. I guess that means the extra room will be filled with a workbench.

Of course, even I can't say no to a bunch of freebies... So, I take one of each. Too bad there are no professors around. I would have loved to hear more about this journey I've undertaken.

Well. Time to meet some people around here... The first one I meet is... a rebel fairy? I suppose Citrus would be pleased to meet this guy. Of course, he isn't the only one I talk with, but he happens to be the one that reminds me most of home.

I... just had to try this, even though I'm not taking Science. *pokes machine*

"Gabriel. Get yourself a biker suit and soon. I don't want you to get hurt driving that... thing... around!" For a moment there, I had actually forgotten Mother will keep an eye on me, even over here. "Yes, Mother," I reply meekly.

Right. Back to work. I want this thing upgraded by the time I really need it. I could trade it in for the more expensive type, of course, but... I've never upgraded one of these before. I should think that by now you know I have to try everything.

"You do remember 'curiosity killed the cat', don't you, dear?" I can hear Mother's amusement through her mind voice though. I know she doesn't dislike my tinkering or my attraction to new things. Otherwise she'd never have given me this challenge.

Before I go to bed, I take some time to get to know Jimmy, my new butler. Strange name for a butler if you ask me. "James", sure, but Jimmy?

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (78) Gabriel's first school day
« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »

Well, that was a bust. It seems the platform doesn't see university as school, so I got to the first class hungry and smelly. I did manage to make a new friend though. At least I have the time to rectify matters in between classes. I head back home after Risk and Puddles 202, step on the platform and let it take me straight to the proper school building.

Having a bit of fun in between classes... and texting other students in class obviously isn't a good thing... I guess I should pay attention if I'm to succeed. I left my last class of the day with the advice to study outside classes. Gee, thanks, Wade. I wouldn't have thought of that myself.

"Cheeky. Take care not to tell him that to his face. You may have befriended him, but professors really don't like that kind of talk." *sighs* It seems Mother is going to keep even closer watch than she did back home. I feel... very young now.

I guess it's time to update my look. Of course, since I can't grow any facial hair (none of us can, really. Same goes for body hair too, by the way), at least i don't have to shave to look my best.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2013, 01:31:51 PM »
I think I'll have to split up the next chapter... Way too much text otherwise.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2013, 04:14:35 PM »
Poor Gabriel. I don't know how those fancy platform things work, but I'm glad he figured it out. His new look is very nice!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2013, 04:19:39 PM »
The first thing I thought upon seeing his sweatshirt was "Power to the gnomes," lol.
Glad the platform is all worked out, I hope he has fun at school.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (79) The Nerd Gabriel. Naturally.
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2013, 03:54:53 AM »

I caved... and bought me the larger Brain Enhancing Machine. I've kept the old one, so I can still upgrade it further once I get home again. I never would have imagined this thing teaches inventing though.

Time for breakfast now... and then it's back to work.

Look! I made something! My first invention! I wonder whether my fingers will live through maxing this particular skill though.

Time to study the sim brain at the Komic Shop. Mmmm... Brains... Does anyone else have zombies on their mind? I can hardly tell the professor that my brain isn't exactly a sim brain, can I? I wonder what the machine will make of the differences. I still think it's an interesting matter to study.

This could actually be rather relaxing, if it wasn't for that silly paparazzi, who keeps taking pictures of me from all sides.

After the two required hours of practice, I pay a visit to the store and stock up on reading material.

Though Wade keeps complaining about me in class, I've made it to the dean's list. I'd think as my best friend over here, he wouldn't tell me to start using my notepad and pencil.

I think my next degree may just become Science. This thing is fun!

I just couldn't keep ignoring the party invites from my rebel fairy friend... There's no harm in a party, after all. So, against Mariska's warnings, I went with the flow. It wasn't like the parties at home, that's for sure. And those test tubes really spice things up a little. *grins mischievously*

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #231 on: April 01, 2013, 04:00:44 AM »
The first thing I thought upon seeing his sweatshirt was "Power to the gnomes," lol.
Glad the platform is all worked out, I hope he has fun at school.
lol. Oh, he has <.<. Lots and lots of fun... I don't think his fun need went down much, except for during the three classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Lots of fun things to do at school. I think some people may wish he never went once he makes it back...

Poor Gabriel. I don't know how those fancy platform things work, but I'm glad he figured it out. His new look is very nice!

The platforms usually have a 'get ready and go to school/work' option, which wasn't there, but you can use them to teleport to a venue too (or actually all teleports once they're upgraded, as the first one in the mansion is.) They take care of food and hygiene needs before the actual teleport, in the time of just a shower ;).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
« Reply #232 on: April 01, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »
He seems to be having fun at college.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #233 on: April 01, 2013, 03:15:42 PM »
Oh wow! That is really convenient! And just, of course he would become a nerd. Of course.

By samoht04

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #234 on: April 01, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
And just, of course he would become a nerd. Of course.

Would it really go any other way? I mean, we're talking about Gabriel here.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2013, 07:00:06 AM »
He seems to be having fun at college.
Oh, he is... and he's just getting started...

Oh wow! That is really convenient! And just, of course he would become a nerd. Of course.

Would it really go any other way? I mean, we're talking about Gabriel here.
True. Gabriel is a natural nerd... but, like sims and men, there is more than meets the eye.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (80) Bleary-eyed exams and a real Gabriel week-end
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »

Maybe I shouldn't have gone to my first party here the night before the exams... but I still have enough time to get ready.

I even manage to drive to class in a perfect mood and with my brain improved by the machine. I pass Risk and Puddles with flying colours... two more to go. Corporate Snacking 202 follows suit. Only History of Superconductivity 201 to go. I won't be able to try hard all through that one I think. It's my worst subject really, as I usually try so hard at the other courses, I tend to slack off during this one. But against all odds, I pass it, also with flying colours.

I did manage to find this little guy in my books. Thankfully, I didn't let his appearance distract me too much from my test.

Time to go home and... have fun. Maybe socialize with Jimmy some more. Bake some new bread. I'm just going to enjoy a quiet relaxing week-end.

Mmmm... I'm more in the mood for pizza today... Extra cheesy, yum!

A good hot soak in the tub will be sure to relax me after those horrid exams. Now this is just glorious. Maybe I should go out and buy some bubble bath soon.

While reading my stack of comic books, I gain a new trait! I become a Bookworm, which is rather preordained, I suppose. Especially with all the time I've spend with my nose in some kind of book lately.

(lol. Gabriel's spending his week-end the way I used to: reading one comic book after another! I never saw the use of parties... but I could get lost in comic books any time. Or regular books for that matter.)

(Next chapters were some of the most fun to write...)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
Re: The Long Way Home. (80) Bleary-eyed exams and a real Gabriel week-end
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »
Yay for gnomes!
I hope his, pizza, bath, and comic books were nice!  ;)
Great job on the test!

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (81) Even angels have bad days...
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »
The nerds used their influence to get me a job offer as a game designer! I may actually try that, once I get home... I suppose I should try to gain some standing with the other groups too. After all, you never know...

"Gabriel! You know better than to paint on the floor!" *sighs* "Yes, Mother."

"Great. You agree and then what do you do? Paint on the wall. Gabriel." I don't think I'm amusing Her with my attempts to improve my standing with the rebels. "At least I'm doing it in my own home," I mutter. But fine, I'll use another tactic for a while.

"Grimmy! Hey, Grim!" "Oh swell. Now you're just being plain annoying."

"What the --? Gabriel?"

"What in Mother's name do you think you were doing?"

After a very unexpected scolding from Grim himself, a warning never to do that again... and an apology from my side... he finally returns me to my body. I now know for a fact: dying is no fun at all and I'd rather forgo another encounter like it. Another lesson of sim life learned, though... this is definitely one I would much rather have passed on.

"You know, that hurts!" "Serves you right." Mother sighs. Grim just laughs, as he is quite able to hear her. "Bye, Gabriel. Behave," he grins, right before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke. He didn't even stick around this time. But then, it's really getting rather late and it's a school night.

"Yes, real rebels always do the dishes."

"Sir, if you wouldn't mind cleaning up your artwork upstairs?" Isn't that supposed to be what I hired you for?

Of course, I keep my mouth shut and clean up the paint. With Mother on his side, I doubt there's anything else for me to do. After all of that, I decide to summon my genie again. With a little luck, he can cheer me up a bit.

Ah yes... Instant happiness. Now I'd better leave him in his lamp or he'll be gone before I can take him home and release him.

The morning after, I decide to stick with the kicky bag for a while. I don't think Grim or Mother will disapprove of that. At least Wade is off my case today. Makes you wonder what we need friends for, when best friends keep complaining you're not doing your very best.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Long Way Home. (81) Even angels have bad days...
« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
Are those magical sparklies coming off his kicky ball?

By samoht04

anything