Author Topic: The Long Way Home. Complete.  (Read 69121 times)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (70) Epidemic!
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2013, 04:50:02 AM »

I think there's something in the water... there must be. Yesterday Ben wanted a haircut, today Arthur follows suit. He has a birthday coming up this weekend, so maybe he just wants to look his best for the occasion.

Done! Another skill maxed... and only one to go now. After that, I can finally relax a bit...I'm looking forward to painting and sculpting again... this time without having to get back to something because I really have to.

And another someone wanted to have a haircut and -dye. It's an epidemic, I'm sure of it!

(Mariska didn't get a wish for a hair change, but the boys did. I thought it was about time to have her dye her gray hair.)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (71) A difficult birthday for Arthur
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2013, 04:55:42 AM »

Arthur really didn't want to grow up today. I invited the entire island to the party park next door, bought two birthday cakes... but Arthur simply refused. Back home, with another cake, he started to cut it, but... still didn't feel like ageing up. Of course, time stops for no sim... right before bed, his age crept up on him and he became a Young Adult.

Because of his stubbornness, he'll have to wait until tomorrow to change his look, but I don't think he minds that much. Monday he'll start working with his father. Maybe that idea scares him, though Lemon has never really shown the boys what he can do. Whenever he spars, it's with me, not them. Of course, they've seen him practise on the treadmill, in front of the tv and the radio, but nothing to be afraid of.

Of course, Mariska is already discussing the boy's marital status with Majora. Her romantic side won't leave Arthur alone until he gets married I guess.

The first thing Arthur does in the morning... is pay a quick visit to his mirror and dresser. After all, he needs to look good for his graduation, right? Arthur graduates with the Highest Honour. I guess skipping school too often doesn't really do for a valedictorian. His classmates have voted him Most Likely to Hack the Military Facility, though he immediately promised Lemon not to. After all, they're both in the police department right now. It would be rather awkward if he got caught doing something like that.

(It took four tries and three resets before Arthur grew up. The last reset left him with different hair and clothing. The only non-standard part was his hair... which is an EA store item.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (69) Ben's Mood Swing
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2013, 04:58:50 AM »
Yay for alliterative crushes! They are some handsome young men.
The game seems to like alliterations as well  ;). I had nothing to do with the boys' choices.

Ha, I noticed that too!
Glad the end is in sight! You've done a great job doing this and I won't be happy to see it go, but will be happy that it was written despite. Shame about Sacrlet though.
Thank you :). I had high hopes for Scarlet and Gabriel... They got along so well together too.

I just read through the entire story, and it is amazing! What a unique and difficult challenge! I am very tempted to try it out!
Thank you :).

Good luck if you try it too. It's been a fun journey so far, though... there have been boring moments too <.<.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2013, 05:43:31 AM »
Awwww heck, I'm with you Arthur.  I don't want to age up either.  But in our world growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »
Ooooh! Great update! I am loving the haircuts, they all look so good in them. I wonder what's in the water, maybe it'll get my parents to get me a cut!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2013, 08:58:09 AM »
Sorry for the long silence, guys. Getting used to new meds... and they're making me so dizzy I can barely read anything. Will update as soon as I feel a bit better.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
No problem yruvian.  You just take care of yourself.  Your devoted fans will wait. 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2013, 04:00:36 AM »
Sorry to hear you're unwell. Feel better soon.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (72) Another day, another birthday...
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
Of course, now that Arthur is all grown up, the first thing he does after graduation... is invite the young lady with whom he spend his last prom over. Even though neither he nor his brother can move out of the manor, there's nothing that says they cannot get married and... maybe even have little sims running around.
After all, only one more week and there won't be any more minors around the mansion. It's going to be positively boring to be able to sit down without whoopee cushions going off all over the place.

They even eat cake nearly head to head... but still Alexandra refuses Arthur's first attempt to a first kiss. Not surprisingly, as it's nearly the first thing he says to her... Still, with some making up - which, according to Arthur, is just about the best thing about arguing - he gets in the first kiss... and a few more. And the rest, as they say, is history. I guess I really need to build an indoor partying place now, because I doubt the pair wants to wait very long before they too can wed.

I'm starting to wonder why sims feel the need for marriage though. It's one part of sim life I haven't indulged in yet. With Mariska and Lemon woohooing nearly daily, Citrus and Orange both happily married... and now Arthur just waiting to do the same, I'm really curious. But I cannot fall into that trap, because... once I finish here, I'm going home. And I cannot take a sim with me.

(I really wish Arthur had picked someone a bit better looking though. Maybe I should send her to the hospital for some surgery. Never did that to a sim yet.)

(How do you get a better day when being nauseous with meds? Skip a day... bad me.)

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2013, 10:07:34 AM »
She's not UNattractive, just.... tired-looking. I hope you continue to feel better :D.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2013, 03:03:41 PM »
That screenshot where he's in her face while she's trying to eat--ha ha. Glad you're feeling better enough to post.

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2013, 06:33:09 AM »
That screenshot where he's in her face while she's trying to eat--ha ha. Glad you're feeling better enough to post.
Thanks :). I really liked that screenshot, though... it makes his nose even bigger than it is ;).

She's not UNattractive, just.... tired-looking. I hope you continue to feel better :D.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (73) Old romance dies hard
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2013, 06:33:51 AM »

I wonder how Arthur likes having his own father as his boss... At least they both like the billiard table. He's gotten his first promotion already, but... I think his mind isn't really on the job as much as on a certain girl.

One more book to read and I'll have my riding skill maxed out as well... which is good, because I would love to paint some more. I really am not a bookworm... and right now, I regret that. It would make this less of a chore, I'm sure. Especially considering the time Arthur and Benjamin spend just reading. I wish I could really enjoy a good read... but, come on, reading about horse riding isn't very exciting, now is it?

What? Orange just called Mariska to ask her out on a date? Has that boy completely lost his mind? I wonder whether he was actually surprised of the dressing down she gave him on the phone... *shakes head* Of all the silly things he could do...

Of course, Mariska still has her hopeless romantic nature to contend with... but she prefers Lemon. No place is really safe for them... they even find the time for romance while... doing the laundry together.

At least the ground floor of the mansion is now completely done... I've also added a bathroom in the basement, because... young Ben's always getting singed lately.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2013, 06:37:41 AM »
And now I have to select screenshots for the next chapters.

I've taken the meds again yesterday evening. The reason I didn't take them on Wednesday... was because I couldn't bare the idea of being that nauseous on my birthday. So it was an actual intentional bad. Today I even have to increase the dose, so I'm a bit worried it may get worse before it gets better.

Though... still not that dizzy yet today. I'll see if I can order the screenshots for the next few chapters. If I can upload them today, I should be able to post regularly while hoping for my body to adjust. At least this time I'm going to be better prepared (I hope).

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »
And now I have to select screenshots for the next chapters.

I've taken the meds again yesterday evening. The reason I didn't take them on Wednesday... was because I couldn't bare the idea of being that nauseous on my birthday. So it was an actual intentional bad. Today I even have to increase the dose, so I'm a bit worried it may get worse before it gets better.

Though... still not that dizzy yet today. I'll see if I can order the screenshots for the next few chapters. If I can upload them today, I should be able to post regularly while hoping for my body to adjust. At least this time I'm going to be better prepared (I hope).

Don't rush yourself so that you feel worse. We'll be patient. I really like the laundry room. How many days have Mariska and Lemon been together?