Author Topic: The Long Way Home. Complete.  (Read 69125 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Long Way Home. (65)
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2013, 07:52:33 AM »
Oh isn't Scarlet a cutie.  And Gabe definitely build the bookstore.  You need the books to get the last 7 recipes for your elixirs anyway. :D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (65)
« Reply #181 on: March 07, 2013, 02:55:36 AM »
Oh isn't Scarlet a cutie.  And Gabe definitely build the bookstore.  You need the books to get the last 7 recipes for your elixirs anyway. :D
Thanks... and done ;). The book store will be in one of the next chapters.

Downloading and installing university right now... but after that, I'm off to get the pictures for the buildings that still need to be placed in the building thread.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (66) A New Tradition
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2013, 02:59:16 AM »

Thanks to the tabcast, I maxed out my nectarology and photography while working on my elixirs. Maybe soon I will be able to actually sleep again. My invigoration elixirs are slowly running out, but I'm not too worried about that. I've even started painting again, in between training sessions.

The boys are also very fond of their own tablets. Their homework seems to go a lot quicker... and they read a lot more than they used to as well. Both are quite nice advantages if you ask me. Of course, we don't really have that many books in the house, but I guess that may change as soon as I build the boo kstore.

And in other news, another 'tradition' seems to have started. Arthur follows closely in Citrus' footsteps, as he carefully booby traps every single thing in the house... So far only Benjamin has been the target of his pranks, but I doubt that will take much longer.

I hope he grows out of it soon... So far, all of his pranking have been in the house, thankfully. No egged homes anywhere else on Redemption... I'm still surprised we didn't get any complaints of Citrus' egg-throwing. I guess they didn't see him in the act. Still, I'm glad I did manage to punish him that day. After all, it's been the only time he's ever done a thing like that.

Of course, i can hardly make Arthur do the same thing. It's much too cold to work in the garden... Let's just hope I won't have to come up with anything.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (67) The book store... and a birthday
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2013, 03:06:54 AM »

Now that there is a book store in town, I guess I should go out and buy my missing Elixir recipes. While there, I also pick up all books I can find on Riding and Inventing. I'm curious about this 'inventing'... and I need to learn Riding anyway. Of course, Scarlet will grow up soon, but I doubt I'll be able to ride her all the time. After all, it's mighty cold outside...

Once Mariska heard about the book store, she immediately went there and made us a partner. *shrugs* We usually forget to get our money from the other places, but whenever someone actually remembers, we do get some extra simoleons.

The ground floor of the mansion is nearly finished now. I just finished up the main dining room and the billiard room. The personnel quarters are more or less ready to be furnished... and I've started building the first basement. Most of the skilling items need to move down there soon, so I guess it's about time to start there.

Meanwhile, Majora has found a nicer spot to sleep... I can't say I blame her. I think the media room is much warmer than her old spot and the fire makes it nice and cosy.

The 'ready' room is rather busy in the mornings, though with only three that still need it, it's not too bad any more. Lemon gets to work early this way and his colleagues seem to like that very much. Mariska laughed at that. She thinks they should be more worried: Lemon is a super spy after all, who knows what he's investigating in those very early hours. I guess she has a point, but I doubt that's what our super spy does on those mornings.

And Scarlet has grown into a gorgeous adult!

(But I think I'll have to let go of Scarlet, as the moment she grows up, the game starts to lag like crazy. Not just regular lag either: the game actually freezes up for several minutes after each action. I already restarted from a previous saved game to check whether it was the building that did it, but it seems it really is Scarlet's maturing that does it. Gabriel will still be able to max out riding, as he bought the necessary books from the book store.

It's sad though. I really like how they look together. It's just as if she was born especially to join Gabriel.)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (68) No more Scarlet
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2013, 11:47:38 AM »

We... had to let Scarlet go. According to Mother, she'd been taken by the other side. I guess my twin b(r)other found out about what I'm doing here and doesn't want me to succeed. He send one of his minions to destroy her innocent soul and possess her.

I've let my hair grow out a little, though it's nowhere near its old length yet. I'm wondering whether I'll let it get that long again. Mariska seems to think I have to be a proper example for the youngsters. After all, regardless of my looks, I am the oldest person in the house. *shrugs*

"I think you look dashing, Gabriel mine. This hairdo makes you look much more innocent than the mature look you've worn since your unbirthday. You were never meant to look... or act... mature. You've been behaving every bit as adult as a regular sim your age would... and quite frankly, that's worrying me a little." *smiles*

Well, maybe that's the reason the boys all come to me when they want to learn to drive... Arthur and I are taking Lemon's cruiser out for a spin. Even though Lemon has asked me to use our other car. I'm such a rebel. Though... I think Mariska will have more trouble with us staying out until way past midnight on a school day.

That'll teach her never to expect one of my kind to be 'a good role model and a responsible adult'. Even though I'm skilling all day long, that really doesn't mean deep inside I'm not the same as I was when I just got here. Except that I now understand sims better...

Of course, Lemon really isn't that much better at this 'adult' stuff. He challenged me for a sparring match in the media room. Lots of nice breakable things around... and Arthur as public.

But our example isn't that terrible it seems, as Ben has made it on the honour roll!

Mariska and Lemon are still as romantically active as always, by the way. The mistletoe was just a convenient excuse.

Really, not a single day goes by without them seeking each other out. If possible, they've gotten even more deeply in love now than they were when they got married.

No, Hawk, I'm not inviting you in... I'm still working on furnishing the place, I don't need things to mysteriously disappear! You and Rosa may be friends of mine, but I am aware of your kleptomania... and, though I know you can't help yourself, I'd rather not have to check every room in the house once you're gone. I would also prefer both of you to stop calling me for dates...

(And indeed, it was Scarlet that made the game stutter. I put her up for adoption before she grew up and the game stays as stable as before.

Mother will one day come to regret her comments of this day I think.)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2013, 04:43:32 PM »
Oh Nooooo.  Scarlet was so beautiful.  And Gabe, the hair looks good.  Great update.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2013, 05:48:39 AM »
Oh Nooooo.  Scarlet was so beautiful.  And Gabe, the hair looks good.  Great update.
I know. She must have been the most beautiful horse I've had in the game so far... and she suited Gabriel so well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2013, 08:16:29 AM »
Awww :( Sad to see Scarlet go. Do I understand you correctly--you have a kleptomaniac called Rosa in your game? Should I be offended? ;)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2013, 08:42:15 AM »
Awww :( Sad to see Scarlet go. Do I understand you correctly--you have a kleptomaniac called Rosa in your game? Should I be offended? ;)
No, Hawk's the klepto :). She and Rosa came by at the same time though, so it would be even worse for Proper Gabriel to invite Rosa in and leave Hawk standing out in the cold. So, he decided to talk to the both of them on the porch instead.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (69) Ben's Mood Swing
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2013, 09:56:03 AM »
Benjamin has gotten out of bed on the wrong foot today... but, unlike Citrus and Arthur before him, all he does... is clean things. Of course, you'd better not look too closely at the things he's cleaned afterwards. There may be some surprises...

He is also the only one who isn't in our current art room. I had to move the easels, as they were actually positioned in our Summer Portico, which has been finished yesterday. Of course, considering the weather we won't be spending a lot of time over there for a while.

Even so, he's not doing anything bad at the moment. He's just the only one in the house who prefers to work on his logic skill instead.

It seems all he really wanted to do was dye and cut his hair. He was a bit grumpier than usual today though.

Erm. Mariska? I thought we had agreed the portico was too cold for winter?

As dusk fell, I finally remembered what day it was... and Benjamin's mood swing started to make a whole lot more sense. It's another prom night... and it seems Mariska's youngest is extremely nervous about the event. I just hope Raphael will keep me informed this time as well. It's rather nice to know what's going on without being there.
"Don't worry, Gabe. Of course I'll let you know."
"I believe there's a llama infestation in the school this night. Ben has spotted one, Arthur two... And the boys aren't doing very well with their own gender... though the girls can't seem to get enough of your duo."
Arthur was voted prom king for the night... and both boys fell in love with the Chevallier sisters next door! Arthur with Alexandra and Benjamin with Bernadette!

And for those that wonder what I've been doing all day, except for the little painting session... I'm still working on that very last level in Elixirs. Since Majora is my only companion in that room most of the time, we've become quite good friends, though she usually sleeps while I practice. I'm actually thinking of dedicating the room to her instead of making it a tea room, as was the original intention. I'm sure she'd love to have windows to lie in front of and mutter at every bird in sight.

(Arches don't let in snow! And Mariska seems to really like this place... she always goes to eat over there now. Even though the manor has a completely furnished dining room and breakfast nook closer to the kitchen.)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2013, 10:13:08 AM »
Erm. Mariska? I thought we had agreed the portico was too cold for winter?

Maybe because of the spectacular view or the solitude.  Great update.  The boys are really growing up.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
Maybe because of the spectacular view or the solitude.  Great update.  The boys are really growing up.

I can see the end in my saved game. The last requirement has just been finished. All that's left is to finish up the story line... and build.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2013, 11:40:52 AM »
Yay for alliterative crushes! They are some handsome young men.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2013, 03:42:12 PM »
Quote from: ombradellarosa link=topic=14172.msg289448#msg289448 date=.1363016452
Yay for alliterative crushes! They are some handsome young men.
Ha, I noticed that too!
Glad the end is in sight! You've done a great job doing this and I won't be happy to see it go, but will be happy that it was written despite. Shame about Sacrlet though.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2013, 01:27:38 AM »
I just read through the entire story, and it is amazing! What a unique and difficult challenge! I am very tempted to try it out!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything