Author Topic: The Long Way Home. Complete.  (Read 69107 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Long Way Home. (53) Young again!
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2013, 07:39:18 AM »
I like the way you've presented your gallery yruvian.  Yeah Gabe.  Hello good looks and speedy reflexes and goodbye to wrinkles and creaking bones.  Oh how I wish! ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »
I really like that first outfit he's wearing! It suits him. He looks very good!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »
This is a really great story-- you're a fantastic writer. Which of the household members are fairies? I'm a bit confused.

Crystal

« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2013, 06:54:36 PM »
I think the fairy is Lemon's little brother Citrus but I may be wrong.  Loved the update by the way.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53:43 AM »
I like the way you've presented your gallery yruvian.  Yeah Gabe.  Hello good looks and speedy reflexes and goodbye to wrinkles and creaking bones.  Oh how I wish! ;D
Thanks :). There's two of those rooms in the mansion and the moment I started working on the first, I just thought it would be nice for his gallery.

I think I'd trade any young again potions for health any time... Young Adult would be too late.

I really like that first outfit he's wearing! It suits him. He looks very good!
Thanks :). That outfit is also the only CC-outfit he's wearing. It really suits him I think.

This is a really great story-- you're a fantastic writer. Which of the household members are fairies? I'm a bit confused.
Thank you :).

Citrus, Lemon's younger brother, is the only fairy in the household :).

I think the fairy is Lemon's little brother Citrus but I may be wrong.  Loved the update by the way.
You're right, it's Citrus :). Though he isn't that little any more ;). And thank you.

The supernaturals in the household: Gabriel (Angel. To the game he's just human though), Mariska (Witch), Citrus (Fairy), Lucky (Imaginary Friend)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (54) Wedding Bells
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2013, 07:07:06 AM »

Look who's feeling quite at home here! Mary Little just walked back inside, without being invited or anything.

Citrus has graduated with highest honor! He has been selected as Class Valedictorian and was voted Most Artistic! Well, that doesn't come as much of a surprise, really. Whenever Mariska wasn't using an easel or the sculpture station, he took over instantly.

Thankfully I finished building the wedding grounds right in time! Of course, it's poring outside yet again... but our private celebration hall isn't ready yet... nor can it be before I finish mixology and guitar.

Citrus and Mary are tying the knot! It was a big hectic, with our entire family... and then the Littles.

Of course, neither Lemon nor I were left in peace after the ceremony. Lemon had to return to the police station to check out some new evidence... while I had to help out Kim Parson, who got rather nauseous at the party. Uninvited guest as she was, I couldn't just let her throw up all over the place, now could I.

In truth, I think most of the community showed up to the wedding, though only the Littles had been invited. I guess that happens with founders of town. Everyone wants to be present and feel like part of the family.

Mary, though a shy girl by heart, knew she was among friends and enjoyed her wedding very much indeed. And Citrus? Well... he couldn't keep his eyes of the lady of his heart. Both of them are already known as Eternally Faithful too... they got that reputation the day before they even got married! Let's just hope there won't be a lot of love letters trying to break them up.

And that's one part ready. My guitar has maxed while playing for the party guests! You'll be able to perform as a magician soon, Citrus!

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2013, 03:09:12 PM »
Awesome wedding set-up you have there.  Uninvited wedding guests make for interesting wedding only in TS3 not reality.  Great update.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »
Congratulations to the newlyweds!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2013, 05:29:39 AM »
Awesome wedding set-up you have there.  Uninvited wedding guests make for interesting wedding only in TS3 not reality.  Great update.
Thank you. Uninvited guests in reality are like bad fairytale witches at births...

The lot is also posted in the build-thread, if you want to see it in full :).

Congratulations to the newlyweds!
Thank you :).

A fairy and a werewolf... at least they'll always have a playmate ;).

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (55) A different kind of music
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2013, 05:46:32 AM »
The way the couple spend quite some time during their wedding night...

Some of us still try to sleep in the hallway, you know! *laughs* I guess tomorrow will be early enough to give the kids my wedding present. Mary, by the way, is my newest colleague. She managed to apply the day before the wedding. I hope she'll prove to be a great doctor. At least she is already following her own dream, though... I think she'll have quite a bit of paid leave soon enough.

Yes, I've finally made the link between the chimes in the bedroom, the sickness and the pregnancies. And I'm sure I heard chimes again last night.

As soon as we're all awake, I let them in on a little secret I've been keeping... and give them their wedding present: the keys to their very own house. It has a complete garden with fairy castle, as well as a fully prepared nursery. I'm sure Mary will love the privacy, as she's still shy among some of the members of our household. A busy manor like this one would only harm her... but I admit I'll miss Citrus. Of course, he isn't moving that far away from here.

(Will post the house in the building thread as soon as I get the necessary screenshots, as well as another building which was build at the same time.)

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2013, 08:25:18 PM »
Because we all wear our heels and loafers in bed....
The joy of simming.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2013, 04:52:45 AM »
Because we all wear our heels and loafers in bed....
The joy of simming.
What, you mean you don't?  ;D

Picture this... snow outside, wet boots. And afterwards you get the 'Soaked' just from getting into bed  ;D

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (56) Reading on the job
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2013, 04:55:47 AM »

Another free clinic... but a lot less interest from the community. Is it the weather or just too soon after the last one? I don't know, but I didn't get a single patient. I did manage to finish my current research book though.

I just maxed my medical career! Time to quit and leave the hospital in the capital hands of Mary Little, now that I've seen to it that she's received the proper training. Maybe the time has come to take up writing? Or Elixirs? Both are skills I still need before I can go home... and I am getting close to maxing out cooking and mixology by now.

Or maybe I should concentrate on really getting to know more of the Redemption Islanders now, so I can max out my Charisma first... Two new families will be moving in soon as well. With a bit of luck large ones, so we'll all have some more variety on Redemption, but any new inhabitant will be nice.

(Sure, Gabriel. You don't have enough skills started yet? I really think he loves learning something new. Now he wants to take up writing... while he's got a wish to max out cooking... and has started photography and martial arts. Fishing and Charisma are also over halfway by now, but his Charisma skill is hampered by the low amount of people on the island. He's been working on the other buildings on Angel Hill, which is why no new family has moved in after his guitar max yet.)

After saying goodbye to a nice, but rather rainy job, I started writing my very first fiction novel: The Black Menace. I got my writing level up to 2 before starting to get too bored... This may become a very tedious job indeed, but I have Mariska's vials of bliss to keep me going when I need to. For now, however, Writing isn't that important yet. I'm sure the library can wait for a little while.

(And there he goes again... dropping a wish to join Law Enforcement. And the max Mixology wish pops up. I think no Law Enforcement for you, Gabriel... you still need to max several skills.)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2013, 06:28:19 AM »
Wish me luck... trying to install the superpatch. I still have the screenshots/story for some chapters, so I should get everything working again before I get to this point).

Though... it looks like I'll have to do a part reinstall. Installed Pets/Supernatural/Fast Lane to my C-drive by accident (didn't change the install-folder in the origin on time... and those were the first I bought 'download')... and now my C has too little space for the patch. Exactly the reason I don't want things to install in there... *grunts at brother for going for fast, but way too small main drives in our newest config*.

Those little drives have been a pain since day one. Fast, sure, but what's the use if it only holds windows?

*mutters darkly about patches* First LOTRO down for about a week, now this 'invalid file' thing in Sims. With my luck, I think I'll forgo opening WoW for a while. Probably needs a patch by now too.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2013, 06:40:09 AM »
I wish you luck and no Error 12's.  Patches should be allowed to corrupt games so much!  :'(

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake