Author Topic: The Long Way Home. Complete.  (Read 69102 times)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (49) Citrus brings home a 'friend'
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2013, 06:24:41 AM »
I'll post the next update when I get back from physiotherapy...

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (51) Quadruple birthday!
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »

And here we are again, all eight of us this time, fishing in the poring rain.

Well... most of us any way. Lemon and Mariska can't seem to stay concentrated today. I guess they're celebrating their eternally faithful reputation. The kids stay with me, even after the couple leaves for home... and possibly some more love making.

When the weather gets even worse, we follow them home. I don't like fishing in the rain... and Arthur and Ben are scared of the thunder. Citrus keeps trying to tell them it's the lightning that's dangerous, but they flinch with every thunder-strike.

We walked in on this...

Once they both cooled down a bit, it was time to start the party. It was going to be just the family this time... and Mary, of course. We couldn't leave her out of it, because Citrus was one of the guests of honour this time. His was actually the first birthday we celebrated.

Very bright choices, again, tempered with Mariska's idea of addding white. Of course, she hasn't done the same herself and is still wearing mostly black.

Next up... is Mary Little, Citrus' lady friend, because... we can hardly keep those two separated by age, can we? Mariska eagerly presents her with a chance to dress the way she really wants...

Third up... Arthur. I can't believe Mariska's oldest son will be a teenager already... This must be doubly hard on her and Lemon.

And now... for the most horrid event of the day...

That... really hurt! And what's up with that look? I don't do gray. Time to change. Tomorrow Mariska will have to start on my painting and sculpture... so I can get out of this sack of bones already! The result after my own make-over:

Way to go, Citrus! Right after my cake, the boy took Mary into the kitchen, asked her to stay over... and then... he proposed. Both have been waiting for this day ever since that very first prom of his, so it wasn't much of a surprise when she instantly accepted.

I think... we're going to have ourselves another party tomorrow, but of a different kind! Of course, I took the liberty to give the newly engaged couple their very own double bedroom, though I suspect they'll be moving out soon... I'm sure going to miss the little twerp around. Even though he's booby trapped the entire house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2013, 01:43:21 PM »
What's not to like about fishing in the rain?  Happy birthday one and all!  And Gabe, you look alright for a bag of bones.  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Crystal

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2013, 04:27:26 PM »
I wonder why most men seem to age up to elder with Leighton Sekemoto's hair.  As if that happens IRL!  :o

Nice update yruvian.  I'm enjoying your story. 

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
They're trying to look cool, and on the edge :P
Gabriel! What happened to your long hair! But you don't look good in grey, I agree.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2013, 07:36:27 AM »
I wonder why most men seem to age up to elder with Leighton Sekemoto's hair.  As if that happens IRL!  :o

Nice update yruvian.  I'm enjoying your story. 
Thank you :). And that hair really did come as a surprise <.<.

They're trying to look cool, and on the edge :P
Gabriel! What happened to your long hair! But you don't look good in grey, I agree.
Well... he looked on edge all right... Don't ask what edge though ;).

I don't think I have long hair for elders. This one at least looked a bit more elegant. But he won't be an elder for long... I usually don't even let my favourites reach elder stage (probably the reason I don't own a lot of CC for that stage either. Usually elders are just on the way to Grim with me, so they often only live for two days... Not in this game though: all sliders are on the default for 'long'.)

What's not to like about fishing in the rain?  Happy birthday one and all!  And Gabe, you look alright for a bag of bones.  ;)
The rain? But it was the cold that drove them back home. Seasons has a few nice parts, but I'm getting more bothered by the weather than by paparazzi lately. They're either too hot or too cold and often soaked on top of it. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference whether they're wearing outdoor cloths either. I also really don't care for dormant plants <.<. Of course, Gabriel needs winter to come. Christmas you know...

He's also quite grateful about your compliment... though he still wants to be young again soon ;).

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (52) Mariska's Demise
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2013, 07:44:08 AM »
Even though Mary had accepted Citrus' offer to stay the night, she left at 4 A.M. I guess she wants to tell her family what happened. After all, it wouldn't do to have the family of the bride in the dark of their engagement, right? I'm a bit... upset that Citrus hasn't even talked to the girl's father before asking her for her hand, but i guess the boy just wasn't thinking beyond the fire of the moment.

During the party, the dishwasher has broken down again, so, true to her word, Mariska starts repairing it while I respond to an emergency call from the hospital.

"Gabriel. Mariska's been electrocuted!" Raph whispers, right when I'm talking to a patient. "Grim's on the way to the manor right now!"

"Are you al-right, doctor Shepherd?" little Tom Little asks, grabbing my hand in his. I guess the shock must have drained my face of all colour. "I..." I manage to stammer.

A soft wind ruffles my hair. "Everything is going to be fine, Gabriel. Mariska's time hasn't come yet." Mother's soft voice tries to reassure me. I keep going at work, my stomach in a knot, worried about what awaits me back home.

My cell phone rings right after Tom leaves. It's... Mariska! She's alive! "Gabriel, I just want to let you know... I don't mind your friendship with the Reaper any more." "What do you mean, Mariska? What happened? What did Grim do?" "Remember me telling you it's dangerous to repair electronic things in a puddle? Well... I got electrocuted today... but your friend let me go! He did make me a ghost first though. I think it amuses him to do that. But... I can't say I'm upset by that. I think we really should invite him to any future parties!"

*smiles* Thank you, Grim. Even though Citrus could easily take over my painting and, with some practice, the sculpture, but... I really want Mariska to stay with us for some time still.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »
Oh I'm so glad Grim let Mariska live!  Does she have the unlucky trait?
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »
Oh I'm so glad Grim let Mariska live!  Does she have the unlucky trait?
Yes, she does :). It's the reason I let her take over repairing dishwashers actually. I was rather worried Gabriel would die of electrocution when the dishwasher went down that first time. It took me a while to remember Mariska's Unlucky trait, but now I'm really glad she has that one. She actually managed to die three times in a row this time, so Grim was rather busy ;).

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2013, 11:14:59 AM »
Oh wow, you know how to worry a person! I saw the title and flipped out. So glad she's Unlucky!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2013, 12:00:54 PM »
Oh wow, you know how to worry a person! I saw the title and flipped out. So glad she's Unlucky!
<.< >.> That was totally unintentional... but not really.  :P

Though I'm really happy Mariska will be around a bit longer. Still, she needs to die for Gabriel to be able to finish his task... (Well, one of the family needs to die anyway. Mariska's just the oldest one.)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »
YAY! Good for bad luck!I was so scared when I saw the title.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Crystal

« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »
I wish my bad luck had such happy results.  ::)  Glad to see Mariska still around to keep Gabe grounded.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2013, 04:06:43 AM »
I wish my bad luck had such happy results.  ::)  Glad to see Mariska still around to keep Gabe grounded.
Lol. Yes, Gabriel definitely needs her for that.

YAY! Good for bad luck!I was so scared when I saw the title.
I guess you can imagine how I felt when the screen panned to her... before I remembered why I put her to repairing. Deaths always come as a shock to me, even when they're not lethal <.<.

Will post an update as soon as I get back from the apothecary.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (53) Young again!
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2013, 04:58:07 AM »
Look at this... my very own little gallery.

Young adult, sculpture and painting...

Adult, sculpture and painting... twice, because Mariska thought it would be best to repeat the process after my haircut, though... she went a bit haywire on the portrait there.

And Elder, sculpture and painting!

"Yes, Gabriel, you have succeeded in the ageing goal of your mission," Mother's soft voice whispers in my ear. "As a reward for this rather large and undoubtedly painful achievement, I grant you eternal youth again. It will be nice to see you back the way you're supposed to look."

A soft sigh later, I'm back to my old self... except for the wings, but then, I didn't really expect those back. Just being able to move again without every part of my body screaming out is a relief... I wonder how Sims can stand it.

"They were made to go through old age, Gabriel mine. You've done quite well so far, but you still have a long way to go. Good luck. And do get rid of those cloths!"

*smiles* Of course I do what I'm told... After all, it's not like I'm a fan of camo myself. For the moment, I stick with short hair... but I doubt that will be forever.

anything