Author Topic: The Long Way Home. Complete.  (Read 69085 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Long Way Home. Chapter 23: Gabriel feels abandoned...
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 06:44:47 AM »
Ooh... I wonder if we will see redboos in our future.  ;)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2013, 03:32:36 PM »
Ooh... I wonder if we will see redboos in our future.  ;)
I can reveal one thing... there definitely won't be children of another slider. Everyone living on the lot at this time in the story shares the same colour slider (Gabriel, Mariska and the Peels)...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »
Hmm, the mystery of the three Peels. Poor abandoned Gabriel!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2013, 04:56:57 AM »
Hmm, the mystery of the three Peels. Poor abandoned Gabriel!
The mystery will stay a mystery for a few more chapters  :P

lol. I'm sure Gabriel wouldn't have minded some 'alone' time at the start of the story... but he's gotten quite attached to the 'companion' the Fates have send him. Citrus actually gets more wishes to interact with him than Mariska does. It's really as if she's forgotten he exists. New love, I guess?

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. Chapter 24.
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2013, 04:59:27 AM »

I'm... just going to let this picture speak for itself. According to Mariska, this is what happens after the music I heard the other day. I can honestly say I'm not impressed.

Little Citrus has decided what he wants to do with his life! He wants to become a magician! Which, I must say, is rather surprising. I wonder what made him come up with that. he was just working on his own logic skill. Maybe he thinks potions are a thing of magic, even though he has been concocting quite a few?

Lemon's more stunned than I am really. He doesn't consider the performing arts to be real 'jobs', so he's trying to convince his younger brother to find something else to aspire to. *shrugs* If the boy wants to become a magician, who are we to tell him he cannot? Sure, Lemon is his guardian and elder brother, but you can't interfere with dreams.

So... I intend to help Citrus reach his goal, regardless of Mr. Peel's feelings in the matter. This is the boy's life. As a fairy, he's probably more into magic than most other sims anyway. I doubt he'll be very interested in one of the more down-to-earth careers.

Citrus also seems to prefer sleeping outside, in the little fairy house in the playground, even though he never wakes up when his little brother screams everyone else awake. I really would love to find out how he manages to sleep through all of that racket... and can't really blame him for choosing the silence of the front yard to the house.

As for other news, Mariska redid my hair... because she thought I could do with looking a little less female. I didn't allow her to cut any of it of. You have to admit I look positively macho this way. (lol.)

I've build the science building as well... as well as a home for our lone scientist, Miss Bolt. She wrote in her application letter that she prefers modern, so... I did my best to accommodate her. There's a garden for her own vegetables, a science lab... and a chessboard, as to her specifications. I guess the higher ranking citizens will have their own set of requirements.

The Littles, Parsons, Songs and our very own Peels just wanted a house to call their own... but then, they were all going to live in either the poor or the center district. Miss Bolt is the first inhabitant in the science/military district.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. Chapter 25: Mariska's pain...
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2013, 03:36:45 AM »

Something has happened to Mariska. One moment, she was sleeping... the next... the entire house could hear her scream in sudden pain. Well... actually, just me, Orange and the maid, because Citrus and Lemon were both at school.

I... stayed out of her way, as I knew she would only accuse me for not taking care of a hospital yet. I guess she would be right too. With both my logic and gardening completed, I should have build one by now. It just hadn't occurred to me... I'm doing the best I can here, but... living with these sims tends to throw more curve balls than I'm used to.

But I have an excuse for leaving her to suffer on her own: little Orange really needed food at the time and it was obvious his crying was getting on Mariska's nerves even more. Our maid actually kept shouting at me to get the toddler out of the room. So, I did what any smart man would do, I think, I fed the toddler and made myself scarce.

I also figured this may be the perfect time for me to go back to the consignment building and sell our latest paintings and sculptures. That would surely give Mariska some time alone with her newborn son... and hopefully get her over the anxiety and stress that giving birth obviously caused her. Why on all days did she have to deliver on the one day that Lemon needs to work late?

In any case... meet little Arthur Lightheart, the newest member of our household. Time to buy another crib, I suppose...
(A little bit lighter than mom, but not that much.)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Long Way Home. (25): Mariska's pain...
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2013, 06:08:02 AM »
Awww he's cute! I was worried when I saw 'Mariska's pain' but then I figured out why! Congratulations.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2013, 07:09:36 AM »
Awww he's cute! I was worried when I saw 'Mariska's pain' but then I figured out why! Congratulations.
Hehe. I couldn't just put 'Meet Arthur Lightheart' in the title, now could I? That would have been too much info ;).

And thank you. He really is adorable, isn't he? Of course, Gabriel tries to stay away from the smelly little bundle of joy.

*pokes Sims 3* Give me back my Spa, you!

Sigh. I guess that means back to the drawing board. Sims crashed on me after switching from Edit Town to the family... and I forgot to 'share' the Spa. At least I've got the other new building in my exports. But I really liked that Spa... At least I still have the pictures I took of it, so it shouldn't be that hard to rebuild.

I'm going to try and start a thread in the 'building and construction' part of the forum for the island and the different buildings though, because it's often hard to put them in the story. Especially with all the parks and some lots that are there for looks only. There's also so many I still need to build that I don't want to overload this thread with pictures of buildings  ::).

At the moment, I'm trying to find the best way of ordering it. I would really like to keep parts of a district more or less together...

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2013, 07:17:16 AM »
That all sounds brilliant, I love that this is an exercise in city planning as well. I hope you do upload your stuff, it's really nice.

By samoht04

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (26): The mellowing of Gabriel
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2013, 08:02:05 AM »

Have I told you yet that I really don't like crying? There is only so much I can do to stay away from baby Arthur. I can say one thing for sure though: the boy has quite a voice to him!

Mariska has been working non-stop to get paintings and ice sculptures of the Peel family in our collection, so... I thought it would be nice to add her too. For now, it will only be a painting though. I still haven't managed to get non-melting ice sculptures, with all the other skills I need to max out. She just laughed at me when I apologized for that. It seems she'd much rather I concentrate on getting more buildings unlocked and build than make her a statue.

She even confessed that she had actually half expected me to go out and sell the sculptures and paintings she has managed to make of her in-laws. I am utterly baffled by this. How could she ever believe I would do a thing like that? Simoleons may be scarce, but it's not like we don't have anything we really need... and if we had a real shortage, I'm sure there'd be a better way to get more money.

She's come to a point in her life when each building that's missing seems like a personal slight to her. I know I'd better get a hospital build before she needs to give birth again... but I'm hoping to build the police station at the same time. I'm sure it will ease her mind a lot once her husband can change his teaching career for the one of his dreams.

(I really have to work to keep him away from Arthur when one of the others is in the room <.<. No wishes for any interactions with the baby, but he keeps drifting to the crib.)

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2013, 08:21:52 AM »
That all sounds brilliant, I love that this is an exercise in city planning as well. I hope you do upload your stuff, it's really nice.
I'll definitely try to.

Thankfully I haven't used a lot of CC in building so far. Usually, most of my CC goes into build items and CAS, because... I've found Buy items often mess up my game (though I have a few sets I keep using until EA makes a pack with garden-shed and laundry room furniture/decorations). So... I'm sticking with the Angel fountain and the roof wherever they fit, but aside from those, I'm trying hard not to add anything else. The mansion does have more CC than that, but I'm keeping up a running list of items (and their location) which will need to be replaced before uploading.

The city planning part is actually a bit of a pain sometimes. But I love to build and I thought I'd give community buildings a shot. I've added all the lots for the most recent world, but... CAW doesn't seem to keep certain community types (for rabbit holes, mainly), so I'm not always really sure where I was planning on adding a certain building. I've had to reopen CAW a few times, just to check which No Visitors lot was meant for which rabbit hole. If I ever try something like this again, I think I'll draw a map on paper or something.

If I ever do something like this again, I'm also going for flat lots. I thought building at least some of the rabbit holes on hills would be a nice extra difficulty. And it is. Gabriel's had a lot of fun with the Military Base <.<.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (27): A shock for Gabriel
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2013, 03:23:25 AM »
An extremely short chapter... because I really want to keep everything that happens in a single Sim day together, and that was a bit of an issue with what happened after this...

What? Again? Mariska and Lemon are going faster than I had believed possible. Because of all the nightly howling, I've decided to move both cribs to the very end of the mansion. With some luck, our love couple will finally be able to get some sleep in. After all, with a house like this, it really doesn't do to have people sleeping in sleeping bags because there's too much noise near their bed.

Of course, they should have told me about this issue earlier on. I just noticed because Lemon was walking around with one of our original sleeping bags in the middle of the night.

Buuuut.... we'll be having a few more birthdays before Mariska gives birth I think. Both Orange and Arthur are going to grow into their next life state on the very same day. It will be quite a relief to see Orange off to school. I wonder whether he'll do as well as his older brother, who has been on the honour roll for some time now.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2013, 06:35:51 AM »
Poor Gabriel.  He sure has a lot on his plate - but he must enjoy being an honourary 'uncle' otherwise he could just skill up and leave Mariska to cope with her own nooboos.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »
Poor Gabriel.  He sure has a lot on his plate - but he must enjoy being an honourary 'uncle' otherwise he could just skill up and leave Mariska to cope with her own nooboos.
I think he sometimes gets so sick of skilling up, he's glad of any excuse to do something else once in a while.

The really odd part? I've noticed he's always the one carrying one of the babies/toddlers on the Main Menu... even though he's the only one in the house without any kind of family connection to any of them. Maybe it's his Good trait, I don't know. He's not Family Oriented, Nurturing or anything.

It's actually the first day he isn't carrying anyone any more on my main menu... and that's because little Ben just grew up to child there. Yes, I'm a bit ahead again. Hardly surprising, since I spend most of my days with these guys. And juggling eight of these without difficulties has made me realize I want to try an immortal dynasty after this :).

Offline yruvian

• Occult
Re: The Long Way Home. (28): A busy day for the family
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2013, 11:42:31 AM »

While I was out fishing, Mariska decided to give Arthur a head start on his uncle. I'm starting to believe she really doesn't like parties that much. Arthur grew into a little male version of his mom... but without the witch powers. Nope, our little Art is just a regular Sim... and I'm rather glad about that. I'd rather not have a child with the destructive powers of a witch around, thank you very much. Can you imagine a rebellious teen throwing love charms all over the place? I think I'll pass... Lovesick Mariska was more than enough.

Aside from the two birthdays, Citrus is having a recital at the school today... and I intend to make it there on time. Both Mariska and I were there to see his victory. Lemon was still working at the time, though. I suppose this means little Citrus will soon become a teenager... I guess I'm starting to understand what they mean whenever they say sims grow up so fast.

Lemon's inability to attend the recital comes with a price tag though: he has reached the next level in his teaching career. I suppose if he keeps this up, he'll be following Citrus to the next part of the youngster's schooling. I can't imagine what it's like, having your older brother teach your class. Because Lemon is utterly exhausted after his day at work... and Mariska has been silly enough to eat one of her poisoned apples again, we opt for a private birthday for little Orange as well. He's still a bit small to have a real party anyway (at least... according to Mariska and Lemon, he is).

I do feel a bit... miffed... by all of this though. I was actually looking forward to giving the boys a party. It's been a while since our last one. Maybe I'll just go and celebrate my maxing of Athletics. That shouldn't be much longer... and it's as good a reason as any, right?

Mariska! Do you really have to do that now? We're getting ready to bring in Orange's cake! She just gives me a dirty look. I remember suddenly... the hospital is still just an item on my to-do list... and so I slink away in silence, occupying myself elsewhere... I guess taking the stinky part of Arthur's education may make my witch friend forgive me for my oversight...

And into the world of Redemption, little Benjamin Lightheart is born. Another near copy of his mother, in a male human package. Again, no witch powers transferred, so we'll be safe throughout the next generation. Unless Mariska and Lemon manage to make both of their wishes come true... and have a third one.

Of course, before anyone can go to bed, little Orange needs to grow up as well. He makes quite a handsome little lad. Now he'll have to start school as well. At least Citrus can show him the way around before he grows into a teen.

Don't go towards the light, Lemon! As if the day wasn't full enough yet, our alien neighbours have come back to abduct Lemon. The poor guy was already dead on his feet, with everything that had happened up until that moment! I surely hope he won't fall asleep at work tomorrow. Though that would likely be funny to his pupils, I'm sure he won't want to live through that kind of embarrassment.

(yes, all of this actually did happen in a single Sim day. Needless to say, it was quite hectic.)