Author Topic: The Soup Dynasty  (Read 16010 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Soup Dynasty
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 02:24:25 AM »
I kind of want him to get the Brave trait too. I mean, his name's Chicken and his favorite colour is pink (a perfectly fine and masculine colour, in my opinion). And if you get a burglar or the house catches fire again, you're all set!

Hear, hear. Pink used to be the boy colour. And Brave is more useful.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2013, 02:52:53 AM »
Hear, hear. Pink used to be the boy colour.
Yeah, it annoys me to no end how things that started out being boyish or gender neutral went full blown girly as soon as the womenfolk touched it, because if girls like it, it MUST instantly be unsuitable for boys, of course. >:P

But seriously, bring on brave Chicken!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »
As the saying goes, real mean wear pink.

But really loving the story so far. New house is awesome. I like the color palette and the kitchen gorgeous. Sweatpea's eyes are sooo pretty! Thea is cute too, but Sweatpea is the looker between the two. And Chicken (love. that. name.) is adorable!

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »
You should be happy the glowbug didn't make your bedroom fit for a girl! The twins are beautiful! How sad he didn't have the coward trait during the fire, it would have been so funny!

Offline Oathbear

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2013, 06:22:56 AM »
All this talk about brave Chicken made me interested. Will it be coward chicken or brave chicken? *searches for a coin to flip*
And yes, of course Chicken looks manly in pink.
I'm not so much into high museum score, but if I can get a Masterpiece, why not? But after one masterpiece I usually don't bother to try again (sculptures). For paintings, I make six batch of portraits and pick the best masterpiece.

Soup's Costume Partay

We'll start the update with yet another birthday.

Glowbug : Congratulations for the midlife crisis.
Finn : What? I'm an adult now? *throws a tantrum*

Meanwhile, nothing special (yes, birthday aren't that special here, at least non-immortal's) happened. Both Doris and Wayne are enjoying their elder days, playing pools.

Wayne, if you really wanted to live long, then wait until Potato eats her Ambrosia, okay? *hinthint*

Potato herself spends another day at the library, recipe books and a multi tab in hand, hoping to learn how to make new soups. We need more bowl-based foods. Even though she has preferences for soups, she's also a cook at heart. When she got home, she can't wait to try some new recipes. (read : I wish there's more recipes.)

Glowbug : Surprise. You're not cooking soups these days.
Potato : *has no words*

The kids are usually at the art studio. After supermaxing painting, Chicken quickly moves to sculpting. Thea's either painting or exercising, while Sweetpea practices her photography (maxed thanks to the multitab) occasionally.

Theresa took a new job (okay, the glowbug made her do that) in the Science Facility. She's now a Test Subject. That is her career outfit. Okay...

The twins has been inseparable. They do their homework together.

And after all that stress, they played a round of horseshoes.

And then Potato decides that its getting boring around here.

Potato : Gardening, cooking, gardening... bleh. I'm bored.
Glowbug : Sure does.
Potato : Any suggestions?
Glowbug : Well, why not another party? Its the Spooky Day.
Potato : ...great. Costume party, it is. *runs off to the kitchen, surprisingly, she remembers to change her clothing back to everyday*

She quickly cooks a bowl of real soup.

An hour later, the party guests arrived. The household members changed to their costume, I wish I could pick them. Ooh, check it out, its a hot potato dog.

Guess who.

Glowbug : That... would've been intimidating, if you weren't wearing that slippers.

Sweetpea didn't join the costume parade for some reason. She's chatting with grandpa Wayne.

... I have no words for this. Way to go, Cheyenne.

*camera snaps outside*

*sees 'Mourn' in the queue* Oh no.

*grumbles* Do you visit my house just to die? There goes the epic party.

Glowbug : Hello there boneyman. Can't you just, I don't know, try not to visit this house during a party?

Well, maybe first time in this dynasty, but happened several times in my other games. I guess I'll be watching any strays that visits my house.

They're all tired after the party. A rare moment when they're all sleeping, thanks to Moodlet Manager abuse. Just to give you a shot of the whole house.

But nooo, literally three sim minutes after, Doris woke up and ruined it.

And I end this update with Potato blowing llamas.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2013, 07:56:49 AM »
Bad Doris! Ruining it all by waking up :P Potato blowing llamas is so funny!

Offline Oathbear

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »
I don't know how someone can blow a llama shaped balloon from their mouth. ;D

Triple Birthday Party is Soup Birthday Party

I was calling people over for Potato's BFF requirements, but look what happened.

Wayne autonomously hits on Lily January, Theresa's boss. Potato is not pleased.

Glowbug : Oh my. Your wife is still young (for now), and then I see you flirting with a hag.

Apparently he didn't notice that Potato was there, and he quickly begs for forgiveness.

Wayne : I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me...
Glowbug : Its the crazy attraction system -- don't you dare blaming that on me.

All is forgiven, since the next day is a happy day! Not. Well, we have another partay. And as usual, Potato takes over the cooking. PS : The attraction system is crazy. At the moment, Wayne is attracted to Theresa. And some elder lady also took interest in Finn.

Potato : A bowl of delicious soup for the guest!
Glowbug : Fruit parfait.
Potato : Its in a bowl.
Glowbug : *exasperated sigh*

The party starts with good ol' dancing.

At least until the glowbug swipes away the pool table for the birthday cakes, plural. Wait, who's that girl laughing at Potato?

Make your wish...

Potato : I wish I can drink the Young Again potion...

Well, tough luck. The glowbug won't allow you for at least another six generations.

Ready for the haghood?

Potato : My back! My clothes!
Glowbug : How un-potato like.
Potato : Yeah, I can't garden looking like this.
Glowbug : Wait until the candle blowing is over.

Its little Thea's turn!

Ready now...

Yeah, she is Theo's namesake alright. Same chubbiness.

Now for Sweetpea's turn... Yeah, stop laughing Theresa. I know Potato looks funny.

Last shot as a kid...

Yeah! Happy birthday, both Thea and Sweetpea. Oh yeah, happy elder day, Potato. Go change and get ready for your museum pieces.

Now the dancing really starts! Yes, that elder in purple is the same one with the mermaid outfit.

But one rude guest leaves the party sooner, with a cake in hand. At least eat that first before leaving, mooch.

The twins talked about their birthday before heading over to their room for a makeover.

I forgot to take the clothes again, but here's a close up.

Aand... Now I prefer Thea. Sure, her cheek is chubby. So is her tummy, but that can be fixed. The sweet Sweetpea inherited Theo's godawful mouth... and that eye shape is just, noo...

Well, I'll end this update with a question.

In case you don't know (not that I tell people), I haven't got Supernatural. Is it good? The reason I didn't buy it is because I'm not a fan of occult (especially zombies). But there's so much good stuff in there (Alchemy skill, anyone?) I also missed, so I'm thinking of getting it now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2013, 09:02:45 AM »
I really am fond of Supernatural. I don't like zombies either but I have got to the point where I just ignore them. I do like the new life states though, so I am not on your level there. Fairies are just brilliant for gardening, witches have spells that make everything easier, and werewolves can gather so many things by hunting. Alchemy is just really wonderful too. And rocking chairs are the best. Basically, I love everything about Supernatural but if you play it in its fullness it can seem like a different game. You can always turn off any occults you don't like and ignore that part of it.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2013, 09:53:15 AM »
You can turn off zombies by setting the moon to a constant phase other than full - but really, if you put a fence around your garden, they're not much more than a nuisance - you'll occasionally get a groaning sound effect, or possibly a floor show if you accumulate a bunch of zombies and put a stereo outside. Alchemy is almost abusive for Dynasty requirements - Potent Cures in case the otherwise-ideal spouse is an unavailable life state, Potent Friendship will let you make those best friends in an instant, Wish Enhancement to get double points for your LTW... even the basic Invigorating Elixir is better for staying awake than coffee.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »
I've never been much of one for the occult either, but I love Supernatural now that I have it.  I had just skipped over it thinking that I'd never use it, but now that it's installed, I'm planning a Life States Dynasty as soon as I finish my ID.  I think you'll be pleased.  Plus, rocking chairs!  Magic mirrors!  Train sets!

I still think both girls are good options for spouses, though I do see what you're saying about Sweetpea.  Suppose Chicken will have to figure it out on his own ;)

Anna33

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »
I really like Sweet peas eye color, but Thea is the prettiest out of the two without doubt.
Oh, and happy Elder birthday to potato. :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2013, 11:24:35 AM »
Thea's red hair makes her a winner in my book.

As for Supernatural, it's my favorite EP. And alchemy is an amazingly fun supermax.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2013, 06:44:26 PM »
I like Thea better then sweetpea. I LOVE supernatural! I'm not a fan of occult either, but it has tons of other things that are fun and you get used to occult people after awhile.  ;)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »
Aw, Thea's cute! That red hair is stunning, too.

I agree about Supernatural. I love fairies and don't mind the witches, but I'm iffy about werewolves and extremely grossed out by zombies. Even still, it is very tempting for just the fairies and the alchemy. :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2013, 01:08:07 AM »

Wow, Sweatpea aged up with some rather . . . unfortunate genes. It's hard to predict how a sim will look at the child stage, but I certainly didn't see that coming! She looks very severe and angry with that mouth. Well, at least Thea has that awesome red hair! And the girl with the candy/lollipop shirt is just bizarre! I really don't get the Katy Perry pack stuff.

anything