Author Topic: Omni plant seeds  (Read 7287 times)

Offline sbarnes29

• Nooboo
Omni plant seeds
« on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »
Ok, i have read that some people get omni seeds as gifts... hasn't happened to me yet... problem is, my sim is not able to order them either & the frost killed by last ones i planted as i planted them too early in the spring.... the option to order is there, but nothing happens... lost 2 money trees that way too & now i have no seeds for them either so need to go hunting again....

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Omni plant seeds
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum sbarnes!

Please take a moment to review the two top links in my signature regarding the forum rules as well as the thread on capitalization & punctuation on the forum.  You can modify your post by hitting the modify button and correcting it yourself.

Now to your question.   Omni plants that people get in the mail is actually a broken glitch in the game and you can't actually do anything with them.  The only way to get Omni seeds is to order them through the mailbox after you have completed the chain of opportunities.  However, the omni seed ordering has been glitched in the past.  The way to get it done is to queue it up for your sim then before they reach the mailbox, cancel the action.    When you cancel the action, your sim will make moves as if they were actually using the mailbox.   The next day the seeds should arrive.

As to the statement that you lost two money trees, how did you lose the money trees?   Money trees go dormant in the fall/winter/spring if they are outside but I have never had one die.   The frost doesn't kill the plants - it just puts them in a dormant state and as long as you are planting outside, your garden will not be harvestable.  A workaround for this is to build a greenhouse structure which in Sims means a room with windows, a roof and no floor.   Your Sim will get the unfinished moodlet while in there but your plants will be protected from the elements and will no longer be dormant.     

The only way to plant in a greenhouse is to use the moveObjects on cheat or to knock out a wall and plant and then put the wall back up before the rain/snow/hail can get in. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sbarnes29

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:50:16 PM »
i had planted a few plants early spring. they went dormant & then when summer came they were all dead & the money tree seedlings were just gone. have no idea what happened to them.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 07:42:37 PM »
Even in their dormant state, plants have to be watered or they'll die from lack of care. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sbarnes29

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »
I tried but wouldn't give me the option to do anything. I just don't know what happened. lol

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 05:06:35 PM »
I also had some money trees disappear in one of my files. I had actually attributed it to the swiftgro gardening station and the identify seeds problem I've been having.

My trees were harvested twice, then disappeared entirely like they had never been planted.

Offline NynnZ

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 05:13:36 PM »
I am having the glitch problem and getting Way to many omni plants in mail and in my inventory that I can not do anything with. Do you know how to get them out of my inventory? I have had to stop getting my mail because of this problem, because I have an over abundance of omni plants in my inventory. So not happy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 08:18:56 PM »
I am having the glitch problem and getting Way to many omni plants in mail and in my inventory that I can not do anything with. Do you know how to get them out of my inventory? I have had to stop getting my mail because of this problem, because I have an over abundance of omni plants in my inventory. So not happy.

Welcome to our Forum.

This glitch is annoying, but it's not a game breaker.  There's no way known to get them out of your inventory.  They just have to sit there.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sbarnes29

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 09:52:58 AM »
Omni plant seeds in your inventory? I have mine stored in my attic or i sell them.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 09:55:35 AM »
Omni plant seeds in your inventory? I have mine stored in my attic or i sell them.

There was a bug that should be fixed with the new patch where people were receiving immovable boxes called "Omni plant" when checking the mail. It has been handled with the new patch.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sbarnes29

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »
Ah ok. Thn I guss I am one of the lucky ones that hasn't had that problem cause I haven't seen any of those.

Offline NynnZ

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 01:09:14 AM »
Finally the problem has been fixed by the last updated by the Sims site. Yay! Thank You for a taking the time and answering my question.

anything