Author Topic: Space Rocks are good for???  (Read 12172 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Space Rocks are good for???
« on: June 29, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »
I have a ginormous collection of space rocks.  I thought my Sim would break them on the board breaker, but the only space rocks she can break are the ones that show up on the board.  Is this normal?  Does it improve to the point where I can break my own space rocks?  If I can't, what is the purpose of space rocks?  I tried transfiguring them and got a large space rock much lower in value than the ones I put on the display.  It was a different shape large rock, not the huge, lumpy one you find in the field, but it also could not be put on the board breaker.  Should I just sell off my collection?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
Re: Space Rocks are good for???
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
The only ones you can break are the ones that come on the board. The space rocks you find out and about can be appraised and sold or put somewhere on your lot for "decoration". Other than that, I've never heard of other types of space rocks, and I haven't tried transfiguration yet.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 02:18:58 PM »
You can not use the space rocks you find in the wild on the board breaker.  You can analyze the space rocks you have and then sell them off.  I usually keep one of each space rock until I meet the collecting challenges for them, then sell off the entire set once I have done that.  Can be quite an infusion of cash.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »
Thanks you guys!  They were starting to take over my lot so now I can clear the ground and get some much needed cash. 

When you mentioned a challenge for them, do you mean in that collectors challenge thing where you get rocks, minerals and buggy critters?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:50:11 PM »
When you mentioned a challenge for them, do you mean in that collectors challenge thing where you get rocks, minerals and buggy critters?

In your skills journal, there's a tab for collections.  On that tab will be various "challenges" to collect every kind of butterfly, every kind of space rock, etc.  That tab of the journal keeps track of all the collectibles:  metals, gems, space rocks, butterflies, beetles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 08:45:57 AM »
As a tip, if you have World Adventures, always keep a tiny space rock: it is required for entrance to Abu Simnel (sp?).