Author Topic: Question: Nectar Price Escalation  (Read 5104 times)

Offline rklesc

• Nooboo
Question: Nectar Price Escalation
« on: December 27, 2012, 11:42:12 PM »
As I just installed World Adventures a few days ago, I am curious about the escalating price of nectar. In a few of the messages that popped up while in France, I noticed it advises to store nectar "deep" underground for increased value in stored nectar.

The term "deep" caught my eye a couple of times and wondered if the value of nectar accelerates the deeper the basement. In other words, if the value increases at 10% per week of base price if stored in the first basement below ground, does the value increase at, say, 12% or 15% in second level basement, or 20% if in the third level basement.

Has anyone tested this? If so, is the increased value static at all levels, or accelerated the "deeper" you go?

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Question: Nectar Price Escalation
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 01:05:32 AM »
You need to store your nectar in a cellar for maximum increase in value.  It does not matter how deep the cellar is.  If you build your house on a foundation your first level down is a basement.  You will need to build another basement below this, a cellar.  If you build directly on the ground then you will build a cellar immediatly below your ground (USA first) floor.  You do not need to go any further down uless you want the extra storage space.

Incidently, buy the most expensive nectar rack, (the necteaux 1,200 simoleons).  It will make a significant difference.

The better the quality of the fruit used, the better the nectar.

Home made nectar improves significantly faster than purchased or "found" nectar.

The best nectar (I have found for value increase) uses 9 lifefruit and 1 pomegranate.  Others may know of a better recipe.

If you go on vacation, take your nectar with you, in it's rack, in your family inventory.  If you have a vacation home place it in the cellar when you arrive, othwise, it will still continue to age (though more slowly) in your inventory.  If you leave it at home, it will not age.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rklesc

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 02:01:14 AM »
Thank you, Wai, I was familiar with the basement and aging but had this lingering thought about the term "deep" in the messages I read while on my journey to France.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 05:14:21 AM »
You need to store your nectar in a cellar for maximum increase in value.  It does not matter how deep the cellar is.  If you build your house on a foundation your first level down is a basement.  You will need to build another basement below this, a cellar.  If you build directly on the ground then you will build a cellar immediatly below your ground (USA first) floor.  You do not need to go any further down uless you want the extra storage space.

No, I don't think you have this quite right.  It doesn't matter if your house is on a foundation or not, the basement will be in the same place.  There's really no difference between a basement and a cellar.  If you make a basement and put nectar racks in it, that will be the best way to age the nectar. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
Pam, you have more knowledge of Sims 3 than I so, I am sure you are right about the basement/foundation situation.  My own test showed a difference, but, possibly it was error on my part.  Or, more likely, I always place at least one window (like you see in basements of old Georgian houses) so maybe the program sees my basement as the ground floor even though it is below the foundation.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »
I believe that you actually have to use the basement tool though. If you hollow out a "basement" using the foundation tool and landscaping, it won't work.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »
Pam, I am sure you are right and I made a mistake in my tests.  Or, could it be that I always have at least one window in my basement.  (Like you see in old Georgian houses.)  Although the window is below the foundation could this make the Sims 3 see my basement as the ground floor?
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rklesc

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »
I just answered my own question with a simple test. I constructed three levels of basements and installed a high level nectar rack in each. I then made three different batches of nectar and placed one bottle in each rack. The nectar escalated in price at the same rate in all three levels of basements. So it does not seem to matter if you build one layer of basement or go deeper with multiple levels... the escalation is the same.

SimBlip

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »
I just answered my own question with a simple test. I constructed three levels of basements and installed a high level nectar rack in each. I then made three different batches of nectar and placed one bottle in each rack. The nectar escalated in price at the same rate in all three levels of basements. So it does not seem to matter if you build one layer of basement or go deeper with multiple levels... the escalation is the same.

Thank you for that, rklesc.  :)
I always wondered whether deeper levels would make a difference, but never made the time to test it.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 06:22:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure that one of our members already did that. From memory it was Twinmum. There is another thread somewhere on here if mods want to merge it. Not on my pc right now so linking is too hard.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 06:45:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure that one of our members already did that. From memory it was Twinmum. There is another thread somewhere on here if mods want to merge it. Not on my pc right now so linking is too hard.

lol, I was thinking that I had tested this and you just confirmed it. I can't for the life of me find the thread yjough. It's late now, I'll have another look in the morning.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Chuckles_82

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 05:08:54 AM »
Found it - it's in the actual recipes thread here (just got home from holidays so now able to look for it)

anything