Author Topic: The Drome - Old European Style Decadent Cottage  (Read 6019 times)

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
The Drome - Old European Style Decadent Cottage
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:33:08 PM »
The Drome, named after pallyndrome :), is an old European style (with a bit of ancient greek thrown in) decadent cottage house. It will appear in the new world I am building inside the inner city along the riverfront, where it's elegance can be admired by all walking through the city terraces.

Because the stairs in the entrance lead to the second floor, I did a sort of weird floor plan for this house. The common areas like the living room, kitchen, dining room, etc are all on the second floor and the bedrooms are all below on the ground floor :) Extra care has been taken with all the furnishings, doing more than what I usually do so almost everything is fully furnished with normal and decor items.

There are also two tower rooms that I left empty so that you could enjoy furnishing them :D They are good for anything including an extra bedroom and bathroom (servants' quarters, you need servants right... can't expect you to cook your own dinner can they...)

Enjoy :)

Lot size - 25 by 25
Furnished - 275k
Unfurnished - 152k
Items - Base, LN, Ambitions, WA, Showtime, Generations, High-End Loft
Built on flat land

Images -

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The Drome - Old European Style Decadent Cottage
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 01:05:20 AM »
You named it after me? That's so sweet thank you! I'll download it right away :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 01:19:27 AM »
Wow, that is quite elaborate and beautiful. Opulent without being too over-the-top. This is quite lovely. :)

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 04:08:30 AM »
Thank you guys :) Good to know you like it :D Let me know how it works out ingame :)

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 07:03:34 AM »
Brilliant!

How did you delete the cupboard under the worktop, but keep the worktop? (In the kitchen). I've never seen that before!

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 12:30:29 PM »
Brilliant!

How did you delete the cupboard under the worktop, but keep the worktop? (In the kitchen). I've never seen that before!

Thank you :) It is actually a technique I learnt from this website, I forgot who initially wrote it, but all due credit to them haha. You make the counter like normal, best to set up the full arrangement as connecting counters after you do the technique tends to reset it. The place a dishwasher in the counters you would like to remove the drawers. Then turn on testingcheats and shift-click the dishwasher and click delete. This will delete the drawers but leave the counters. This is technically glitching the game by the way lol, but there are no weird effects. I know that it remains when you save and place the lot as well, it does not go away, so that is cool and you can move items underneath this area as well :) Cheers!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 03:01:11 PM »
Um, wow. This is gorgeous. I wish we could use others' work in Dynasties because I have one in mind that this would be perfect for!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
Um, wow. This is gorgeous. I wish we could use others' work in Dynasties because I have one in mind that this would be perfect for!

Cheers thank you :) I could uh, teach you how to make it haha, I guess I don't know if that would work for you lol.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
Is it complicated? I guess you could give me the designs or something.

By samoht04

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 05:04:45 PM »
Is it complicated? I guess you could give me the designs or something.

There are no real designs haha, I kind of just begin building and see where it goes. It is not too complicated, maybe the curving in the front might be but even that can be taught quite easily. Hm I am trying to think of what I could do for you. Could you maybe link me to the dynasty rules, I am unfamiliar with them so maybe I could see if there is a work around. I did just finish building a few more cottage like homes, but they are for the less wealthy and darker areas of my world haha, so they do not show the same level of decadence, but here is a quick example if something like this might interest you, either way I don't mind taking the time to figure something out :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »
You have 11 images in the first post. Please remove one.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 07:09:27 AM »
The rules can be found here. The rule is you have to do all the building yourself, but you know maybe I could download the house and study it and then design something similar.

By samoht04

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 07:14:59 AM »
The rules can be found here. The rule is you have to do all the building yourself, but you know maybe I could download the house and study it and then design something similar.

Certainly :) let me know if you have any questions.

anything