Author Topic: Furniture Won't Move  (Read 8590 times)

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
Furniture Won't Move
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »
My Sims have just had a baby, I went to the spare room to put all the furniture in the family storage box but when I just tried moving furniture, the furniture will only spin around not move elsewhere, has this happened to anyone else.  

bshag

Re: furniture won't move
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:03:31 PM »
Hi LaB, nope, never has happened yet.

I guessing you have already tried "moveObjects on."  Hope you don't have a "glitchy" lot.  If so you could just move the family into another house.  Sometimes, I have found, that there are just spots in the game that stupid glitches pop up and the only remedy is to move and bulldoze the lot.

I just recently had a car stuck on the street in front of the sims' house...it was their car.  Moveobjects on wasn't an option so I just quit the game.  When I restarted the game, the car was in one of their inventories, and I could delete it without a problem.  Have you tried just restarting the game?

Hopefully your problem will be resolved. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
I just went into buy, and things normally move but I had noticed that sims kept getting stuck on certain bits of land, some friend came over and he hit stuck and fell asleep there standing up.

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:08:54 PM »
I've been thinking, I got this house from the exchange, so that might have something to do with it. Just tried to get my sims older child (young adult) to get married, and everytime its processing my game crashes, i tried twice. I use a laptop which gets hot so I've turned it off to cool down.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 04:13:51 PM »
Unfortunately, I have read from some people about issues with laptops, not all have been bad ones, but it seems like some people cannot play on them with the installation of Ambitions especially.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Furniture Won't Move
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 10:33:44 PM »
The house being from the Exchange can definitely be part of the problem, maybe all of it.  They can be very glitchy.  Also, a couple of things to try:

When a Sim is stuck, try resetting him/her.  Open testingcheats window and type:  resetSim Firstname Lastname.  It's case sensitive, so be sure to type it exactly like I've shown.

Another thing with the furniture spinning instead of moving into family inventory, you might be trying to click and drag the furniture by holding down the left mouse button.  To move things to the family inventory, you click it once, put it where you want it to go, then click again to release it.  If you hold down the mouse button, the item will spin because you're rotating it instead of moving it.

I hope this helps!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."