Author Topic: Is a sim suppose to be able to use the spaceship like a car?  (Read 7549 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Is a sim suppose to be able to use the spaceship like a car?
« on: December 13, 2012, 04:45:32 AM »
Is a sim suppose to be able to use the spaceship like a car?

I purchased the alien spaceship for my sim to use in buydebug but I can't get him to use to go anywhere.
I've sold his car and made the ship his preferred vehicle but he still won't use it even if I click on the ship and select go to a lot, then select the lot he still refuses to use it.
He'll either get a cab or run down the street to the nearest llama station.
So is a sim suppose to be able to use it in place of a car?

For any that saw this post before some where else it's because I posted this earlier but notice it was in the wrong section so I deleted it and moved it here. I had it under Supernatural by mistake instead of Seasons. Sorry for the miss post.  :(
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
Re: Is a sim suppose to be able to use the spaceship like a car?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »
Yeah my sims all use them. The teens even take them to school instead of the bus. Try putting it in your sim's inventory instead of parked in a parking spot.  Maybe your sim will be more likely to use it that way.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »
Is it possible to get the space ship in game without using buydebug? 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »
Is it possible to get the space ship in game without using buydebug?

Yes, if you have an Alien move in with you, you should see a Spaceship in their inventory.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 05:03:03 PM »
Yeah my sims all use them. The teens even take them to school instead of the bus. Try putting it in your sim's inventory instead of parked in a parking spot.  Maybe your sim will be more likely to use it that way.

Ok, thanks for the reply.
I've tried having it in his inventory and he still won't use it. It might just be a bug with my game. I'll try starting a new game and see if that makes a difference.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 05:28:16 PM »
Ok, thanks for the reply.
I've tried having it in his inventory and he still won't use it. It might just be a bug with my game. I'll try starting a new game and see if that makes a difference.

You said you sold his car. Try buying back a regular car and see if he'll use that? If not then he's definitely glitched in some way. You could always try a Reset Sim and see if he'll use it after being reset.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »
Wow, I just notice something I thought I should warn buydebug users about. Don't leave buydebug on for very long or all the poorer sims around town that normally buy the Big Lemon ($12,000) suddenly start buying UFOs ($11,109) because they're cheaper.

I just wandered by the diner and saw a couple grey UFOs parked in the lot. lol I don't want the hole town having them. Just my own household. They're no fun if everybody has em. ;)
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »
You said you sold his car. Try buying back a regular car and see if he'll use that? If not then he's definitely glitched in some way. You could always try a Reset Sim and see if he'll use it after being reset.

He will use a car, motorcycle or broom with no problem. He just won't use the spaceship.
I did try starting a new game and the sims I had there used the spaceship, so I guess it's just a glitch with my current game.

Wow, I just notice something I thought I should warn buydebug users about. Don't leave buydebug on for very long or all the poorer sims around town that normally buy the Big Lemon ($12,000) suddenly start buying UFOs ($11,109) because they're cheaper.

I just wandered by the diner and saw a couple grey UFOs parked in the lot. lol I don't want the hole town having them. Just my own household. They're no fun if everybody has em. ;)

That explains why I've seen the ships around town. I have buydebug on a lot but hadn't put the two together. I'll have to remember to turn buydebug back off when I'm done.

Offline smaurine82

• Townie
    • Jensen Legacy
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »

First, I want to say that I didn't even know Sims could use spaceships. *face-palm* And secondly, thanks for the heads up about the buydebug cheat. I haven't had this problem yet, but I will make sure I don't by turning that mode off.