Author Topic: Boarding School and Seasons  (Read 6968 times)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Boarding School and Seasons
« on: December 08, 2012, 01:47:29 PM »
I don't have Seasons yet, but I was wondering, if you have a child away at bording school, will they come home for the holiday in each season?

Dellena

Re: Boarding School and Seasons
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »
I haven't played it enough yet to be sure.  However, I did have one of the sons of my family at boarding school and I had decided I'd bring him home for the holiday.  The day before I was going to take him out of school, he called and said he was bored and wanted to come home.  I let him.  So I don't know if this was because of Snow Flake day coming or not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stephanie

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »
No, they don't :(
I'm playing my family for a few sim weeks now, and ages set as following: baby is 2 days, toddler 3, child 7 and teen 14.
She's been to boarding school from childhood onwards and didn't come back for the summer holiday, or the fall holiday, or the winter holiday. After that I took her off boarding school because I wanted to steer her in a certain direction.

Such a pity! I think they should make it that the kids come home on the holiday at 9am or something, and leave for boarding school at 9am the following morning!

Offline Vanillin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 07:27:50 PM »
I'm playing my family for a few sim weeks now, and ages set as following: baby is 2 days, toddler 3, child 7 and teen 14.
She's been to boarding school from childhood onwards and didn't come back for the summer holiday, or the fall holiday, or the winter holiday. After that I took her off boarding school because I wanted to steer her in a certain direction.

Such a pity! I think they should make it that the kids come home on the holiday at 9am or something, and leave for boarding school at 9am the following morning!
Right? That would be nice.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:58:16 AM »

Thats disapointing. You'd think they'd come back, wouldn't you? Oh well, maybe EA will change this one day.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
Yeah, you know, I think the whole boarding school thing could use some more complex coding.  The most frustrating thing is that every time there's a wedding or a birth (ie a new household member), my kids get kicked out and show back up on the doorstep.