Author Topic: Black Ice - A Dance Club  (Read 4231 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Black Ice - A Dance Club
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:10:52 AM »
I'm still very much a novice at lot creation. This dance club is actually only my second attempt ever at a venue, so I wouldn't mind constructive criticism. Hopefully this can be of use to someone. I know I'm enjoying the heck out of it in my game. :)

Black Ice (Dance Club)

Lot size: 30 x 30
EP Content Used: Late Night (most everything), Generations (spiral staircase), and Pets (Sassy Classy dining chair)
SP Content Used: Town Life Stuff (Waves of Grain door)
No CC or store content.
I did, however, make liberal use of the invisible wall lights available from buydebug.

Cost to purchase (based on 350 Oak Grove Road in Sunset Valley): 137,971

A two-story all-inclusive dance club with a dark, icy ambiance. The first floor sports a bar, dining tables, bubble bar, dance floor, and bandstand. A pair of hot tubs await tired dancers in their own semi-private sunken room.

The dance floor and bandstand.

The bar.

The hot tub area.

The lavatories.

The second floor is all about relaxation and friendly competition. Play some games with a friend, or head out to the deck to relax under the stars.

(Please note: after taking this screenshot I noticed a routing issue involving the staircase, and moved it one square back toward the right wall, which eliminated the problem.)

A couple of action shots courtesy of some helpful townies.

Now here's hoping that I uploaded the file correctly. :P

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: Black Ice - A Dance Club
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »
Could we have a picture of the exterior in the day? The inside looks really good, though!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »
Ah yes, my bad. I completely forgot. :)

This has a better view of the second floor deck, which has a few data loungers and a telescope. Mainly I wanted a place where sims could go and watch the stars with their significant other, or take a nap during a party without waking up to yell at the radio. :P

There's really nothing in the way of landscaping, just a parking lot and walkway with lights. Depending upon which town it's placed in the level of foliage would differ, so I kept it plain.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 02:12:55 PM »
This looks great and can easily fit into any world.  Thanks RaiaDraconis, you're a gem.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »
I agree, this looks good.  Clean but with a lot of fun stuff.  I also like that you kept it clean of landscaping because you're right in that it would change depending on the world you put it in.  I've often gotten a venue and then had to strip the landscaping because it didn't match.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:46:33 AM »
Beautiful screenshots! I love the colours!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein