Author Topic: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 18 - Airica]  (Read 148956 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
...yeah, Addy's maternity swimsuit is kind of awesome too. (And a quick plug: Go Team Airica!)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
...yeah, Addy's maternity swimsuit is kind of awesome too. (And a quick plug: Go Team Airica!)

I actually got it from the Swap Shop. 

And yes more nooboos.   In fact working on that update now to show you toddler cuteness.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 4.2 - Addy]
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2012, 08:51:34 PM »
The Grim Recap:

Addy was in the middle of giving her version of a check in when the labor pains hit so she had to cut it short.  We missed out on seeing the new Grim nooboos but maybe that's what this is for.   As for everything else?  Reka & Airica battle head to head for the last couple of requirements they both need to head into generation 2.   Reka has become an inventing machine but how has that effected her friendships with her husband and those adorable spotted puppies.   Airica finally got a man and it was Angelica's man (Oooh) and now he's a wolf.   Can Malcolm help Airica get the last wishes she needs to pull ahead?  There's no telling but the author is beginning to wonder if this writing style is going to keep working or not.  Addy may have to take an active part with the ladies lives here soon because really isn't that always more fun?   Can Addy really do that with two kids on her hands.. Wait.. why do I have to name another one.

Triplets!!!  Sorry about the interruption but triplets!  I now have four children!  I can't believe it.  Gilberto is beside himself.

First we welcomed Secundus.  Aww green nooboo.

Then came Tertia.. Aww she's so cute with her little yellow fingers.

And surprise!  Hello Little Vier.  Mommy loves her little light green man.  Yes she does.

Oh sorry.   As soon as I was done with all the sparkles, Gilberto and I snuggled each one and decided that we really needed cake.  Lots of Cake.

I took Secundus up to the cake while Gil took Tertia.  She's going to be a Daddy's Girl like big sister Oona.  Who got on honor roll I might add.  I was about to tell you how well she had been doing when the pains hit.

Once the fireflies were done with the other two, I grabbed little Vier and Gilberto presented Oona her cake too.  She was ecstatic that we were going to allow her to age up too.  She's done everything I could imagine her doing so why not reward her.

Strangely enough, being around all the babies seems to have made her a little family-oriented.  She helped us get everyone to a vanity for new makeovers.   

Do I make cute babies or what?   Oona also aged up very well. She has become a beautiful young woman before my eyes.  So smart and incrediblye helpful.

She even helped us start on the baby training before the night was over.   I was all for getting it out of the way.  Not much else to do on a snowy winter day.

Right before bed, I decided to host a fairy party with all the kids.  We had a blast and it was nice to rewind with the family somewhere.   It's like the new Grim tradition to go with sitting in front of a TV playing video games.   I have to admit though.  It was kind of awesome to see all of us flying around the little house in the foyer.   I love my family.    I wish you could have been here, too, Mom.  I even miss you Reka.   Good luck with your challenges.  Don't forget to hug your husbands and speak to your best friends.   Next week is spring!  I'm so tired of this constant snow.  if I thought Gilly would let me, I'd make him move to Sunlit Tides or something.

Oh and life is so boring when you don't have any goals in life.   If I didn't already have a family, I'd so start one of those dynasty things of my own!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
I hear you, Addy! That's why I only ever play dynasties anymore!
I love how Tertia's hair and skin look the same colour. And the theme naming is cute. Oona and Secundus remind me of Stardust. Great book/movie.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 5 Reka]
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
The Grim Recap:

You know what happens when you almost ruin a dynasty?  You get one of your own.  Reka the pawn tried to ruin Artie's attempt at an Immortal Dynasty and blames Rica for her untimely demise.  The two of them constantly argued until The Boss decided it was time to settle up - HER way.  Now both women are on the struggle of their lives to get through the latest of Metro's genius generational games, The Life States Dynasty.   Reka has two challenges left to do - Big Inventions have to be made and another one she hasn't even decided on yet!   Airica is down to some big wishes and the claws have come out.  Can either girl do it before their birthdays?  They're just around the corner for both women and it's hard to say who is the lead anymore. 

Hello Adrasteia & Mongrel Lover,

Yes you do make cute babies.  Oh I wish I could be there to snuggle them close.   I can feel my biological clock ticking as my birthday grows closer.  I bet you can too, Airica darling.

Not much going on around here other than puppy shenanigans.   I am stuck to my inventing table in an effor to finish the widgets and big inventions.  Who decided it had to be 250?  And why do I keep making gnomes?!

In the last days of snow, the puppies and dogs seem to enjoy the weather.  I don't know why, I can't even see the puppies when they are outside playing. 

George kicked me out of the house one day telling me to take the banging somewhere else.  I think I need to pause and spend some time with him but first let me get another 10 widgets.  Somewhere down the road I picked up a new hairstyle for work and it's atrocious. 

I did eventually take George out to dinner.  He decided to get a magical makeover before we left and don't you know the mirror twirled around and then told him he was perfection?   It tells me I'm perfect all the time but now it thinks my husband is, too.  Which works for me - I mean we are perfect.

While we were out, Pinky & Dexter both had their elder birthdays.  It's so sad to see my girl with gray hairs all around her face.  She's still so sweet.   All four dogs love to sniff and bark at me and George and it's to the point that we might have to lock the bedroom door so they can't come in. 

George has been doing great at work.  He's on his third partner so far though.  One day he was undercover as a chef and he realized he wanted to do some reading up.   With both of our birthdays soon, he wants us to live long enough to see the kids (when we have them) grow older.  I didn't have to heart to tell him that I would be immortal while he wasn't.  I guess I could make him immortal and kick him out but then he could get the bright idea to move away and I think it's better to just kill him and keep his tombstone at that point.  Wait.. Err..

So Airica dear - how does it feel to still be constantly scraping by still?   George and I are doing quite well.

Between the two hunting dogs and the gem cutter, I say we're well taken care of.  Don't you think?

Unfortunately the help seems to know it, too.  All the maids seem to be attracted to him no matter how often he fires them for making a move.  It's so sweet but really just how many maids could there be out there. 

As I've finally reached the end of my boring week, I guess it's only right I tell you - I finally finished my widgets.  Now it's only 54 or so more floor hygienators.   Someone save me please from this monotony.   At least George works on his alchemy beside me.  He says he's found a recipe for something called the fountain of youth.   I know I couldn't try it until after I finished all my tasks but it would be nice to be young again.  Oh well.

Take care Addy and hug all those gorgeous little children for me.   Airica - well.. watch out for fleas.

Ta-Ta!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
The Grim Recap:

Airica and Reka go head to head for airica's freedom and something about the origin clause.   C'mon guys can't we get both?  Reka is down to her last two skill challenges - one making big inventions and one she hasn't thought of yet.  Airica is down to some big wishes that no one knows if they will come.   Seriously girls - will one of you just pull ahead already.  At least we get to see some of the cutest faeboos as Addy and Gilberto become baby factory workers.   

Mongrel lover?  Really?  Is that the best you could do?   You have four dogs in your house and you tell me to watch out for fleas.   Maybe you should step away from that bench and go meet real people.  You know Sims that aren't dolls like yourself. 

Addy - I love my grandkids and I too wish I was there.   I'd be worried about crushing their wings but I just want to hug them a lot and when they get stinky pass them back to you.   The joys of being a grandma and all that you know.  Tell them all that Grannie is thinking about them. 

I don't know about the two of you but I am done with this snow.  So when I saw it melting before my very eyes, I threw a party.

I also managed to get a harvester for my garden.   I'm so close to maxing out gardening yet I don't have a wish to do it.  Maybe Malcolm can handle the plants while I sleep on it a few more times. 

Speaking of my future husband, he was out hunting at the Falls when a unicorn stopped him.   He won't tell me what the unicorn said but they seemed to have a lengthy conversation nonetheless. 

It was about Thursday before I realized that I wanted to max gardening.  I also realized that I hadn't proposed to Mallybear so I got down on one knee after taking him out to dinner.  He agreed, of course.  Here's hoping the wish to marry him will suddenly come to me while I'm sleeping too.

Life around Sunset Valley seems to continue as always.  Even though it's spring, it's still chilly.  I visit with Jared and Emma every day.   I realize now that the last full moon I froze someone on Emma's lawn.  Well they're still frozen.  I found the statue on the lawn.  I tried catching her on fire but nothing I did would melt the ice.   Poor Narcissa.

Malcolm ran into an old friend of mine and became besties with him.  Then he used a fountain of youth elixir on him.  Gunther Goth is now younger than I've ever seen him.  HIs clothes should be changed but we can't seem to get him to visit us at the salon. 

Of course while we try to get Gunther new rags, we had an intruder back on the home lot.  I mean really.  I may have to make one of my children become a criminal but then that never stopped them from visiting us back in Lunar Lakes either.  Maybe Malcolm should become a cop.  Right now all he does is hunt really but he wants to be a professional painter.

I finally got around to putting my mausoleum somewhat together.   What do you think?  My cooking cert and the food processor are my career rewards and the 7 perfect life fruit are from my garden.  Now I just need to pop another wish.   I just completed the worth 300,000 one.   So I guess we're not doing nearly as bad as you think we are huh, Reka? 

Oh well it's full moon tonight so Malcolm is out doing I don't know what.  He went to the hospital to visit his dad this afternoon and by now he's probably hanging out with the Wainwrights going on hunts for his lifetime wish.   I'll talk to you ladies later then. 

Hope your week of nooboos went well, darling.   Hugs & Kisses -
Mommy dearest.

Malcolm: "Step one - Plastic surgery complete.  No longer too skinny, just the right amount of muscle and a skinnier nose.. check.   Now to hunt! Awooo!"

Malcolm: "Hey Susan.. let's pack up ok?  I want to get something good for Airica.  I think it's time we got married."
Boyd: "Hey I love full moon hunting, I'll come too."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 5 x 2]
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2012, 10:55:38 AM »
Malcolm makes some nice nooboos. Well he has in my experience.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Addy's Week 5]
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »
The Grim Recap:

Addy is a baby making machine.  Reka is a invention making machine.  Airica is a harvesting goddess.  Is that too biased?  Reka and Airica got put against each other in a dynasty race against each other and for now the competition has had Reka in the lead but just like week Airica and Reka practically tied for getting it done.  Week 5 is now over and both women seem to be ready to pull ahead.  Who will be the victor in round 1? 

Hello you two.  It's good to see you're both doing well.   My 5th week has been ... trying.   

It's been full of toddlers both my own and the daycare. 

Never forget that even if a person is family-oriented - if they're evil, candy will be stolen.

Oh and we decided to go ahead and try for the fifth child Gilberto needed for his lifetime wish.  After this, it will be time to make a next move.  Other than that not much to report.

Today was the triplets birthday.  They all learned their skills, read their books and became best friends with both of us.   That's all I really asked before we aged them up.   All the cake eating may be leaving it's mark though.

Oh and before I let you guys see the wardrobes the kids picked out.  I wanted to let you know that I've had a chat with The Boss.  Apparently, it's time for me to take a more active roll.   Next week - I'll either pop in or it will be the last week that you have to make a report.  If you don't hear from me by Wednesday then you know you'll have a report to make. 

Take care.  I think I need to hit the spa for a nine hour massage. 

Ricanote: I'm enjoying this style of story but I don't think I get enough chances to work with the characters and show them off like I have in the past.  It makes it hard for me to get to know them.   With the arrival of generation 2 across all three files, I find myself at a loss and I don't want to disappoint you guys as the readers.  That and I'm utterly bored with Addy's baby making but I've been playing them off wishes which is why there are so many kids.  Addy herself has been rolling the wishes to have kids as much as Gilberto has.  We'll see how things go but I may start making rules for her file to feel the fun again.  Probably going to move them soon and make it a file where there's no rain or snow.  God I hate the rain and snow. HAHA.   Comments always welcome.. even critical ones!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 5 x 3]
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
Airica's so lucky because she now has a young and hot Gunther running around Sunset Valley. I hope this means that he's a future Mr. Grim.

I can only imagine the stress of having to write for three files. I often feel that I can't develop my characters well when I have only one file to wrangle with (Right, Rusts?). Considering how nicely done this story is already, you deserve plenty of my respect for keeping the writing interesting with such a tall order. I feel that Reka is actually quite fleshed out, and though I feel that Airica's a little more flat at this point, it's really hard to inject character when you're just plugging away to get requirements done. I'm trying to balance skilling and character development in my own dynasties, but sometimes it's just impossible and you have to make the chapter basically say "and then they tutored their nephew and played chess to get two more skill challenges done."

And yes, I know the feeling of having to fulfill tons of wishes to have more kids. My current for-fun file is that in spades, and that's without having to write about it. I'd recommend a nice relaxing cup of tea and bonbons to unwind after dealing with the Addy/Gilberto nooboo factory.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »
I think one of the most challenging parts of a life state dynasty is surviving the boring skilling parts.It is exactly the same in an immortal dynasty. Waiting on five K wishes can be pretty irritating too.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 6 Reka]
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »

Adrasteia: -taptaptap- "This thing on?"
Reka: "What in the world?"
Adrasteia: "Hidden Springs to Riverview.  Hidden Springs to Riverview."
Reka: "Addy is that you?"
Adrasteia: "Of course it's me.  Didn't you get my report."
Reka: "Well.. Umm.. You see."
Adrasteia: "You don't read my updates until you turn yours in huh?"
Reka: "It's just that it's the only time of the week I stop inventing."
Adrasteia: "Uh huh.  Go read it.. Don't worry.  I'll wait."

Adrasteia: "Aww look at you guys all grown up. So cute."
Ant: "Who is that talking and why do you have such a big head?"
Bee: "I don't have a big head.. You have a tiny head.  Wait.. who was talking?"
Adrasteia: "Welcome to being watched my little furry friends. "

George: "Oh boy.  Maybe I shouldn't have drank that youth elixir."
Adrasteia: "Whoo!  It's your unbirthday.  Whoo!"
George: "Unbirthday?  You must be Addy."
Adrasteia: "Very astute of you."

George: "How bad is it?"
Adrasteia: "Wow.  It's actually rather sexy."
Reka: "Are you hitting on my husband?"
Adrasteia: "No I was telling him something you should have said."
Reka: "Well it is rather smashing but we don't need you telling him that."
George: "I didn't mind."
Reka: "Ugh.   Alright.  I'm off to the consignment shop."
George: "Say hi to Luke for me."
Reka: "Oh come on.  He means nothing."
George: "You're still attracted to him."
Reka: "You're attracted to every maid we get!"
George: "And you fire them.  I can't fire Luke."
Reka: -sigh- "I'll be back. Love you."
Adrasteia: "I take it this is a normal argument."
George: "Well yeah."
Adrasteia: "I think it should probably stop.  Not sure I want to sit through that again."
George: "Why should I?"
Adrasteia: "Because she's almost to the consignment shop and I have the power to make her kiss him if you don't agree to drop it."
George: "Ok ok ok.  Pushy."
Adrasteia: "Welcome to being watched."

Reka: "Did I get it?"
Luke: "Get what?"
Adrasteia: "Yes!  You got it.  Now go finish the other one."
Reka: "First let me take this potent invigorating elixir."
Adrasteia: "I swear there's something in that kool-aid."
Reka: "What do you mean?"
Adrasteia: "Nothing. Now get home."

*lots of hours later*

Reka: "It's alive!!" *epic music*
Adrasteia: "Interesting.. LTW check.  Big Inventions check.  Now buy some LTRs."

Reka: "Ugh.. Bye dear robotic child of mine.  Don't write."
Dane Fable: "Ok Mom.  See you later."

Jeanette Fable: "Reka, I'm here.  You're my best friend."
Reka: "Ugh.   You have to go because you can't live here.  Bye bye now."
Adrasteia: "You'd think you'd be nicer to the simbots being an inventor and a supe fan."
Reka: "Shh.  Hey you know what this means?"
Adrasteia: "What's that?"

Adrasteia: "Oh that's what that means.  Aww and you did it on Love Day.  That's kind of .. cute."

Reka: "Aww Nooboo."
Adrasteia: "Haha nice clothes."
Reka: "Oh and that dress you have on is a keeper."
Adrasteia: "Shush. Or next time I'll make you wear it too."
Reka: "Next time?!  I could get an heir this time."
Adrasteia: "Yes but your husband wants 5 kids."
Reka: "So?"
Adrasteia: "So she says... Mwahaha." -fiendishly delighted moodlet active-

Luke McDermott: "I can't believe you went and got pregnant without me."
Reka: "Luke - I already told you I had found someone else."
Luke: "But still!"
Reka: "Come here little firefly.. let me squish you."
Luke: "You wouldn't!"
Adrasteia: "Hey no intentionally killing Sims."
Reka: "But he's pestering me.  Literally!"
Adrasteia: "I don't care.  Go home."

Adrasteia: "You seem to have put on some weight there."
Reka: "Are you saying I'm fat?"
Adrasteia: "Yes.  Yes I am."
Reka: "I hate you."
Adrasteia: "That's the hormones talking.  Take it from someone who is very hormonal."
Reka: " Popped yet?"
Adrasteia: "Actually I did and no you cannot see pictures until this week is over."

Adrasteia: "It's creepy."
Reka: "I like it."
Adrasteia: "You would but giving your kids IF bears is creepy."
Reka: "Don't bother George.  Since I can't take a fountain of youth elixir we're still trying to figure out if I can use a YA again potion instead."
Adrasteia: "Yeah that's weird too. Thank the watcher for the multi tab right?"
Reka: "Yep.  He's learning cooking & he's maxing logic. -- Uh ut oh."

Reka: "Ow!"

George: "Ahhh!"
Adrasteia: "Men.  So useless.  George.  Go downstairs and read Ambrosia."
George: "Ahh!  The baby is coming!  Oh ok."

A great bit welcome to Andy,

Barbie,

and yes Ken.   Triplets. 

Reka: "So which one is the heir?:
Adrasteia: "What do you mean?"
Reka: "They're all witches so choose one to be the heir so I can cake up the others."
Adrasteia: "Oh no.  I'm not choosing the heir."
Reka: "Fine then how about the girl."
Adrasteia: "No - you can't either."
Reka: "What why not?"
Adrasteia: "You can't just play favorites.  They're burritos.  What if you choose now and she turns out to look like George."
Reka: "Fine when can I cake them?"
Adrasteia: "In three days on their birthday."
Reka: "Seriously?"
Adrasteia: "Seriously.  Only I get to speed up the burrito stage."

George: "Honey.. I finally made that plate you wanted."
Adrasteia: "Not a day too soon either.  Tomorrow is her birthday."
Reka: "Oh goodie.  I finally get to taste that stuff Artie ate."

Adrasteia: "Well?"
Reka: "Whoops I stood up."
Adrasteia: "What did you think?"
Reka: "It's nasty.. how did you guys do it?"
Adrasteia: "I only did it once.  Never again. Alright - see you sunday."
Reka: "Sunday?"
Adrasteia: "You don't think I'll stick around the next couple of days while you snuggle, feed, toss and change burritos do you?"
Reka: "Umm.. maybe?"
Adrasteia: "Oh no.  I don't even like my own in the larval stage.  Enjoy - I'll be back for their birthday."
Reka: "Be back right after midnight!"
Adrasteia: "I'll bring the cake."

Adrasteia: "Whoo!  Goodbye Larva stage!"
George: -pops the wish for another baby-
Reka: -does too- "Oh boy."
Adrasteia: "Mwahahaha  Ok put them down already so we can see their faces.  Someone grab Kenny."

Adrasteia: "Awww.    Two out of three got your eyes. Time to play with the new dresser Auntie Addy got you kids.  Let's go."

Andy Fable - named after Raggedy Andy - Loves the Outdoors & Heavy Sleeper

Barbie Fable - named after someone from UC - Loves the Outdoors & Loves the Cold

Ken Fable - named after someone who lives with Barbie in UC - Athletic & Friendly

Ricanote: I forgot traits of the kids and Sims 3 is giving me serious errors every time I try to load up the game so I'm going to give it a day and try it again tomorrow.  Hehe.  A very wise person who doesn't mind spoilers said to do the kids with cool eyes.   Which means Barbie & Ken.  I just think it's funny all of Reka's kids are witches and none came out dolls.  The reign of evil dolls is at an end?  Probably not but we'll see right?

Edited post to add the traits.  I found a PM where I was talking about them to someone else. Yay for sharing spoilers LOL

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2012, 05:44:42 PM »
Good job to Reka for completing her requirements. The kids are so cute. Love the naming theme.

(By the way, you are slowing getting less and less crazy...)
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Madkatter

• Nooboo
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »
Barbie and Ken both have those luminous eyes from Reka it is odd how non of them became dolls though

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2012, 06:19:44 PM »
Good job to Reka for completing her requirements. The kids are so cute. Love the naming theme.

(By the way, you are slowing getting less and less crazy...)

I couldn't come up with anything else and it just seemed to work - don't you think?    (Thanks.. I think.  I have toddlers everywhere.. how am I getting less crazy?)

Barbie and Ken both have those luminous eyes from Reka it is odd how non of them became dolls though
I think it's just funny that none of them became dolls.  This means Reka has triple the work because I can't decide who is the heir.

Oh and I finally remembered their traits and have added them to the post.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2012, 06:27:50 PM »
I couldn't come up with anything else and it just seemed to work - don't you think?    (Thanks.. I think.  I have toddlers everywhere.. how am I getting less crazy?)
You are getting less and less crazy because you are getting further away from your biggest moment of craziness starting two dynasties and throwing Addy in too. If that makes any sense.
Reka is very lucky to have three children with pretty good traits.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations