Author Topic: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 18 - Airica]  (Read 148961 times)

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
Woo, so many updates!  You're burning through these dynasties!

Cornelia's appearance has thrown me for a loop.  Vampire ghost is a new life state for the family, isn't it?  That'd be hilarious and a little creepy if she becomes Casper's wife.  I don't think her joining the family would improve grumpy Gunther's mood at all. 

Does Casper always radiate bats and graves like fairies radiate sparkles?  That's pretty nifty if he does.  Makes me want to try playing ghosts again, as I haven't really wrangled them since the original four flavours were the only options.  I wonder if any of the other new ghosts radiate things too.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Is it really squicky?  I'm with Vinyl - it's hiliariously creepy. 

The haunting ghost has bats, graves and skulls that chase after them.  The jelly bean ghost has jelly beans inside their purple.   The death ranting ghost has #s, @s, and other symbols.  I think that's it for the floaties though.

Yes Vampire and Vampire Ghost are both not present in the family. 

To tell the truth I think if I hadn't restricted myself to only skilling after YA, I'd probably be done at least one of them.  But I have a purpose for everything and some interesting things are coming up.  Or I hope they're interesting to you guys. 

Thank you everyone for reading as always.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
Oh yeah, in case it wasn't obvious I'm one hundred percent Team Cornelia as Casper's bride.  It's a really entertaining twist to the dynasty and I just love the idea.  I'm curious if she'll be solid or see-through when she joins the household.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

Given my penchant for inbreeding, I'm not really qualified to protest Cornelia and Casper. Therefore, I'll heartily ship it! Haha! I've always thought she was pretty cool looking. It'll bring some nice (if not "new") genes into the family. Poor boys, they both really had a rough week on the dating front.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
The Grim Recap:

While the Grim guys are having girl problems (a first for Grims!), Clawdeen gets to move into the next week with the confidence that she's already met her mate.  She also already knows what she's going to put into her mausoleum and what skills to work on.  If only life was always that simple.  Knowledge is good but can she pull it off while the Grims aren't looking?

Adrasteia: "In the house for like two days and already have a completed lifetime wish.  Not bad huh?"
Walter: "Shh.. rocking here."

Adrasteia: "What are in plumbob are you wearing?"
Clawdeen: "This is my party dress for the bachelorette party. "
Adrasteia: "I think I'm glad I never had one then."

Don: "Sweetheart.   I just want you to know I'm proud of you."
Clawdeen: "Thanks Dad."
Don: "No I mean it.   Don't let your mother and grandmother get to you.  I'm not saying don't do your requirements.  Just don't fester.   That make sense?  I love your mother but when you mention the Grims she becomes someone else."
Clawdeen: "She becomes grandma's clone.  Yeah I get it.  Thanks Dad.   Want to do my toast?"
Don: "Aww I'd love to."

Clawd: -typing away to Athena... "You're evil and mean and I hate you.  I don't want you for a girlfriend anymore."-
Genie Athena: -walking in-  "Oh Clawd dear.. I came to see you."
Clawd: -hits send- "Oh hey Athena."
Genie Athena: "Aww did my schnookums just send me a text."
Clawd: "Uhh.. I need to go scoop poop." -runs out the door-
Adrasteia: "Mwahaha.  I knew inviting the genie would be fun."

Clawd: "Shirley.. I wanted to let you know I just sent a break up text to─"
Shirley: "Aww nooboo."
Clawd: "Just in time too."
Shirley: "What were you saying pookiebear?"
Clawd: "I was saying that one problem was handled.   You wouldn't mind coming over to my house and listening to some special music and watching some of my favorite shows right?"
Shirley: "Of course not.  I've known your Grandma since she moved in."

Clawd: "Oh Shirley who has no trouble listening and watching to kids songs.  Will you marry me?"
Shirley: -gasp-
Adrasteia: "Finally someone who didn't say it."
Shirley: "Yes yes yes."
Reka: -snickers-
Adrasteia: -groans-

Adrasteia: "I now pronounce you witch and fanger."
Reka: "Aww. Now someone call Don back and get him to move back in."
Barbie: "Mom.."
Reka: "What?"

Adrasteia: "I know supermaxing painting can be mind numbing but I'm not sure that will help."
Clawdeen: "It's still kind of refreshing."
Adrasteia: "Yes but why change to your swimsuit to do it?"
Clawdeen: "I'm a wolf.  We're warm-blooded."
Adrasteia: "Uh huh.  Ok.  Back to the grind."
Clawdeen: - pops wish to get married-
Adrasteia: "Ok well after you set up the wedding venue."

You know.. we set up the venue.  Check the weather. Invite the whole family.   Temperature plummets before we can get anyone married so everyone is in their outerwear.  *pout*

Clawdeen: "I have snow up to my calves.  Do we really want to do this here and not at home?"
Walter: -whispers- "I know.. we cut the cake then get out of here."
Clawdeen: -whispers- "Deal." -clears throat- "Who wants cake?!"

Adrasteia: "It wouldn't be a Doll major event if something wasn't also happening with the dogs.  In this case, Happy Birthday Brooks."

Clawdeen: "How does it feel to be Walter Doll?"
Walter: "Strange but it feels great to be in your arms."
Clawdeen: "Aww."

Adrasteia:  In true Doll fashion, Shirley went into labor at the wedding so here's Clawd's twin girls - Alisa and Joan.

... who aged up as soon as we were looking.   Joan is the vampire and Alisa is the witch.

Adrasteia: "...."

Adrasteia: "Exactly."

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Transmutation ghosts radiate stars as well. I suppose there's no blood relation, so...they can get married. Not that they need my permission, haha. It's still weird to me, but I'll get over it. Congratulations for all the events. Just too many to name individually.

By samoht04

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Add another vote for creepily hilarious.  I'm climbing aboard the Good Ship Corsper!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

Snow angel . . . face first and swimsuit? I'd swear insanity was a hidden trait here!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
The Grim Recap:

Here's what you missed on Grim.   Nothing.  You missed Nothing.  Oh wait.. that may be this week or next week.   Last week was the week of graduations and vampires playing hard to get.  Cornelia died of thirst to play the ultimate hard to get call.  Plus it looks like Baron won the coin toss and snagged Bebe.  Or at least tried.    Over in the Doll house this week, Clawdeen got hitched and started mega pumping out her skill challenges.   Can a watcher go insane watching people skill?  Does it count if they were that way before the skilling started?

Bebe: "Stupid technology... bringing down civlization with your gadgets, gizmos and computer chips."
Adrasteia: "Hey get out of here!   HELP someone get this crazy vampire out of the tech room!"
Bebe: "Shh.  You might make my boyfriend mad at me."
Adrasteia: "Who is your boyfriend?"
Bebe: "The red one."
Adrasteia: "Honey, they're all red."
Bebe: "Oh.. the young red one with the glasses."
Adrasteia: "Oh... oh.  Just get out of the room."

Adrasteia: "Hey lover boy."
Casper: "Kiai!"
Adrasteia: "Nice.. space rocks already huh?  Just remember to only get seven gems."
Casper: "Got it.  Whatcha need?"
Adrasteia: "Oh thought you'd like to know there is a certain lady hanging out in your backyard freaking out the zombies."
Casper: -chuckles- "Must be Cornelia."

Cornelia: "So ... miss me?"
Casper: "Come here and I'll show you."
Adrasteia: "Bleh."

Bebe: "Feel that?  Is that one foot or two?"
Baron: "I think it's two."
Adrasteia: "Oh so that's why she's always at the other house with the annoying music on."

Casper: -grunt- "One wish down, four more to go."
Adrasteia: "And a lot of hours spent doing boring stuff."
Casper: "I like it."
Adrasteia: "You're not the one having to watch you.  Keep going."

Malcolm: "Aha.  You're finally older than me again.  Aha."
Gunther: "I'm still your son-in-law."
Malcolm: "Party pooper."

Malcolm: "Hey.. how come he still gets to look cool as an almost dead guy? No fair."
Gunther: "Oh man.. The wrinkled skin again."
Adrasteia & Malcolm: "What skin?"

Meanwhile across town...

Baron: "Ahh!  What are we supposed to do?!"
Bebe: "I don't knoooow."
Adrasteia: "How about a trip to the hospital?"
Baron: "Yeah ok.. where's my keys?"
Adrasteia: "No way, Jose.   Take a taxi."

Adrasteia: "Haha.. I guess it was three feet."

Baron Grim is now the proud father of triplets - Rocco, Harlan & Mason.  Finally a color other than red!

Baron: "Hey Mom! I'm a....Aww poor Mischief."
Airica: "You're a what sweetie?"
Baron: "I'm a Daddy.  Bebe had triplets."
Airica: "Oh we should go visit."
Baron: "I think I should join the architect career."
Tala: "Good idea.  Give those boys some cribs and toys."

Rocco: *screams*
Adrasteia: "MOM!  Where did you get the ability to do that?"
Airica: -grins and licks- "Being a nerd is great and so it stealing candy."

Adrasteia: "Wait.. who's birthday are you celebrating?"
Baron: "Harlan's."
Adrasteia: "Where's Harlan?"
Bebe: "Right where I put him."
Adrasteia: "You awful mean vampire you."

Adrasteia: "There you go sweetie.  Let the fireflies warm you up."
Baron: "Hey he has your eyes, too."

As soon as they arrive home - the other two aged up too!

Skip ahead a few days.  Baron actually gets a job as an architect to build Bebe a writing room.

Baron: "So what do you think of the new room?  And the cribs downstairs?"
Bebe: "Ahhh!"
Baron: "I didn't think I had done that bad. Oh my watcher.  Not again!"

Adrasteia: "Oh look.. two ghosts still sparring." -yawn-  "Back to Baron."

Meet Jan & Kory Hart.  For a grand total of 5 munchkins to spread the joy of being Grim.

Adrasteia: -yawn- "Still?  You two shouldn't spar anymore.  Being double level 10 has you both taking forever to land a punch."

Adrasteia: "Ok I've had six kids and never have I ever tried to hold them like that.  Fairly certain he's about to go from being red to purple in a moment."
Bebe: "What? Oh.. Yeah."
Adrasteia: "Baron.. Baron!  Do it now.  Save the children."

Baron: "With this ring, I thee make my legitimate baby mama."
Bebe: "With that ring, I'll finally stop having people point at me in terror at the grocer store."
Baron: "No that will probably still happen. "
Bebe: "Oh.. but at least they can't make fun of the kids."
Baron: "Exactly."

Cornelia: "Whoo!  Someone finally died and left so I could join the family!  And now I get to be young again.  Whoo!"

And this is the part where she died four times - not going to lie.   Casper spent two days keeping Cornelia fed, young and mostly alive.  At the end it was no longer funny that she kept dying.. well mostly no longer funny.

Casper: "Hey sweetie.. Do me the honors of being my bride?"
Cornelia: "Really!?  You mean it? You're ok with my past and everything."
Casper: "I wouldn't be on one sore knee doing this right now if I wasn't."
Cornelia: "Good point.. and it's so big and shiny.  Yes, I'll do it!"
Adrasetia: "Whoo!  Skinny woman let's go."
Cornelia: "Go where?"
Adrasteia: "To the surgeon of course."

Cornelia: "I still don't understand why it was necessary for me to come here."
Adrasteia: "You were too skinny.  Dying of thirst makes you teeny tiny.   Grims aren't teeny tiny people."
Conrelia: "Did I really need a boob job too?"
Adrasteia: "Naturally."
Cornelia: "No they're not natural at all now."
Adrasteia: "Time to finish that wardrobe.  Let's go."

Ladies and Germs.. Cornelia Goth under the crimson shimmer.   *whistle*   Ok back to skilling.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Wow. A Haunting ghost marrying a Thirst ghost. You are going to have Christmas twins of a different variety now! Awesome! Cornelia looks super pretty, good job. I'm way excited about this!

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
I saw Gen 4 be born in the Grim house last night.  You'll be excited even more soon.

I want you guys to know the next two weeks in both houses was very bland.  I mean very bland.   For the Dolls it was getting Clawdeen to pop the wishes she needed.  Which she never did.  I had to use one of my reserve wishes.  Then I was so busy getting her ready - I forgot something important.  Which you'll read soon.

So if the next four updates aren't very funny.  I'm sorry.  Just no material to work with here!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
I just want to see Gunther and Cornelia around the breakfast table.  Seriously.  That's all I need.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
The Grim Recap:

-best game show announcer voice- Hello everybody and Welcome to..... The Skilling Game!  That's right we have two contestants going head to head in a competition to see who can get six skill challenges faster!   Let's meet our contestants.  In the Riverview corner, we have Clawdeen Doll! *clapping/cheering*  She's a painter, she wants to write but doesn't ever wish for it.  She has the largest nose in Simverse history for a husband and she's so close the Dolls can taste it!  Very good.  *more clapping and cheering*  In the opposite corner for the Grim team, we have super lightweight Casper Grim! *audience equally enthusiastic*  It's not that he can't handle his own, oh no this guy is a ghost so he doesn't weigh anything *ba dum tink* He's a martial artist and athlete trying to make an honest living by stealing stuff!  He's so good he even stole the heart of his Dad's ex.  Oh wait.. oh well.. Let's see how they're doing.... Take it away Addy.

Adrasteia: "I'm sorry Stan but it turns out we have absolutely no pictures of Clawdeen for Week 17.   She's a slave to the easel trying to crank out thirty paintings as fast as possible.  She still hasn't popped the max writing wish though.  However, we do have some footage of some of the other members of Dollhouse."
Announcer Stan: "That's too bad, Addy.   That means it's time for everyone's favorite segment....

Who's that Doll!"

He's got Reka's eyes and a great tan.  I also hear he's got a massive clothing collection including Flower Power, Campus Hero with matching penant and Kung Fu Fighter!

He got his father's eyes and cheeks and lips but we loved him just the same!  He's married to a fairy and has a little girl who did get Reka's eyes.

She's still too thin!

Certainly the most interesting of the second generation - this young woman refuses to take pictures in the daylight even if she is a doll.

One of the newest members to the clan.  This little lady and her sister are aging randomly. 

Oh hey it's her sister!  This little girl obviously takes after her mother!  Way to go, kid.

Adrasteia: "Wow that's a lot of pictures of old people you got there Stan.   But nothing beats my collection of random things!'

Adrasteia: "Nothing beats spending time with a dog that just hit 50.   Expecting the end to come any day is the backbone of all dynasties, it's just harder when there are pets involved."

Adrasteia: "That's right.  Barbie's not perfect.  Ha Ha Ha."

Adrasteia: "Here we have the garage turned into new house section for the newlyweds.  Turns out his favorite color is yellow not orange but who really wants to change it at this point."

Adrasteia: "This lovely collection is just 7 of the many that have been made in the pursuit of the next generation.  Complete with painting certificate and laptop from the Video Game industry.  Our little puppy is almost ready to move on."

Adrasteia: "You'll laugh when you see it.  He's such a cute little joker."

Stan: "Sorry to interrupt you there Addy but this just in.   The Dolls are plotting against the Grims."
Adrasteia: -very dry-  "Really?  I would have never guessed."

Adrasteia: "What's it for?"
Female voice: "I'm either going to eat it or stare at it.  I don't know."

Announcer Stan: "Stay tuned.  We'll be back right after this break!"

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
The Grim Recap:

-Announcer voice comes back-  And we're back!  For those that are just tuning in, you really should just rewind and catch up real quick.  Don't worry.  We'll still be here when you get done.   -music plays- Done?  Good!  Now that we've not seen the recluse called Clawdeen it's time to check in with the Grims. Hopefully they've got better stuff for us.   Addy?"

Adrasteia: "Thanks Stan.  Better stuff?  I'll say. "

Adrasteia: "Last generation's winner but slow breeder, Tala Grim has been arrested, Stan.   Reasons for arrest have yet to be leaked but we do know that no formal charges were ever made against the Alpha female.  As soon as there is more information, don't worry we'll have to tell someone."

Adrasteia: "Which reminds me, it seems my step-father and half sister are also going to be in the new Michael Jacksim video, 'Thrasher.' You can see them practicing their moves on every full moon."

Adrasteia: "Mother of mine also had an interesting moment this past week as she actually had a birthday.   Having taken an Age Freeze Potion several weeks ago, it's odd how suddenly she's going to have to pay attention to how old she is again.  INo need to be concerned though, I have it on good authority not only does she know about ambrosia and it's recipe but she's also quite skilled at remembering to eat it. I have a quick clip here from the old pro herself."

Airica: "This is not funny, Adrasteia Grim."
Adrasteia: -laughing hysterically-
Airica: "I'm going to get you."

Stan: "I think you're going to be grounded, Addy."
Adrasteia: "She'd have to catch me first. "
Stan: "The wings do help."
Adrasteia: "Yes they do but only if I can keep from laughing.  Speaking of laughing, have I got a clip for you.   There was a very interesting breakfast the other day that I had the true pleasure of witnessing."
Stan: "Then I'd love to see it.  Let's go straight to that footage."

Gunther: "So son, I hear you have a new girlfriend."
Casper: "I do."
Gunther: "Is it serious?  Is she going to be your one?"
Casper: "She's already a part of the house so I would hope so."
Gunther: "Oh well if she's already among us then there's no backing out now is there."
Casper: "Exactly.  She's stuck and she's fully aware of the circumstances. She agreed before she moved in but we love each other and that's what actually matters."
Gunther: "Then I can't wait to meet her."

Cornelia: "Good Morning Gunther, Sweetheart."
Gunther: "Corny.. I've told you before. I'm married.  You can't call me sweetheart anymore.  Why aren't you in your tombstone? It's past 9 am."
Cornelia: "Gunther Gunther Gunther.. sometimes you're really thick, you know that?"
Gunther: "What do you mean?"
Casper: "Dad.. you know that woman we were just talking about?"
Gunther: "Oh is she coming down the stairs?"
Casper: "No Dad.  You're sitting next to her."
Gunther: -chokes-

Adrasteia: -chuckles- "I don't know about you Stan, but I could watch him choke over and over again."
Stan: -uncomfortable- "Yes it certainly was funny.   Do we have any thing else to report from the Grims?"

Adrasteia: "Only the standard stuff.   Christopher Steel tried to enthrall Mary Grim."

Adrasteia: "A reaper came to crash the party and take a guest.  This time it was poor Lupe Grim, my half sister."

Adrasteia: "He stuck around though to beat on the new family addition."

Adrasteia: "Oh and there was actually a second party this past week."
Stan: "I do love to party.  What kind was it?"
Adrasteia: "A Love Day party.  It was Airica and Tala's wedding anniversaries."
Stan: "Anything good happen?"

Adrasteia: "Oh you know.   Airica's father in law got a little friendly with someone else."
Stan: "And?"
Adrasteia: "His wife was standing nearby.  The entire party started booing him and telling him to go home."
Stan: "That doesn't sound like a very good Grim party."
Adrasteia: "Well.  There was this one thing.  It wasn't exactly important though."
Stan: "Do tell.  I think we're losing the subscribers to network tv."
Adrasteia: "Oh well it was just Casper getting another one of his wishes."
Stan: "Oh.. meditating for 24 hours or something?"
Adrasteia: "Not exactly."

Adrasteia: "It was just the one for getting married to Cornelia." -shrugs- "Meh. Although for those of you that do like some of that sappy mumbo jumbo.  Check this out."

Adrasteia: "After angering everyone at the party with his fooling around at the wedding, Geoffrey Landgraab decides to send notice out that he's about to kick the bucket.   His son having not talked to his father in a long time went to visit and invite him over for a family meal."

Adrasteia: "Unfortunately, Malcolm's mother, Nancy, had already passed away earlier that day so the Grims were all too willing to comfort an old friend in a lonely time."

Adrasteia: "Geoffrey obviously had the stink of death about him as the reaper came at just that moment to take long time family familiar, Salem onto the next realm."

Adrasteia: "Ever the schmoozer, Airica asked that Grim wait a little while longer before coming back for her father in law. However, when she caught him staring at her daughter's backside as she moved about the house.."

Adrasteia: ".. things got a little heated between the two of them."

Adrasteia: "Not long after that, a second Reaper appeared to take Geoffrey.  He had spent almost all day playing games with his son and granddaughter.  Meeting his great grandson and enjoying the time he was allowed to be in the Grim house."

Stan: "That is a touching tale.  Well I think that's all for toni─"
Adrasteia: "Then just to be spiteful because they waited until he was dying to invite him over.  He made his tombstone invisible in the middle of the living room where the Grims can no longer sit or place any objects.  Now he comes and goes whenever he pleases and we can't pick up the tombstone to get him to go away."
Stan: "Good for him.   This is Stan signing off for now.  Stay Classy."

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
That was a funny pair of chapters! There were a lot of ghosts in the Grim chapter. I want to know what the Dolls are planning...
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations