Author Topic: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 18 - Airica]  (Read 145235 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 1 Rica]
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »

Click the images to make larger

Airica: "Well if you're going to start a dynasty, having a nice view is really a bonus."
I still prefer the one I had.
Airica: "Oh now that's not weird at all."
Haha, the shoe is on the other foot.  I need you to listen to me for a few moments and not give me any lip.
Airica: "Ha.. in your dreams buddy.  Are you my watcher now?"
Not exactly.  They chose someone from the magical section of the Simverse.
Airica: "Alright... that weird winged version of you?"
No.. Uhh.  You know you're hard to handle in person.  This is worse. 
Airica: "Spit it out!"
Addy is going to be the watcher since she's your kid.  She's also now a fairy or something.  Anyway.  Check your mailbox - it has instructions from me on how to communicate with Addy for weekly reports until she can get situated and start peeping in like you used to do.  Oh and the book of rules for the new dynasty.  Metro made this one seem easy but it's all luck.
Airica: "Why does my back itch?"
Same reason your wrist does.  Boss loves to brand her people.  Ok gotta run.  The boys are finally arriving here and you know I need to handle their choices.  OH! I'll try to see if we can keep up with Addy so she can tell you everything that's going on.
Airica: "Ok.. So .. Bye?"
Good Luck woman.  Don't make me have to come get you.
Airica: "K."

Airica: "This sucks. And why am I tattoo'd!?!"

Airica: "Pull yourself together.. " -clears throat and checks mailbox- "Oh hey.. surprise gift box." -gets a 4-Everything Van- "Aww I love my friends.." -sells the van : Family funds now §13100-  "Ok.. really that's it?  How did I not notice him doing that after all this time."

Helloooo Ba-by!

Sorry I couldn't resist.  I can feel you rolling your eyes already.  I've landed in Sunset Valley.   I got the lot that I've always loved up by the waterfall.  It's away from other people and I can walk around in my skivvies if I wanted to.  Which I do now that the randomizer took away my insane trait.  My first week hasn't been too bad.  Money is a little tighter than I want it to be but I know it will get better.   I got a van on my first day and that went over very well. 

It's weird being back in the Valley.  Usually I'm watching from above but actually being here is weird, too.   I've of course made it my mission to figure out every life state the neighborhood had produced.  I found out something interesting a long the way.

I'm attracted to all the wrong guys...

Nick Alto

Christopher Steel

Thornton Wolff

Gobias Koffi

And Jared Frio!

It is what it is really.   Christopher became a vampire but the others are still normal.  I think.  Also Geoffrey Landgraab and Marty Keaton keep calling and asking me out too.  I did kind of sign up for this online dating thing but they're married men! They should leave me alone.  Xander Clavell has also been trying to get me to hang out with him but I remember Astrea's jaw.  Not sure I'm willing to deal with that yet.

Since I'm pretty much an old pro at starter homes, I waited until I really wished for a few items before putting together my humble abode.

It's not an octagon in the middle of nowhere but it will do.  It has everything I could possibly need for now.  I forgot the sink in that picture and placed it immediately after.  I was so exhausted I couldn't bring myself to take another photo. 

Otherwise my first week has been kind of boring.  I got a job at the local coffeehouse but being a loser means I don't always get promoted the way I'm used to.   I had fun at the summer festival a little bit but really most of my time is spent gardening or cooking right now.   I guess I'm so used to having to supermax I haven't thought much beyond that.  Not sure how I feel about finding someone else either.   Your father is out there somewhere and he'll hear about this.   He'll know I have to bring in another child.  Oh well.  Something to ponder for another day.   I'm sorry I don't have a lot to tell you about.   Say hello to Gilberto for me and I hope one day you'll be able to share with me pictures of the kids.

Love Always --
   Mom

P.S.  Artie says you got turned into a fairy.  Send pictures!   Also .. look into getting me some potent invigorating elixirs huh?  I know I have to share them with the evil doll but I don't care.  It would be nice not to have to sleep again.   I miss my LTRs.  I miss my tent and strangely I miss Lunar Lakes.   I'm sending some extra photos for fun.   Oh and tell Artie I ran into Agnes. 

Vita looking good.  It's so color coordinated that I'm betting this was done with the magic mirror.

Little Winged Nancy

Frilly Winged Madison

I want to know how this works.  I mean really? Just park it at the local Mick's, drop some space rocks and move on?  I may need to look into buying this place and seeing if the car comes with!

It doesn't matter that I smelled like garlic.  What matters is Jared Frio had just given me a new recipe.  And I was hoping to catch his brother's eye but no dice.

There's just something about that look in her eyes that says "I'm not impressed."   I keep checking on her hoping she turns into some long lived thing.  It would be nice to reintegrate her genes into the family tree somehow.  I think it would make Artie mad too.

Ok that's it for now.  Long P.S.  Sue me.  Love you.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Louise56

I love both updates! Can't wait to see who is the lucky guy in Airica's life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 1 Addy]
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 11:41:44 AM »

Forgot someone's new wardrobe - click to make the pictures larger

Hello Mother.. Hello Fa- whoops this is not a song.  Hello Reka

You know.  I spent an entire lifetime with at least one of you nearby at all times.  It's been a little weird to not see or hear either of your every time I turn around.  Every now and then I pass a mirror and think I see you mom.  The unicorn certainly had a sense of humor when he made me red with purple hair.  I like the purple hair.  It's not the same shade as yours but the red skin took some time to get used to.  I spent my entire first life being one of the non red Grims and now I'm in a town full of people who look at me like I'm an oddball.

Gilberto doesn't though.  He's always been a good egg.   He talked about getting married right away but I told him that I wanted us to just live together first.   He's never lived with any of us.  His visits were short and he's been gone.  I worry that he might not want to spend forever with me.  It's probably a bit silly but I have to know for sure.  He agreed. 

That very night he took me out for curry at the local bistro.   I think he was a little shocked when I said I wanted to eat it outside. 

Of course, he thought it was an ok idea once the heat got to him though.

I gave myself a new lifetime wish.  I think I want to try out these new magic powers in the garden.  I also decided to grab a job at the local science center. 

Gilberto decided he wanted to grab one too.  He's been living here for a while and made a lot of friends but he hadn't found something he wanted to be.  I think he just wanted to wait for me before becoming a daycare professional again.   That's right.  My babysitter has gone from being a pro in Lunar Lakes to being an amateur here in Hidden Springs.

Other than that it's just been work work work like you Mom.   Gilberto took a day off to attend the bachelor party his friends made him have.   From what I understand everyone had a good time.   There was a small incident of the dancer finding GIlberto attractive but we've already moved past that. 

I thought it was funny that Artie's old friend Jessica Willow was in in attendance.     We've also met several other friends of Artie's from his days in Hidden Springs.

Grannie Shue has succumbed to the lycanthropy epidemic sweeping the nation.

Renauld Vandersomething actually tried to get me to go on a date with him while I was standing there with Gilberto. 

Speaking of weird attractions, the repair man Tomas also asked me out a time or two. 

Other than creepy men, working and gardening - there's just been babies.   

We converted one of our rooms into the day care room.  Gilberto spends his days with the toddlers while I play with whatchamacallit gizmos. 

I think Gilberto is hoping that seeing him with the children will push me towards letting him keep his lifetime wish.  He wants 5 kids! Five!   I never thought I'd have one much less five!  Of course I've thought of children with him and he does make it hard to resist.  Especially when he does really sweet thigns.    Like the fairy castle he bought me as an engagement gift. 

Well that's really been all for my week.   Mother I miss you.   Reka good luck with George.  I have included copies of both your reports.  There's no reason to keep any secrets really since we all know the right side will obviously have luck on their side.

Always here --
   The Future Mrs. Mercer.. or is that the Future Mr Grim. ;D

Adrasteia: "Dinner is wonderful.  Thank you."
Gilberto: "The kids were taking naps so I had a moment to prepare.  Did you finish the notes to Reka and your mother?"
Adrasteia: "Yes.  I'm not going to be more active with them until you're ready for us to do so."
Gilberto: "That's what I wanted to talk to you about actually."

Gilberto: "Are you done waiting yet?"
Adrasteia: "Waiting for what?"
Gilberto: "The wedding."
Adrasteia: "What?!"
Gilberto: "I gave you a week to wiggle out your jitters but I want to marry you Addy."
Adrasteia: "You're absolutely sure?"
Gilberto: "Absolutely sure. "
-both pop wishes to get married-

Gilberto: "You've got two weeks to get over the jitters about children now."
Adrasteia: -chokes-
Gilberto: "Just kidding." -chuckles-

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Louise56

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 04:36:18 AM »
The daycare profession? You are very brave Rica! ;D
I'm looking forward to the wedding.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 08:28:47 AM »
Stuck already... Like quicksand. I'm absolutely in love with Addy! Wish I was that Gilberto fella...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 03:42:54 AM »
You are as innovative as ever, Rica. Three games, one story? Already this is more impressive than anyone else's Life States Dynasty, because you're doing two.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »
The daycare profession? You are very brave Rica! ;D
I'm looking forward to the wedding.

I've never done it before.  It's actually fun!

Stuck already... Like quicksand. I'm absolutely in love with Addy! Wish I was that Gilberto fella...
I like playing Addy but I'm trying to figure out what to do with her!  Gilberto knows I'm sure but he's not sharing

You are as innovative as ever, Rica. Three games, one story? Already this is more impressive than anyone else's Life States Dynasty, because you're doing two.
I'm not trying to be more impressive than anyone else - I just really wanted this story to come out this way.  I am having an absolute blast playing all three files right now.  It's hard to stop at the end of the week to make notes and switch games.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 2 Reka]
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
My little Addy,

It was good to hear from you and see how Gilberto is doing.  He's a good egghead.  It was good to see your mother settling in.  Tell her to just pick someone and go with it.  No need to drag it out and break all those men's hearts for nothing.

Anyway Back to me.  I'm not used to being on my own at all.   When I lived last, I was with your family and it was a full house all of the time.  There was even horses!  I feel different somehow since the randomizer and I'm not sure why.  I do believe that Pinky certainly helps.  She's a little scamp and I love spending time with her.  When we're not playing tug of war, I'm either with George or I'm inventing. 

I don't know what she does but she seems to love the rain but the thunder still startles her sometimes at night. 

As for things with George, well there are more options now than there were before.   I find myself thinking about him all the time actually.  I think he is officially the one for me to grab now that he's become a witch, too.   Like you used to be. 

Now that I'm a bit unluckier than before, I've noticed that I tend to need new clothes a lot more often.  It's doing nothing for my hair either.  I was glad the day that George asked me to the summer festival. 

Other than a few interruptions while we were talking, things haven't been so bad.

Reka: "Do you mind?"

Reka: "Fairies on Parade - Shoo!"

There seems to be a slight wing epidemic going on in Riverview right now.  We saw three more fairies at the festival.  George invited me to twirl with him on the spin with him on the skating rink.   It was a lot of fun but there were poor results to say the least.

Pinky's birthday was that night.  I got her a new ball to play with in the yard, a new collar and a new coat!

It was so funny watching her try to eat the sparkles.  George was still there with us and I asked him to stay over.   I also got up the nerve to go steady.

He readily agreed.  I lost sight of Pinky though in the excitement of it all. 

Apparently she find some of the local residents.  Miss Cantina is a werewolf, Melody is a fairy.

The Crosbies both get furry

and so does Jon Lessen. 

And this old lady has the smallest wings ever.  I think all the old people are getting the little wings.

What was I doing while Pinky met all the creatures of the night across the street?  I was getting a new roommate

Reka: "Aww you got me flowers! Move in.  Move in now."
George: "Ok!"

George's first priority had something to do with the elixir shop.  He decided to learn alchemy and I think I'll encourage him to keep his job as a cop for now.   Then of course, he got his new Reka made makeover.

He's just so hot.

I made sure that Pinky never felt ignored.  I even taught her how to hunt so that she would have more to do during the day other than meet everyone in Riverview.

We even managed to get a new friend.  About thirty seconds after I got his picture taken I sold him though.  We needed the money to buy George an alchemy table.   I feel like I've been falling behind on everything and there's just so much I want to show you. 

Like the new dog I adopted from the Lins.  He looks exactly like Pinky so we darkened his coat abit and got him a green collar in the shade of George's favorite color.  Both of the men were so tired though, they passed out shortly after Dexter's arrival.

I guess that's all I'll get in for this week.  I have some more photos I may share later.    I've gotten all of my opps done and 2 wishes.  My best friend for as long a she remembers her plasma fruit is the vampire Shirley Lin.  I do believe I'm doing ok.. Certainly better than the other one I hope.  :)

Cheers darling

Ricanote: If at any time this gets too tedious for the readers, I can always find a new way to write the story.  Just an option.  Like I said before - I'm loving the chance to play all of the girls and some very exciting things have happened recently which is always good in my book. 

More to come... hopefully.  All depends on if the baby decides to sleep or not!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 01:28:05 PM »
Great choice of spouse Reka. You are doing so much better then the other one  ;D

The story is great Rica it has the potential to get confusing for the reader though,might I suggest a small recap at the start of each chapter. Something like previously Reka moved in George and has complete one of her black opps. That kind of a thing.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 01:31:06 PM »
Nice suggestion!  I was thinking but just hadn't gotten around to it yet LOL.  I could start every chapter with "here's what you missed on glee"  I mean.  Sorry that's just stuck in my head because my brother in law has been watching it with the baby. ;D 

And it's sad but true about Reka doing better than Airica.   Reka is at the end of week 3 in my game play ( I was having way too much fun) and Airica is still on week 2 so I'll do a comparison then. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 02:53:28 PM »
Major improvement in George Dean's looks! He was a werewolf in my version of Riverview, as was Hal Breckinridge. Hal is still around, and not an elder yet.

Reka's change in personality seems to have been for the good.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 03:06:38 PM »
Team Reka! ;D I'm still trying to decide if I prefer the old, vengeful Reka or the seemingly reformed one....
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 2 Rica]
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
The Grim Recap: (title a work in progress LOL)

Reka & Airica get pushed into a battle of the dynasties where each one has to do their own Life States Dynasty.   Addy is made their watcher and Artie shows them the top secret use of the mailbox to send in reports.  While Reka is having  a good time in Riverview, Airica starts out well but lives a boring life over in Sunset Valley.  So far she's been attracted to all the wrong men and hasn't decided on one.   She started her career in the culinary field and struggles to get her promotions thanks to that lovely Loser trait.   Other than that she's gotten 2 BlackOps and nothing else.   

Hello rosebud,

Bravo on making sure Gilberto is ready to live with a Grim.  While some of us just aren't the same due to that confounded contraption, at least you are sure he can handle your real self.   I have to say that being a loser is the complete opposite of being insane.  At least being insane you can have fun all by yourself.   I find myself struggling a little bit getting my promotions.  My garden is going good and my cooking is doing alright.   I still haven't found the one I plan on procreating with.  None of them really tip my fancy.  Well I did have the urge to kiss Stiles the other day but it was full moon and he's dating Emma. So I resisted. 

My week really was boring.  If I could live my life on speed 3, I'd be grateful.  To try and figure out if there were any eligible men out there for me to meet, I did try some new things.

Yes I did start a fire.  Actually several but that blasted Lillian Gore kept showing up.  She and I are becoming close friends but I had wanted to meet her roommate Adam the firefighter.  I'm guessing that's not going to happen but I can keep trying.

The Bunches left town, Mortimer & Agnes have been shocked to death.  I went to check on Parker.  I thought finally a break when I saw that he was a fairy.  There's no attraction but he's attractive.. and apparently he's dating Leighton Sekemoto the werewolf.  I mean really?   Time to track down Gage Briody or someone and see how that works out.

Even Jared is a fairy.  I guess he heard I liked red wings from Parker so he got himself a pair.   Sorry Jared - you're mean and I need you for cheap recipes. 

The only other excitement to come from my week was a burglar!

I couldn't believe that I was getting robbed but I figured "Hey here's a chance for a male cop to appear."

Nope - the cop was female. The burglar was male though - I may have to just settle for someone but who?

Otherwise I'm doing fine.  My third BlackOp achieved, I have at least one best friend who is supernatural and no one else in the household for them to be friends with.  I did finish one skill challenge.  I'm barely level 6 in cooking and I've already got the Menu Maven.  It just keeps getting easier and easier. 

I hope you don't leave Gilberto waiting too much longer dear.  I want to see pictures of the nooboos as soon as you decide to have one or more.  Remember sometimes triplets can run in the family.  There was this one time with Artie and his fairy wife.. That's a story for another time.   I miss you.  I even miss Artie.  I used to like Sunset Valley but it keeps me in the dynasty mind set and I'm just not having much fun these days.   That and it feels like I'm being watched some nights.

Please find out who's in charge of fate and let them know I've had enough. 

Lonely & Frustrated in Sunset Valley --
   Me

Sable Horse: "You should probably know that we know you're here and you're watching.  If we find you interfere in anyway, you will be be made to pay... dearly."
Space Rock: *chirp - whir - poof/Despawn*

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 2!]
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 03:23:52 PM »
Poor Airica. Reka seems to be going great but Airica isn't. I still think you are crazy to start two life state dynasties and have another thing going on at the same time. (Addy)
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 2!]
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 03:30:20 PM »

"Sable Horse: "You should probably know that we know you're here and you're watching.  If we find you interfere in anyway, you will be be made to pay... dearly."
Space Rock: *chirp - whir - poof/Despawn*
"

That was funny.. Yep she's being watch and they got caught. Poor Rica.

anything