Author Topic: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 18 - Airica]  (Read 148965 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 6 - Addy]
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2012, 03:01:42 AM »

Oh . . . my . . . cute overload! Christmas fairy-rainboos just in time for the season! And the matching outfits! It's too much! *explodes from cute*

SimBlip

Hi, Rica!
What a fantastic trio of stories! I'm very grateful for the grim recaps at the beginning of each update. It helps processing all the information. If the count is right, you're raising 12 kiddies in total - total madness! I'm loving every moment of it! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Okay ... after a marahon reading the ENTIRE Lunar Legacy yesterday and today and then flying through this (on the clock  :-X) I am now officially caught up.  Loving this hard.  I think I'm pulling for Reka, just because she got such a sad fate last time ... even her wedding day was ruined.  Or, you know, a tie ... a tie would be cool.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Oh . . . my . . . cute overload! Christmas fairy-rainboos just in time for the season! And the matching outfits! It's too much! *explodes from cute*

Oh my!  Well you know what the cure for cuteness explosion is right?  More cuteness.  I'm having issues fitting it all into one update each!

Hi, Rica!
What a fantastic trio of stories! I'm very grateful for the grim recaps at the beginning of each update. It helps processing all the information. If the count is right, you're raising 12 kiddies in total - total madness! I'm loving every moment of it! :)

Actually the thirteenth was born just the other night and we won't even get into my baby boom testing file!   I'm glad that you're enjoying it.  I know I am.  Just wish it wasn't so hard to stop playing them some days.

Okay ... after a marahon reading the ENTIRE Lunar Legacy yesterday and today and then flying through this (on the clock  :-X) I am now officially caught up.  Loving this hard.  I think I'm pulling for Reka, just because she got such a sad fate last time ... even her wedding day was ruined.  Or, you know, a tie ... a tie would be cool.

That's a lot of reading! (don't worry I won't tell)  Thank you for the kind words and welcome aboard!  I always had a soft spot for Reka but you know she is an evil doll who kind of has a vendetta so I can't get too attached anymore..   I'm hoping for a resolution that works in everyone's favor maybe.  Reka seems to like her new husband more than she ever did Aker though.   She pops wishes for George left & right and she was never this active the first time around.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Well it's good she found someone she really loves.

By samoht04

Offline Dellyo82

• Nooboo
May I say I love your stories? I recently read Lunar Lunacy and had a blast while reading! :D I was so thrilled to see you are continuing with the family! And now three stories at once, wow. :)

You have the cutest toddlers, too! My favorite picture is the one with Kuusi and Quintessa flying... Need fairy babies. Now! ;)

When I started reading this, I was rooting for Airica, but now, not so sure anymore... can't wait to see how this turns out! :)

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
Wh...How?! How on Earth did I miss this?? I just don't get it...
But ANYway, congrats on 13 (wow. Seriously.) nooboos, especially the Christmas nooboos! And the fairyboos! So cute... And kudos to you for juggling three stories in one thread. It's an amazing concept, and I must say it's working very well. Can't wait to see what happens next! :)
That shot of the fairy kids playing in the snow... wow. Just... wow. :')
I must say, Reka always scared me a bit, I'm rooting for Airica myself. Me no likey scary dollies... :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
May I say I love your stories? I recently read Lunar Lunacy and had a blast while reading! :D I was so thrilled to see you are continuing with the family! And now three stories at once, wow. :)

You have the cutest toddlers, too! My favorite picture is the one with Kuusi and Quintessa flying... Need fairy babies. Now! ;)

When I started reading this, I was rooting for Airica, but now, not so sure anymore... can't wait to see how this turns out! :)

Thank you Dellyo.  It really means a lot to hear someone has enjoyed my writing.   Thank you for the compliment on the kids.  I have to say Kuusi and Quintessa were my favorites last time I checked but it's been some time since I played them.  I'm about to remedy that tomorrow.

I know what you mean about who to root for.  I guess we'll all figure it out and hope that nothing major has gone wrong.

Wh...How?! How on Earth did I miss this?? I just don't get it...
But ANYway, congrats on 13 (wow. Seriously.) nooboos, especially the Christmas nooboos! And the fairyboos! So cute... And kudos to you for juggling three stories in one thread. It's an amazing concept, and I must say it's working very well. Can't wait to see what happens next! :)
That shot of the fairy kids playing in the snow... wow. Just... wow. :')
I must say, Reka always scared me a bit, I'm rooting for Airica myself. Me no likey scary dollies... :P

Thanks MissMaths!   Yeah that's a lot of nooboos but considering I just finished baby boomers where my couple had 36 kids - 13 feels like a breeze now.  Most of them were children when I left them

To all my faithful readers, updates will come shortly -- I did the two current challenges for the tournament and turned my mind to mush.   Lots of upgrades and lots of nooboos makes Rica a little  :o.    I also have over 50 screenshots to suddenly turn into 25 somehow.     This story will resume as soon as I can wrap my  head around it again and make sure that my files still play.

Oh and as always I'm busy with some nooboos on the homefront.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 7 - Reka]
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »
The Grim Recap: 

This watcher is so out of story telling practice she doesn't know what to do with herself.  She barely even knows the kids anymore.  Two challenges later and we find ourself with three Doll toddlers who are actually witches, three Grim toddlers who are witches and a wolf, and two fairy christmas twins who are absolutely adorable.  Reka & Airica had triplets within hours of each other so the race is still tied.  Now here's hoping the watcher remembers which are requirements for the dynasty and not the baby boomers.

Potty Training...... check
Learning to Walk..... check
Learning to Talk..... double check

Adrasteia: "You know a wonderful bird named Ratchie told me that toddler training isn't mandatory."
Reka: "Yes but then my kids would get random bad traits."
Adrasteia: "They get random traits anyway."
Reka: "Yes but this way I'll know they get them from the whole pool of possibilities."
Adrasteia: "Huh.. Ok."

Adrasteia: "Naturally your kids would get a set of dolls."
Reka: "Naturally."
Adrasteia: "Andy.. I think your doll is jealous that you're playing with the bear version."
Reka: "Oh that's not good.  Don't want to make the dolls jealous."
Adrasteia: "Well they can't actually marry an IF anyway."
Reka: "I know.  Which is sad in a way."
Adrasteia: "Not really.   There can be only one.  And that's you cupcake."
Reka: "Ok back to training."

Ken: "It won't go in!"
Barbie: "I'll make it go in."
Andy: "I think you're trying the wrong one."
------------
Barbie: "Nomnomnom."
Adrasteia: "Umm.. sweetie."
Ken: "Ears don't eat mallets.. mouths do!"
Adrasteia: "Reka.. come see this child's face.." -chuckles-

Reka: "Not everything is about training though.  See.. we feed them."
Adrasteia: "Oh I know but really at this point it's all about the training."
George: "At least they're cute."
Adrasteia: "Yeah when they sleep. "

Adrasteia: "Yay my favorite time of the day! Birthday time!"
Reka: "Whoo!  No more dirty potty chairs."
Adrasteia: "Just dirty toilets, showers, rooms..."
Reka: "You're kind of bumming me out."
George: "Andy! Where'd your hair go?"
Adrasteia: "Ken!  Where'd your face go?"
Reka: "I can't believe you guys are all grown up.  Time to get a room built for you guys.   George, Addy I leave you two to get their wardobes figured out."
Adrasteia: "You're too kind.  C'mon kids.. "

Andy Fable: Loves the Outdoors, Heavy Sleeper, Animal Lover

Barbie Fable: Loves the Outdoors, Loves the Cold, Frugal

Ken Fable: Athletic, Friendly, Party Animal

Adrasteia: "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?"
Ken: "But this is more fun!"
Adrasteia: "You really should get some more sleep though buddy. "
Ken: "Oh alright.. thanks for the new room."
Adrasteia: "You're welcome.  I forgot a hamper though apparently.  Hop in bed and I'll just take care of that really quick."

Reka: "Mwahahaha Rain no more!"
Adrasteia: -chuckles- "I see George came through for you."
Reka: "Of course he did."

George: "I did it! I learned the potion!"
Reka: "You did?  Is it safe?""
Adrasteia: "If you can take it, why not try it."
Reka: "Ok.. down the hatch."

Adrasteia: "Hey.. it's kind of dark.  Don't you guys think you should go inside and maybe think about dinner and bed?"
Ken: "We were kicked outside by our parents for a little bit."
Adrasteia: "That's odd.."

Adrasteia: "...oh."

Adrasteia: "Where's the boys?"
George: "Spending time in the new playground until it's their turn."
Reka: "Yep.  The kids must have an  A soon so they can get honor roll."
George: "Yes dear.  I know."
Adrasteia: -snickers-

Andy: "Whee!"
Ken: "These are better than the ones up in our room."
Adrasteia: "They're not bad.  The festival has started.  Why don't you guys go visit it?"
Barbie: "Can I go?"
George: "Go ahead, baby girl.  I need a nap really quick."
Kids: "Yay!"

Andy: "How could you possibly have room for a snocone after all those hot dogs?"
Ken: "What?  I'm a growing boy."

Adrasteia: "It's so sad that they're both at the end of their life bars now."
Reka: "That's why we try to spend as much time as we can with them."

Reka: "Aww nooboo."
Adrasteia: "Helping George with his lifetime wish?"
Reka: "Yeah how could I possibly refuse him when he's just so cute?  Plus it's weird not having babies around anymore."
Adrasteia: "Only room for one more.  You'll have to do it again for his wish."
Reka: "Or we could adopt."
Adrasteia: "Actually I don't think you can."
Reka: "Oh.  Well then that's fine too.  We'll just wait for my little Pinky to go with Grim and then we can have another one I guess. "
Adrasteia: "Or you could give pinky the pet YA potion and kick her kids out."
Reka: "No no.  That seems cruel."

Reka: "Almost done.."
Adrasteia: "Back to work huh?"
Reka: "Why wouldn't I?"
Adrasteia: "Nevermind."

Reka: "Kids.. your dad has a friend coming over with their little girl.  Don't forget to greet her."
Ken: "Okay Mom.  Right now we're racing though."
Barbie: "And I'm winning!"
Andy: "That's what you think."

Belinda Condon: "Mom I'm not sure I want to play with these kids.   I'm told the Grim Reaper lives her or something."
Jesse Condon: "Oh honey.. the things you'll believe.  The Grim Reaper never lives in Sim Nation. "
Adrasteia: -snickers-
Belinda: "What was that?"
Jesse: "You're imagining things.  Why don't you go join the tag game the kids having going while I go talk to George and his very pregnant wife."

Reka: "Owww."
George: "Ahhh!"
Jesse:  "Ahhh!  "
Adrasteia: "Oh come on.  We've all done this before.   In fact, the trips are children.. just go to the hospital."
Reka: "Not sure I'm going to make it."

Reka: "Nope couldn't make it."
Adrasetia: "Oh hello Nooboo.  What are you going to call her?"
Reka: "I don't know."
Adrasteia: "Oo wait I know!  Fourth wall internet says that Barbie's little sister has to be called Skipper."
Reka: "Skipper?"
Adrasteia: "It's cute."
Reka: "Ok then.. Hello Skipper."
Adrasteia: "Yes.  Hello Skipper.  Welcome to the fun!"
George: -pops wish for another baby-
Adrasteia: -giggles uncontrollably-

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Barbie, Skipper, Stacie, and Kelly! ;D And congrats on the nooboos!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Oh man, Barbie was a cute toddler.  And lucky going that two of them (so far) got the amazing IF eyes.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Skipper, that's cute. Congrats on all the adorable nooboos and nooboos-turned-kids!

By samoht04

Louise56

Congrats on all the birthdays. The triplets look cute in their new outfits. Welcome little Skipper! :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty) [New Chapter: Week 7 - Airica]
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
The Grim Recap:

Reka & Airica got thrown into a head to head by The Boss.  Now they're in a race to see who can finish first.  Airica just wants to prove to Reka that it's harder than it seems.  Reka just wants revenge.  Or does she?  Lately she seems really distracted by all the children she suddenly has.  Three heir possibilities and all of them cuties.  Now she has a new one to huggle and snuggle with her man George.  Is the doll going soft?  What about Airica?  Last time we saw her, she too had just had triplets but lucky for Airica there was only one heir.  Cute little Tala the wolf.   Now the ultimate question - keep them all the same age or rapid age the unneeded to up just to get them out of the house? 

While one speaks to the baby boomer in me -- the dynasty player in me has trouble letting go.. Guess we'll see!

Adrasteia: "You know toddler training is not required.  Rachel says so. And you know Rachel.  She's the queen."
Airica: "It feels weird to not show the kids where to put the stinky stuff.  I don't want to be changing diapers until Tala finishes her requirements."
Adrasteia: "Understandable but isn't that what wolfman here is for?"
Malcolm: "Oh no.  Don't bring me into this."
----------
Tala: "Mommy hungry."
Airica: -claps- "Yes she is.  Just a few more words sweetie and then we can both eat and then Daddy will teach you to walk.. and to hunt."
Tala: "Hunt Hunt Hunt.  Me Wanna Hunt!"
-----------
Tala: "Daddy I did it!"
Malcolm: "Yay sweetie you did it!"
Tala: "Hunt now."
Malcolm: "No.  Finish you training become friends with me then night night time."
Tala: "No Naps!"
Malcolm: "Sweetie - you're tired."
Tala: "No Naps!"

Malcolm: "Ok sweetheart..Howl like Daddy.."
Adrasteia: "That is the cutest thing I've ever seen."
Malcolm: "Wait til you see this.  Tala.. show big sissy how you hunt.  Get into your stance."
Adrasteia: "Wow.  Just.. I think a small part of me just exploded from cuteness.  I need to adopt a cub I think."
Malcolm: "You need to what?"

Airica: "Birthday time!  Tala finished her pegbox and xylophone."
Adrasteia: "Yay and a whole day ahead of Reka.  Go Tala."

Tala: "Hey what's that on my nose?"
Airica: "Looks like a bump."
Malcolm: "I think one of the sparkles bit her."
Tala: "I may have bit at them too."
Malcolm: -chuckles-
Adrasteia: "Ok kids.. wardrobe time.  Why do you all have to like the color gray?"

Little Man Ulric up first - He added bookworm to  loner / heavy sleeper

Lupe added artistic to neurotic & genius.

Hey!  Where did Tala go?

Tala: -uses that new Brave trait to peek under the bed-
Smoke comes from under the bed.
Tala: -screams and runs to the other room- "Ahh!"
Adrasteia: "Oh come on there's nothin--- AHH Monster!"
Malcolm: "Is my little wolf scared of a bed monster?"
Tala: "That's a great idea!"

Adrasteia: "Well you were cute.. I still need you to go over to the dresser little lady."
Tala: "Now the bed monster can be scared of me!"
Airica: "Oh that reminds me.  You're all signed up for ballet now."
Adrasteia: "Tala - wardrobe now."
Malcolm: "Then bed.  You guys have school in the morning."
Triplets in Unison: "Aww dad.."
Tala: "I won't sleep in the middle bed."

Tala's new wardrobe - Her traits are now Evil, Genius & Brave.

Airica: "That's right kids.. eat a good breakfast before your first day of school.   Tala you'll have tutoring after ballet class."
Tala: "What?!  Nooo."
Adrasteia: "Welcome to being the heir.  "

Malcolm: "How dare you skip school!"
Tala: "It's only 9:05, Dad!"
Malcolm: "I'm so disappointed in you!"
Tala: "I was washing your dishes! Maybe you should get a job in acting - you certainly have that star attitude.  I'm going to school."

Adrasteia: "Lupe?  You ok sweetie?"
Ulric: "She watched Dad and Tala change.  Tried to get her to follow me but nooo.  She just wanted to watch. "
Adrasteia: "Oh."
Ulric: "Tala went first and you should see what Dad did."
Adrasteia: "Ut oh."

Adrasteia: "Well aren't you two .. wait.. what are you sitting in?"
Malcolm: "And two werewolves plus two chickens equals zero chickens."
Tala: "Wait what? I thought two plus two was four."
Malcolm: "Not when it's wolves and chickens."
Adrasteia: "You are ignoring me, aren't you?"
Airica: "Probably... I'm sure you can guess what the puddle is.  A result from letting his daughter change first. Off to a full moon party."

Tala: "Mom!  We're home!  I want to show you something."
Airica: "Did you finish your tutoring?"
Tala: "Yep I have an A and I know how to plie.  Watch!"
Airica: "That's great, rosebud.  What are the others doing?
Tala: "I don't know.  Can I go hunting now?
Airica: "No.  Homework first."
Tala: "Nooo."
Adrasteia: "One day you'll be able to boss your kids around too."
Tala: "You bet I will."

Lupe: "Eureka!"
Malcolm: "Well done darling.  Maybe when you're a little older we can have you do some alchemy."
Lupe: "I like potions better.  They make more sense."
Malcolm: "The ingredients are imaginary!"
Lupe: "But they're made logically - not throw a few things in a cauldron and hope it comes out.  You'll never become a frog from making a potion."
Adrasteia: "It's always a rough day for a parent when the kids have a point."

Tala: "And I the queen decree that the sacrifices shall begin at once.. and it all starts with you little lamb."
Adrasteia: -sniff- "She's growing up so well."

Lupe: "Ha.  Almost!"
Ulric: "I'm so close to getting you Tala!"
Tala: "You'll never be able to get me.  I'm a wolf and I have better reflexes!"
Adrasteia: "Don't get cocky kid."
Tala: "What?  It's true -- Oof!" -gets hit in the stomach-
Lupe: "Take that better reflexes." -laughing-

Adrasteia: "Look at you learning something new. "
Malcolm: "It's only because we all drink these potions like candy."
Adrasteia: "They are kind of awesome though."
Malcolm: "Yes it helps.  Not sure I understand all the mumbo jumbo that Airica told me about but with your arrival it's started to make sense.  Now to prepare Tala for it all. "
Adrasteia: "Do you grudge her?"
Malcolm: "Oh no.  Strange things happen in this town.  Christopher Steel and Agnes always mumbling about dynasties and what have you.   Pauline Wan crying over becoming a vampire again.  Hank Goddard wondering why he couldn't get a nice pair of wings instead of fangs.  Jared Frio wondering why the wings didn't work to get your mother.  You know.. strange things.  Oh and that green lady that comes every couple of nights for no reason."

Ulric: "Can I join you?"
Tala: "Of course! These are awesome."
Lupe: "Aww but it's tutoriing time for me."
Ulric: "Shouldn't take long - you'll be out here with us in no time."
Adrasteia: -yawning- "Isn't it a bit early for playground fun?"
Tala: "Never!"

Tala: "Well hello pretty kitty.  Want to come inside and play?"
Airica: "Tala I thought you were headed to the festival with the others?"
Tala: "Oh yea.. Mom you play with him."
Airica: "What?  Oh ok.  Hello playful kitty.   Let's be friends huh?"

Tala: "Just a quick snack..."
Adrasteia: "Tala!  What are you doing?!"
Tala: "Getting lunch."
Adrasteia: "That's so... so.. weird."
Tala: "You drink a little drink that comes from pollen like a bird.  Who are you to judge me?"
Adrasteia: "The watcher.. So neener neener."

Leave an evil child alone for 5 minutes and.. yeah.

Adrasteia: "End of the week.  Anything you want to add?"
Airica: "I miss the forum.  I miss reading other people's stories.  I miss my cat."
Adrasteia: "Ok."
Airica: "Oh and you've been a little here or there.. Everything ok?"
Adrasteia: "Oh.. about that.  We had a little problem.  I'll fill you in soon.  Promise."
Airica: "Wait a minute.  You'll tell me right now."
Adrasteia: "Nope sorry.. bye."
Airica: "Adrasteia! Ooh I'm so going to get you.  Just wait til Artie shows up again."
Adrasteia: "When did Artie show up?"
Airica: "I'm not telling you now."

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Tala is a terrifying werewolf. Her traits totally suit her.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations