Author Topic: Castle Simalot 64x64 residential lot  (Read 8964 times)

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
Castle Simalot 64x64 residential lot
« on: November 30, 2012, 01:52:43 AM »
By far the oldest man made structure in simland with the exception of the mysterious Simhenge, this castle is rumored to have been the home of the legendary King Simthur and his knights of the octagonal table. Containing in it's sturdy walls it's own water source, farm, stable and blacksmith King Simthur was able to outlast the Gnomeheim Siege. In recent years however, it's just been a local tourist attraction until some wealthy sim bought it to use as his own private residence.

Suggested lot, 1 Bob's Road, Sunrise Valley.

I've never used CFE so extensively in any build before.

If you've noticed my signature you'll know I don't have the Pets EP so the stable is just a little hut and fence just for decoration. Same with Blacksmith although to my knowladge there is no EP that adds blacksmiths so I guess there wouldn't be any confusion there anyway.

With that out of the way here's a closer look at those two on either side of the main keep's entrance way.

In this next screen shot  I try to give a better view of the farm and water source mentioned in the description but the trees make it difficult. Just about an inch above the stable in the bottom of the image you can just barely make out a pond under the trees.

and in case you're wondering about the insides of the turrets...

I'm not bothering with screen shots of the main keep's interior because, well, I wasn't very enthused about decorating and I know everyone will just decorate to their own liking after downloading anyway so suffice to say it has...

8 Bedrooms
2 Bathrooms
1 Kitchen
1 Dining Hall
1 Living Room
1 Nectar Cellar

Can't have a castle without a Nectar Cellar now can we. That would just be crazy talk. ;)

Furnished Price: $536,216
Unfurnished Price $362,698

Requires Ambitions, Late  Night and World Adventurer.
Currently only works on the lot it was built on, 1 Bob's Road Sunrise Valley. :(

My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Re: Castle Simalot 64x64 residential lot
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »
You just built an entire castle......All I can say is....AWESOME!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 04:35:26 AM »
I really, really like this.  :D

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »
Lots of potential with this lot.  You mentioned in the history of the place about it being a tourist attraction at one point.  I was thinking I could convert the main building into a museum and use the grounds as a festival park.  I might work on that.  Thanks!

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:51:27 AM »
ooh that's a good idea. I was thinking it could just be rezoned as a hangout or something as is but a Festival Grounds in a Castle courtyard sounds pretty cool.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »
Yep, going to make that my next project. :)  Get my head around festival lots.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 11:48:51 AM »
So gorgeous.  I like the roof, especially, castle roofing is hard to get right bu you've done an awesome job!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »
I downloaded the lot but when I placed it, the whole lot was about two full floors up.  So I think I'll build my own from scratch but yours is the inspiration. :)

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 10:32:07 AM »
I downloaded the lot but when I placed it, the whole lot was about two full floors up.  So I think I'll build my own from scratch but yours is the inspiration. :)

oh dear, what lot did you place it on?

I replaced it from the libraray after saving but only on the same lot I built it on. I didn't try it on other lots.

Wow, this is disappointing. I just did a little testing in a new game and apparently the only lot it will place properly on is the lot it was built on. 1 Bob's road Sunrise Valley. All the way up on the mountain side. I don't get why though. a 64x64 lot is a 64x64 lot. I don't see why it would matter which 64x64 lot it gets placed on.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons