Author Topic: Excavation Sites  (Read 13995 times)

Offline bestistbuddy

• Nooboo
Excavation Sites
« on: November 29, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a map or list of where the excavating sites are in each vacation place. I spend too much time with the game on pause searching for a site for them to excavate. Then when I do find one I can't remember where it is the next time I got back there.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Excavation Sites
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:00:51 PM »
I'm sure there must be a map somewhere.  Sorry, I don't know where.

I make a point of purchasing "the tears of horace" available from the special merchant in Egypt when you have a level two visa.  It works like the "collection helper"  but shows treasure in tombs and all excavation sites.  Very useful.  With this, you don't need a map. 
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bestistbuddy

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:01:14 AM »
Great, thanks.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:37:33 PM »
In China go to the abandoned barn, go up the hill behind it to get  to the graveyard.  Often I find a excavation site just around that corner, on the left.  Continue up and sometmes I find one close to the curve, just at the graveyard.

In Egypt, near the tomb or the Queen (don't ask me to spell her name, LOL) in the dug out area often there is a excavation site, sometimes I have found them if you follow up the road above, there are two or three entrances to what looks like tomb openings, but there are boulders blocking them.  I am wondering if they can be busted with the axe.
There is another site, use the map to see it, where you can see a double dug out area, like from a dig, and somtimes in one of them you will find an excavation site.

France, at the Burial Mound, where there is a small hill that is surrounded by stones, make me think of Stonehenge around the tombstones, there a site, also in the center of the stones sometimes is a pipe (?) hole and you find something there. 

Those are the only ones that I know of.  Hope that helps.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »
I find excavation sites around the large rocks in China. That would be a good place to try looking.

Offline Callum5641

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 06:14:18 PM »
Excavation sites only have a spawner. They don't actually have a paticular place that they always show up. But when you find one keep going to that area and they should keep popping up. Or if you want them at home use the BuyDebug cheat and go to the spawners and they will be in there. Hope this helps, Happy Simming.

anything