Author Topic: Raking Leaves  (Read 36327 times)

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
Raking Leaves
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:23:39 AM »
This is a bit of a stupid question but how do you rake leaves? I've tried clicking on my sim, clicking on the tree, clicking on the ground around the tree and have played till the last day in Autumn.

Offline KachieSan

• Nooboo
Re: Raking Leaves
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:54:57 AM »
First: You need to have a deciduous tree in your yard, not an evergreen. I realized this myself when I spent my first Autumn with no leaves.

With a deciduous tree in your yard, you shall get shed leaves! Click the ground where the leaves are, and the option should pop up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 11:41:28 PM »
Thank you. I'm off to play till Autumn and try.  :)

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:28:22 AM »
My sim has raked leaves but can never get pile big enough.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:32:44 AM »
It takes quite a while for the pile to get big.  I just left my sim to rake and finally, they could woohoo in it and play in it.  Really cute when they play in the leaves. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Louise56

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 12:45:21 PM »
My sim's maid rake a big pile of leaves. I was kind off surprised to see the maid do it.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »
I would think you woud either need a big tree, or several small ones to get enough leaves to make a big pile.  I had one small tree and it seemed that the pile stayed small.  Then added some more trees, yard looked so bare; now they have leaves galore!  Can't be evergreens; they don't shed leaves; needles in real life, but no leaves.

Boney will rake leaves, it can be a pain though, as she ignores the household chores to rake them.  I have to dismiss her, then a couple of minutes later wake her up to get the house clean. 
I think it is funny the whoohoo in the leaves; my sims had that wish come up and so I let them.  The stack of leaving popping up and down, then to the sides was kinda funny to watch.  They came out happy and needing to take a shower, but I am sure they felt it was worth it.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 01:44:59 PM »
My sim spent ages raking leaves and she finally got a pile big enough for her and her husband to fulfill her wish to woohoo when the maid came over and cleaned it up  :'(

The next one she made I used move objects and hid it in the garage so nobody disposed of it till they had the chance to use it.

I did have one odd thing though, I do use Twallans woohooer on non challenge games so not sure if that was to blame, but when she first raked some leaves as a teen she rolled the wish to woohoo in a leaf pile, I didn't think teens rolled those sorts of wishes  ???

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Raking Leaves
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 02:55:38 PM »
My sim spent ages raking leaves and she finally got a pile big enough for her and her husband to fulfill her wish to woohoo when the maid came over and cleaned it up  :'(

The next one she made I used move objects and hid it in the garage so nobody disposed of it till they had the chance to use it.

I did have one odd thing though, I do use Twallans woohooer on non challenge games so not sure if that was to blame, but when she first raked some leaves as a teen she rolled the wish to woohoo in a leaf pile, I didn't think teens rolled those sorts of wishes  ???

With TWALLENS Woohooer mod your teen can. That's all I'm gonna say on that subject.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 11:10:58 AM »
Do all trees have to be in same place or can be all round lot?

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 02:02:04 PM »
All around the lot.  I  I place trees in the location that I think is best for that lot, location and number depends on other trees close by.  The more trees, the more leaves falling, just as in real life.   

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 11:10:57 AM »
I've been playing in my 64x64 castle lot and I've given up on raking. I had a small army of 9 sims raking around the clock for 3 or for days with needs static but there are just too many trees on that lot.

I'll try waiting for the last leaves to fall and then put the army back to work and see if they can get them all raked up before they get buried under snow.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »
I've been playing in my 64x64 castle lot and I've given up on raking. I had a small army of 9 sims raking around the clock for 3 or for days with needs static but there are just too many trees on that lot.

I'll try waiting for the last leaves to fall and then put the army back to work and see if they can get them all raked up before they get buried under snow.

It takes INSANELY long to rake leaves... I have to say I don't put trees on my lot because I just can't tolerate having to rake all of them and leaving them just messes with my perfectionism.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 08:35:09 AM »
"It takes INSANELY long to rake leaves... I have to say I don't put trees on my lot because I just can't tolerate having to rake all of them and leaving them just messes with my perfectionism."

I just pictured you here at my home and had to laugh.  We have eight trees in our yard.  Not only do we have lots of leaves, the neighbors leaves get blown into our yard. 
When we moved into our home, no trees!  I took care of that fast, I LOVE trees.  Hubby does get the first few leaves that drop, but at the end, he just mulches them for the grass.  The stragglers are just left on the ground.  In spring, when it is time to cut grass, they just get mulched up.  He doesn't have to rake, though.  He sucks them up and fills up bags. 

My sims just have one day till spring happening, so I get to find out what happens to the leaves; have lots of them also and didn't rake any of them.  Kids did for a wish, but only until wish was fulfilled.   

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 06:24:28 PM »
I just pictured you here at my home and had to laugh.  We have eight trees in our yard.  Not only do we have lots of leaves, the neighbors leaves get blown into our yard. 
When we moved into our home, no trees!  I took care of that fast, I LOVE trees.  Hubby does get the first few leaves that drop, but at the end, he just mulches them for the grass.  The stragglers are just left on the ground.  In spring, when it is time to cut grass, they just get mulched up.  He doesn't have to rake, though.  He sucks them up and fills up bags. 

My sims just have one day till spring happening, so I get to find out what happens to the leaves; have lots of them also and didn't rake any of them.  Kids did for a wish, but only until wish was fulfilled.   

Bahah! Let me know if they go away... it would bug me if they were just there... all the time.