Author Topic: Seasons glitches  (Read 11189 times)

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
Seasons glitches
« on: November 27, 2012, 06:11:19 AM »
Hey all,
 So I only got the game last night, and I've now played through all the seasons.  My trial family one of the sims started to gain the athletic skill all on her own without using any training objects, often gaining skill levels in her sleep! Has anyone else experienced this?
I have also had children and teen sims turn up on love day ready to trick or treat!? I was so confused!

Does anyone have these strange things happening!

Cheers.

Dellena

Re: Seasons glitches
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:46:12 AM »
I don't, sorry.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »
I know that some people have mentioned they were having glitches like that in the First Impressions topic. You should look there to see if anybody is having the same problems as you.

Heres the link: www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,13239.0.html

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 02:22:03 AM »
Snufflesxx says that she had Trick or Treaters in spring, when I'm assuming love day is (I have only played through Autumn and Summer).

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 02:52:05 AM »
So I only got the game last night, and I've now played through all the seasons.  My trial family one of the sims started to gain the athletic skill all on her own without using any training objects, often gaining skill levels in her sleep!

By the sounds of it, that's a variant of an old exploit. Way back when, you could have a Sim watch Cooking Channel (etc), then have a secondary Sim come in and play a Video Game on the same TV. The Sim would continue to raise the skill, and they'd even do so in their sleep. You could have 3 or 4 skills training at once. That's how I first made Ambrosia with Gobias Koffi. Anyway, EA fixed that exploit in an early patch. :(

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 05:17:57 AM »
Hmm, interesting. I'll have to look through the first impressions to see if anything strange is happening to others. Thanks everyone!

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 05:24:18 PM »
I've been having lots of strange behavior.

Having a greeting card photo made sometimes works and other times my sim will just get stuck in the booth with the interaction never finishing.

Festival grounds often doesn't reload the new seasons festival after a season change so in most game saves I've only seen the summer festival. I found I can bulldoze the lot and replace it with a new festival grounds from the library to get it to load the new season's festival. Kind of a pain.

Having trouble getting trick-or-treat option to show up on the doors of neighbors even when it is on one of the correct days and my teen is in costume. One time the option did show up and I clicked it but my teen never went up to the door. She just stood there on the side walk doing her idle animations.

Also having trouble getting friends and acquaintances to show up for any parties other than house parties.

Lot's of problems here. Any one else getting any of these?
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lily87

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 05:17:49 AM »
I've had the athletic skill one.  It always leveled up at around 10pm each night, and confused me so much.

I'm not sure if it counts as a glitch, but my sims seem to get a lot of days off, and not just for the holidays/babies/weddings.  Also, when they have days off, they still get the carpool notice, so I stop them and get them ready, and then it never comes.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 11:30:41 AM »
I have had lots of problems with seasons. The building bug, the fridge routing problem, game crashing to desktop, horrible lag, ever showing zombies and some other weird stuff. I'd say it's time for a patch. Then there is this weird no in game sound when using video, although in the movies there is sound. This is the first time since I had this much trouble. Although I love seasons it makes me want to stop playing.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 12:25:47 PM »
For those that claim to have the athletic skill problem - have you recently had children playing tag with the Sim that was getting the athletic skill?

There's a glitch/exploit that sometimes when you start playing tag with a bunch of people that sometimes after you've moved on to other things the Sims are still getting relationship bonuses all the way up to best friend.  I was wondering if maybe they could be related.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Louise56

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »
I have had lots of problems with seasons. The building bug, the fridge routing problem, game crashing to desktop, horrible lag, ever showing zombies and some other weird stuff. I'd say it's time for a patch. Then there is this weird no in game sound when using video, although in the movies there is sound. This is the first time since I had this much trouble. Although I love seasons it makes me want to stop playing.

I'm sure EA will fix the building bug. My game did crash with building, but I don't have any of the other problems.
The zombie problem is fixed for me. As for the game lagging, try and turn the Seasons off in options.
 I know the whole idea of seasons is the rain and snow, but perhaps you will be able to play. The snow and rain can slow your game down.

Offline Shadowkeepernoir

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 02:24:07 PM »
I've also been having the routing problem with the fridge. I set my sim to get cereal when she gets up, she gets out of bed and just stands there or will yell and scream shes being blocked with nothing in the way. I will try turning off the weather, my lag is not horrible, but it can be quite inconvenient. So far so good with the building, no crashes (knock on wood).

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 05:11:57 AM »
Another annoying problem: My sim's prom was in winter and her prom photo is with "outerwear"! However, she was dressed in her prom dress when she returned home.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 05:13:56 AM »
I'm sure EA will fix the building bug. My game did crash with building, but I don't have any of the other problems.
The zombie problem is fixed for me. As for the game lagging, try and turn the Seasons off in options.
 I know the whole idea of seasons is the rain and snow, but perhaps you will be able to play. The snow and rain can slow your game down.

I know that with a new patch all problems would be solved again. I guess I'm just a little bummed. the fridge thing makes the game a little unplayable, because they will keep trying to go to the fridge because of hunger, but won't open it. Buying a new frigde helps, but my sims are a little to poor to keep doing that... I'll try turning off the weather and see what CC i put in last... sorry for sounding so down. I'm not mad at EA, I know they will fix it. I just love to play and that is dufficult with too many bugs.

Offline lily87

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 05:45:45 AM »
Ricalynn - It didn't start with playing tag.  It was just completely random, but she always leveled up at the same time every night (around 10pm).

anything