Author Topic: Paradox Box  (Read 11465 times)

Leto85

Paradox Box
« on: November 26, 2012, 06:20:25 AM »
Paradox Box

Detailed Information:
Lot Type: Residental Lot
Lot size: 40x40
Price: $125.856 (furnished)
          $96.635 (unfurnished)

Build with only Vanilla Sims items. No Expansion, no Stuff Pack, no CC.

What you get:
A home like non before: you can freely move everywhere where the stairs lead you and are free to move up and down, left and right, if you won't confuse these directions within the box.
A complete decorated living/study room, bedroom, bathroom, balcony, children playground and swimming pool.

There are 7 paradoxes ' hidden' inside this building. Who of you members will find them all first? You can copy/paste the picture and paint the parts you think is a paradox hidden and point them out. The moment all paradoxes are found, I will upload the house to this topic.

As to improve my building development I like to receive critique on my work. So feel free to post in commends things you find you don't like, you are missing, would like to see different or any other kind of improvement. How long you are on this forum doesn't even matter: if you have anything to bring in, just do.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Paradox Box
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 06:29:42 AM »

Well, one of them is that the wall from the upper right corner going across seems to be passing in front of the wall from the lower right corner going up, even though the wall going up is closer to us. I don't know how to "paint" that, though.  :-\ I hope you understand which one I'm talking about.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 06:40:52 AM »
Well, one of them is that the wall from the upper right corner going across seems to be passing in front of the wall from the lower right corner going up, even though the wall going up is closer to us. I don't know how to "paint" that, though.  :-\ I hope you understand which one I'm talking about.

I know what you mean, and that is one down. ;)
Nothing is painted btw. The house looks exactly as how you will get it in game.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 06:45:50 AM »
The top floor, the middle piece that goes in. On the left it is above the floor, on the right it is level with the floor,

Edited to add, the floor from the door on the top floor (right) appears to be going to the door one level down.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 06:50:47 AM »
I'm afraid I have to plead pattern thinking here and recuse myself from participating, as I know where all seven are without much effort. :) However, I am most interested to see how easily the seven paradoxes are discovered!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 06:57:03 AM »
The fairies using the stairs?

Ps that build is amazing! Where did you get the idea from?

Ooh, and the stairs bottom right, back. (can you tell I like puzzles?) I'll try and let someone else have a turn now.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 07:00:58 AM »
Way to early in the morning for me. But I'll give it a shot. Probably all wrong.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
You all are very good so far, especially early in the morning. :P Chuckles have beaten two more now and including all the answers from sdhoey, who has everything what got pointed right, there is only on left to find.
I will give you guys one hint: it's on the left side. ;)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 01:12:43 PM »
Is this based on one of Escher's impossible house drawings?  Very interesting!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 01:52:51 PM »
How did you build this? I thought they couldn't be built! I am so impressed, I have no idea what the paradox is but I hope someone finds it soon so I can download this house!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »
Is it the grass seeming chunk up high?

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »
Is it the grass seeming chunk up high?

Nope, it has nothing to do with the grass. It's all in the building.
And my apologies for responding late. For some reason didn't popped up this topic on my Show new replies to my posts list.
And Dianne, you are right. I got my inspiration from Escher on this one.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 01:31:15 AM »

The top left. The wall "caves in" slightly, I do believe. On the left it's about 2 tiles back, on the right it's level. It appears to be about 3 tiles long, so it's impossible, as a diagonal wall would be just 2 tiles.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 02:35:45 AM »
I am so downloading this as soon as it's posted. I'm guessing a couple of them a forced perspective paradoxes.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Leto85

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 05:28:20 AM »
The top left. The wall "caves in" slightly, I do believe. On the left it's about 2 tiles back, on the right it's level. It appears to be about 3 tiles long, so it's impossible, as a diagonal wall would be just 2 tiles.

Can you 'pain' that on a picture maybe? I am not quite sure what you mean but in my understanding you indeed are close, at least.

anything