Author Topic: Online Dating and Love letters  (Read 71641 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: Online Dating and Love letters
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
I didn't see any option to delete one either, so I had my sims create one then delete.

Unfortunately, they didn't stop.  Every time one of them meets another sim they start getting letters from that sim.  It is frustrating, as I am trying to find mates for the two daughters, but most of the mail seems to be for the parents.
Astra has gotten mail and some gifts, but mainly from married men.
I had her agree to a date with Chauncy Grimm, they met at the carnival, have a good time.  He sends some obvious love letters,  and she invites him over, he spends the night and the next day when I check it shows he had a partner, Annalove. 

The families are all messed up, Janet Pok is married to Dwayne Wolff and they live n the Modern Mansion.  The one who was his wife (Erica) is married to Ayden Van Gould, and I don't know who was marrried to Beatrice, but she had a mate.  Peanut, who is now a toad due to Betrice, is in a relationship with Bailey Swain. The relationship panel says he and Amitola are enemies and I think has a dagger with his picture and the red negatives show up around them; yet he is sending her letters and gifts.

I am getting really aggrivated at the letters and phone calls.  My sims seem to be spending more time answering calls than they do working now.   

I'm going to retry the create a profile and then deleting it again, hopefully it will stop them, at least for a while.

Offline robbo316

• Nooboo
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »
Where is this in game online dating service found?

I'm trying to put a stop to all the calls for dates my married couple is getting and I looked on the computer but there was no mention of it.

EDIT: I found it for the adults but the only option is to create a profile, not delete one which would seem to indicate they don't have one yet but at the same time they still get plenty of date calls.

As far as the teens go the option isn't showing up on the computer at all so how do I stop all the date calls?

Well, I've come to the conclusion that all the women are tarts, and so are all the men! I've got about 3 rows in my family inventory of gifts from admirers! Just playing now, and when my sim got back from holding meetings (power broker, oh yes!), there were about 15 letters in the mail, two of them were from the same girl. I've had more than a few from married women (celebs as well.) Seriously, sims 3 has turned into Sodom and Gomorrah! Not that I'm  complaining mind!! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2012, 07:20:25 AM »
Now my sim is receiving calls and gifts from a tourist! She met one in her hometime while jamming and he has called her every day and sends her gifts. His picture doesn't show up in her relationship panel.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »
Okay, this is getting silly. My father sim got a love letter from his son's imaginary friend.  :o

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 05:04:58 PM »
I wish something would be done about them.  My sims are getting love letters and gifts from inlaws now.  One of my sims is getting love letters and gifts from his sister-in-law who I moved out, grandparents are sending love letter to sims who have married into the family.  One of my sims husband received a letter from his wife's grandmother. 
I was doing a test on alien genetics and a sim who I had moved to the town as a possible mate was sending her love letter and gifts.  When I aged up her daughter and married her to him, then her mom started sending him gifts and love letters.  Sheesh.   So he is now receiving gifts from his mother-in-law.

IFs are sending letters, genie's are sending love letters, maids are sending love letters and gifts, Boney is sending love letters to a sim that she changed his diapers, inlaws are sending love letters and gifts, what next, mothers and fathers to sons and daughters?

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, 08:05:59 PM »
I haven't gotten a love letter from Boney yet but my one Sim got about 1 date request a day from her until he moved out of the house. She had been in the family for 3 generations or more by then too.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2013, 02:41:05 AM »
I wish something would be done about them.  My sims are getting love letters and gifts from inlaws now.  One of my sims is getting love letters and gifts from his sister-in-law who I moved out, grandparents are sending love letter to sims who have married into the family.  One of my sims husband received a letter from his wife's grandmother. 
I was doing a test on alien genetics and a sim who I had moved to the town as a possible mate was sending her love letter and gifts.  When I aged up her daughter and married her to him, then her mom started sending him gifts and love letters.  Sheesh.   So he is now receiving gifts from his mother-in-law.

IFs are sending letters, genie's are sending love letters, maids are sending love letters and gifts, Boney is sending love letters to a sim that she changed his diapers, inlaws are sending love letters and gifts, what next, mothers and fathers to sons and daughters?

Sounds like your game has become a nightmare! My sims stopped receiving letters and gifts after they became "Eternally Faithful". It's been a week and nothing in the mailbow.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2013, 04:58:10 AM »
Sounds like your game has become a nightmare! My sims stopped receiving letters and gifts after they became "Eternally Faithful". It's been a week and nothing in the mailbow.

How do they become 'eternally faithful'? That would sure help a lot of people.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2013, 05:07:48 AM »
They've been married for 30 days (became "eternally faithful" after 20 days). They have never been with anyone else. Both work from home, so they have no co-workers. They go out to the clubs and parks together. The only time they go anywhere alone is for opportunities, otherwise they are always together.

However, on a side note, when they got the "eternally faithful" moodlet, my sim was immediately falsely accused of rummaging in the garbage. So, I think it was someone unhappy that she, or her husband, were no longer available.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »
That is generally what I have, although they go out even less.  They go out collecting, but in interacting with others, it is generally through chatting, the two who have rabbit hole jobs is founder, a Chef for the fridge and his daughter, Astra (alien mix).  With my founder couple, he is constantly getting love letters and gifts from his co-workers.  He is either at work or with her, unless he is out collecting for gems/metals or in the community garden getting fruit and veggies.  She is with him at the community garden getting what she needs for her elixers, alchemy is her LTW, or out hunting for metals/gems.  They have gone to the carnival or the Bistro for opportunities, but not a lot. 
Went to the carnival and joined in the hot dog eating contest and the next day they are getting love letters from the others sims who particiated.  Buy food, the vendor is sending letters and gifts.  Talk to Ayden, and gets love letters.  She gets into a fight wih Peanut Ivy (have no idea why they started to fight) at the community garden and a couple of days later, with him marked as her enemy, he is sending her love letters.  They pass each other at the partk and there are the nasty looks, red neg marks; yet he still is sending her love letters and gifts.   I sent Taber (sinl) to pick up his daughter who went home with Gator and he said hi to Erika; a couple of days later he is getting love letters from her.  Next thing I know it will just take them snezzing near someone to get them sending letters and gifts.  I guess I am going to have to move out couples instead of letting them die of old age, or shorten their lifespan, I had extended them for much longer, it worked fine before the glitch, but now, a nightmare.  Right now, this is a family with three married couples and a child on the way in the dynasty home.  Founder couple, their heir and her mate, their granddaughter and her mate and she is pregnant.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 08:27:18 AM »
If your trying to make aquaintances for the charisma skill, the online service helps! My sim accepted a number of requests for "friends" and never called them or dated them. They just showed up in her panel. One of them was a celbrity and she gained a star.

However, some others she met at bars, or co-workers, are calling her constantly for dates. She was on a date with one, when she got 3 more calls!

Offline Vanillin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »
The love letters I get are pretty amusing, however I think this one is the funniest one of them all:
"Tom got a love letter from Cornelia Goth! It says: 'Hey, cutie. Here's a little something I made while I was thinking about you' Oh, it looks like there's a photograph in here of - WHOA!!"
Yeah, my sims Tom got a photo of a pregnant Cornelia Goth's "WHOA!!"
Just EA.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:27 AM »
I think the funniest thing I've had so far was my sim getting asked on a date by that mummy that's the end boss of one of the dungeons in China!

(I accepted it and nothing happened. Sad.)

karlissa

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2013, 04:59:33 AM »
I got a date with the grim reaper.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2013, 12:37:04 PM »
I got a date with the grim reaper.

Did she go?

anything