Author Topic: Online Dating and Love letters  (Read 71639 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Re: Online Dating and Love letters
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »

I couldn't believe this response, I looked at her traits on The Sims wiki, and she's friendly! I hate to think if she was evil.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 11:27:54 AM »
Most of mine seem to be something like "I'd love to get to know you better. I haven't had any letters yet, but I have sent one.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hyacintha

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 11:25:58 AM »
My sim randomly met one of the guys who was interested in her from online.

Then she got this:

You don't look anything like your picture. Why would you even lie about body type. I'm out of here.

My sim was pregnant.   :o

Also, another sim keeps getting gifts and date requests from his ex-girlfriends who he cheated on and dumped like a sack of potatoes. I would find this funny, if it wasn't for the fact this type of crap happens in real life.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
One of my Sims got together with Dilly in Twinbrook who was already dating Lang. Then she went to work and when she came home she had "accuse of cheating" queued up and they got into a huge fight and broke up. Ruby already knew she was dating Lang! She'd specifically asked her if she was single, lol. Definitely some funny quirks in the system.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 08:04:32 PM »

I couldn't believe this response, I looked at her traits on The Sims wiki, and she's friendly! I hate to think if she was evil.

Love it! He obviously wasn't her type.

I have realised from the messages, that some are only for friendship and others are for romance. My sim answers the ones for friendship nd meets them and they just hang out. The others, she trashes. Same with her boyfriend. It's a good way to meet people. However, you have to read what their message implies (romance or frienship).

Dellena

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 08:11:10 PM »
So I hadn't checked the mail in a few days...  I have 5 adults in the house and I had 72 pieces of mail to go through, many with attached gifts.  None of them have a dating profile.  It's nuts...

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 03:25:30 AM »
I've set up Carina Dreamweaver in Lunar Lakes so I can get to know the online dating system.  She checks her messages and has the option to accept or delete.  Then when she accepts it, nothing happens.  I can't figure out if it really does anything at all.  Maybe it just keeps the message so she can go back and see who has responded.  She gets love letters, too, and they don't seem to mean anything.  She's exchanging love letters with a guy right now and each letter he sends kicks it up a notch.  He's to the point now that he says he's in love with her and wants to be with her.  Yet when they hang out together, he makes no romantic moves at all.  Half the time, he won't even go on a date or meet her anywhere.  She asks him to spend the night and he goes to sleep in the spare bedroom, even when they woohoo.  It all just seems so one-sided to me.  My Sim does all this stuff and nobody calls or asks her our.  It's a great idea, but I agree it needs some work.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 03:41:51 AM »
My game was quite calm till I threw a gift giving party shortly after moving her boyfriend in, I invited his friends and they all thought she was hot now they keep sending her love letters and gifts, two uninvited female guests at the party do the same to her boyfriend as well.

My two got the eternally faithful moodlet come up just as he was turning down yet another date call, from a teenager no less, I realise he hadn't long aged up himself but I didn't expect that.

Pam, I get the feeling the letters go in a predetermined cycle, my sim had the same with her boyfriend, each letter a bit more than the last till the last one said he was madly in love with her. But he is, he thought she was hot on first meeting which didn't surprise me as these are my usual pairing and they are always mad about each other, but maybe despite the game saying one thing the spark isn't quite there for your two.

I've noticed that with sims, sometimes they meet somebody and it just clicks and I love that, it's nice when they are autonomously romantic rather than me feeling like I'm pushing them into it. I gave up a long time ago choosing for them, I always let them choose themselves now even if it isn't who I would have gone for as they seem much happier that way. I'm not sure if this system will help or hinder that at the moment.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
My teen Jayde keeps getting calls from Arlo Bunch to go on a date.  But she is with Miraj Alvi.

Dellena

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 11:35:18 AM »
I finally broke down and got a mod that stops the letters and phone calls.  I'd like it if it was a little, but this is just ridiculous.  I was getting so much mail to go through, I was missing some important stuff cause I was clicking through them so fast.  I'm hoping someone cleans up this new 'feature' so I can use it properly again.  But until then, am just turning it off.

I agree with the letting the sims pick their own partners.  Two of my long sim family kids met their sweethearts at a prom (they went dateless) and have been together ever since.  Both are now in married relationships with those sims they hooked up with in high school.  Very sweet actually.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »
My Sim got a message on the online dating service every day from Lucky in Riverview. It drove me mental! I wish the game was programmed so that when you decline they don't message you again unless you message them.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »
I've set up Carina Dreamweaver in Lunar Lakes so I can get to know the online dating system.  She checks her messages and has the option to accept or delete.  Then when she accepts it, nothing happens.  I can't figure out if it really does anything at all.

I used it briefly in my Life States Dynasty, and here's what I've determined so far - if she gets a note from someone who is not in her relationship panel, and deletes it, nothing happens (except maybe another note later on). If she does accept, it then adds that person to her relationship panel, allowing her to chat/invite over/invite out.

I used that method to determine the life state of some potential mates.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »
I've been noticing a set difference to these calls and messages. Many are for friendship "Would like to get to know you better", versus "I feel we can make a good match, Call me sometime"

Also, my sim had twins (out of wedlock, because the idiot refused marriage), and after their birth, she received this love letter: "Thank You! I have finally realised how special you are!". What?! Next I get a notice that he is in a relationship with someone else.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 04:39:42 PM »
I got hate mail in the actual mailbox! I have read about the love letters but not about hate mail. Has anyone else received this? Can't remember remember exactly what it said but something along the lines of a package with skulls and something else I dont remember all over it and a voodoo doll that looked like my sim with something stuck through it or something? Really caught me by surprise!

Dellena

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »
Wow, haven't seen that.  Have it all turned off now though.

anything