Author Topic: Online Dating and Love letters  (Read 71630 times)

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
Re: Online Dating and Love letters
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »
I haven't had any love letters (or hate letters for that matter) sent to my sims. Its starting to get a bit wierd, especially with the consistent messages on the online dating from certain people.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
I got hate mail in the actual mailbox! I have read about the love letters but not about hate mail. Has anyone else received this? Can't remember remember exactly what it said but something along the lines of a package with skulls and something else I dont remember all over it and a voodoo doll that looked like my sim with something stuck through it or something? Really caught me by surprise!

Never got hate mail! Does your sim have an enemy?

Got a cute one the other day. My sim's romanitc interest turned her down for marriage. She then told him she was pregnant and left. When she delivered twins, she received a letter from him: "Thank You! I finally realised how special a person you are, Kat!". It was too late for him, since she married someone else.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »
I got hate mail in the actual mailbox! I have read about the love letters but not about hate mail. Has anyone else received this? Can't remember remember exactly what it said but something along the lines of a package with skulls and something else I dont remember all over it and a voodoo doll that looked like my sim with something stuck through it or something? Really caught me by surprise!

I got something like that in response to a love letter.  Nothing that extreme, but it said something awful like, "Wow, I wasn't aware you were the last Sim on earth."

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »
I got something like that in response to a love letter.  Nothing that extreme, but it said something awful like, "Wow, I wasn't aware you were the last Sim on earth."

Now that is a classic! Guess they weren't compatible, or they wrote something too extreme! It would be nice to know what the active writes, so that when you get a response you can understand the meaning better.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 01:12:19 PM »
No no enemies! But I did write a love letter to him before he sent this hate letter to me! I think I wrote it to him anyways! I will try to send him a love letter again to see if I get it and this time I will get a screenshot of it!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »
@MomOfMany: i'm interested in hearing what you find out.

I have noticed that many letters are just for friendship. "Thinking about, call me" doesn't seem to have "major" romantic undertones. So my sim would call them and nothing else happened. they stopped pestering her.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 12:49:00 AM »
Its really annoying when there are like no single guys on the online dating service but heaps that are already married. It doesn't make finding spouses on there easy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »
Ok so I sent him another love letter and got the same hate mail from him! I sent a love letter to another guy as well and got hate mail. I got screenshots of both of them.
This one says "Judith just got a letter in the mail from Gladsten Farmwell! It's covered in X's and skulls and a little doodle of Judith lying in the ground with lots of arrows and daggers sticking out of her."

This one says "Judith just got a letter in the mail from Pip Goodfellow! It says "You're cute and all, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather pull out my own eyebrows with a plumber's wrench." Ouch!"

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
Well their nasty. I think I'm glad I haven't gotten any mail at all now.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »
I just got a love letter! It was from my Sim's boyfriend Benjamin Schmidt in Appaloosa Plains. It said this:

'Sydney got a letter from Benjamin Schmidt! "I've been wanting to tell you for a while now - I just didn't know how. I love you Sydney."'

So sweet.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 11:07:29 AM »
Ok so I sent him another love letter and got the same hate mail from him! I sent a love letter to another guy as well and got hate mail. I got screenshots of both of them.
This one says "Judith just got a letter in the mail from Gladsten Farmwell! It's covered in X's and skulls and a little doodle of Judith lying in the ground with lots of arrows and daggers sticking out of her."

This one says "Judith just got a letter in the mail from Pip Goodfellow! It says "You're cute and all, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather pull out my own eyebrows with a plumber's wrench." Ouch!"

Still haven't gotten any hate mail. But those are hilarious! Maybe I should have my witch throw a few nasty elixirs at someone to see what kind of mail she gets!
She did get one from Romeo Rake that said, "I find you attractive, but it just won't work out between us."

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 03:41:08 PM »
My warlock got annoyed with people bugging him about dating, so he fixed the problem. He finally agreed to one of the random dates...and it turned out to be one hot evening. He's at the bottom there enjoying a good book.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »
@jestina, what happened? an alien attack?

@momofmany, ouch! what traits does Judith have?

Here's a picture of my Sim writing a love letter. The response she got was: "I loved what you had to say in your letter. Maybe you could say it to me again...in person?" So cute.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
@jestina, what happened? an alien attack?

Fire blast. Half the town died that night, just because of some sims annoyed him with love letters.

Sometimes they send gifts, but it's really ludicrous and way too over the top like much of the stuff they've put into TS3. I'll have people that I barely know sending me fountains of youth and wall aquariums.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2012, 04:33:54 PM »
Where is this in game online dating service found?

I'm trying to put a stop to all the calls for dates my married couple is getting and I looked on the computer but there was no mention of it.

EDIT: I found it for the adults but the only option is to create a profile, not delete one which would seem to indicate they don't have one yet but at the same time they still get plenty of date calls.

As far as the teens go the option isn't showing up on the computer at all so how do I stop all the date calls?
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

anything