Author Topic: A Call for Help - Maps!  (Read 44250 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: A Call for Help - Maps!
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »
Thanks to Crazy 8's, I've been butterfly obsessed.  The thing that annoys me is not having insects show up UNLESS you have the collector thing.  If you know where to go, you MIGHT get some of them.  Obvious place in SV is the simhenge place.  Got my first rainbow there, all the way to the rear.  Here's a clue.  If there are a lot of stones and other butterflies, chances are you will not see a rainbow.  If there are only a few other butterflies, you might catch a rainbow OR you might get a Light Beetle in the same place.

I just checked France again today with a different sim, no collector, and very few butterflies anywhere, including the places where I know they spawn.  Annoying, but proved my point.

Now, about that island.  Errrhmm, how exactly do you get there?  I'm thinking it's a secret tunnel in the house opposite it or a tunnel from the frog pond spot.  Just a guess but rabid readers would like to know.  (Can you tell Rita Skeeter was one of my favorite HP characters?)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 07:25:40 PM »
We have a nice juicy thread about that little island in France.  Click here to visit The Little Island with Rare Grapes in France.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »
I am going ask a stupid question.  When I have seen someone post a picture and they have marked it with a circle or a line or arrow, how do you do that?  I know a spawn point for a pink diamond, but I don't know how to mark it before I post it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2010, 02:11:11 PM »
We have a nice juicy thread about that little island in France.  Click here to visit The Little Island with Rare Grapes in France.

Juicy indeed!  Off to get Pangu's Axe, although I don't need it now I have the Collector thingie.   

I'm with Saltypaws.  How do you put marks on pictures?  I've found a few things but haven't posted the picture because I can't mark it.

Oh, and about that frog pond.  If you have a klepto you can actually steal some of the items hidden underground by clicking near the rocks and selecting swipe something.  That was kind of fun since I had to other way to access it at the time.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »
I am going ask a stupid question.  When I have seen someone post a picture and they have marked it with a circle or a line or arrow, how do you do that?  I know a spawn point for a pink diamond, but I don't know how to mark it before I post it.

Save a copy of the big map and open it with paint or some other image editor, put a nice dot where it goes, and email it to me. Emailing the big map offers the best precision since you can put the dot exactly at the spawn point so we don't cause confusion for people.

[email protected]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2010, 05:13:02 PM »
Just to clarify, when Carl says to use "paint," what he means is Microsoft Paint, which is a program that is available on any Windows PC.  It has tools that let you draw on images.  It's pretty fun if you haven't played with it before.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2010, 06:16:39 PM »
Thanks for that Pam. I'm glad this is starting to gather interest. I look forward to it. I think we'll have the best maps out there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »
Oh, ok.  I know how to do that, now just to find that gem again.  Thanks.  Actually, I should have known that, I use to use that all of the time.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Frey

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 02:25:42 AM »
I don't have any maps, but my experience tells me that Twinsbrook's beach park is a great place for finding both palladium and pink diamonds with the miner. I mean this little community lot beside the lake... in spanish it's called something like "beach park". Sorry I can't help with anything else for now, but that's what I could find out before my game failed. I found like 3 or 4 of them there. It might have been just a coincidence, but I just thought it might be of help.

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 03:33:57 AM »
Will you also be including locations to find special seeds on these maps?  Personally, I almost always play a Green Thumb Sim, so I'm much more interested in where to find the best seeds than where to find the best metals or butterflies.  Of course, that's just how I play the game.  Along those lines, I found a great spawn point for special and rare seeds in Twinbrook -- around the upper right corner of the cemetery.  Special seeds spawn there almost daily!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 12:51:11 AM »
Yes the only seed types I'd want to include are special, since everything else can be store-bought.

Alex_O

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »
Thanks Pam, removed due to being in the wrong place   :-X ;) 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Alex_O!

This thread is specifically for helping Carl with actual maps.  We have a thread about pink diamonds in Twinbrook.  That would be a better place to share your information.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 10:44:02 PM »
Yes the only seed types I'd want to include are special, since everything else can be store-bought.

Alright, I'll download your maps and start marking! ;D

Snowyluc

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2010, 08:42:02 AM »
H