Author Topic: A Call for Help - Maps!  (Read 44251 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
Re: A Call for Help - Maps!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 01:43:50 AM »
I like the idea of all the valuables on one map. Once you have the home towns done, will you move on to do the travel destinations too? - I was quite pleased with myself yesterday, I discovered a spot where opals spawn in France. Of course it was not in the collector game where I actually want a number of them, but I will certainly remember it when I go back to that game lol.

Anyway, great work Carl

Norma

So, Norma...  where exactly is that opal spot?  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 02:26:04 AM »
You know the house with the grapes growing on the terraces around the house (at the end of the road if you turn left when you come out of the base camp)  well it is up behind there.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 02:48:13 AM »
OK, so what exactly do you want locations for in Twinbrook Carl? I know you want pink diamonds (haven't found any yet)  but what about other gems and such. So far I've found a rainbow gem, luminorious gem, palladium.

Norma
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 03:03:15 AM »
If you want to mark those 3 spots (color code them) I will end up using it, I'll just save it on my desktop for when I do the 2nd round of updates. This is actually sort of tough for me so I'm going to control how I release the images. For now I'll work with putting pink diamonds on the map but I can actually accept anything. It will get used. Most of the areas spawning mid-to-high value gems will end up under one colored icon. I'll want to know of that kind of spawn point.

I don't want to really change the first post right now, to really encourage that, for a reason. It's flat easier on me the way I'm going about this. But if you have three really good spots ready for me I'd love to know about them. I just don't want to have people on the active task of searching for them just yet because there are going to be more of them (as opposed to just palladium and pink diamond points). To keep things controlled it's good to just seek the pink diamonds right now. I suspect any spawn place that can do luminorious gems might be able to do pink diamonds as well.

For the most part I'll have no trouble finding palladium spawn points. As I go about the 'hood going to gems and metals, sometimes I'll get one. They're just that much more common. Plutonium is not really so ambiguous. 1 pink diamond to 0 plutonium in Twinbrook.

Archer0

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 03:41:41 PM »
I don't care how you do it. Save one of the maps below to your computer, put a dot or something accurate in the spot where you've found a pink diamond, and post it back in this thread.

These pics are half a meg or more.  Last time I attached a pic to a post, it said the size limit was about 125k.  Is that that a limit for newbies or for everyone?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 04:09:22 PM »
These pics are half a meg or more.  Last time I attached a pic to a post, it said the size limit was about 125k.  Is that that a limit for newbies or for everyone?

Photobucket might be a better option for you.  Click here for instructions.  If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll give you my email address and you can send it there.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »
That is a good idea..you can email them directly to [email protected] and I'll try to keep a live update on the main images, showing where we've found things.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 05:54:58 PM »
If you want to mark those 3 spots (color code them) I will end up using it, I'll just save it on my desktop for when I do the 2nd round of updates. This is actually sort of tough for me so I'm going to control how I release the images. For now I'll work with putting pink diamonds on the map but I can actually accept anything. It will get used. Most of the areas spawning mid-to-high value gems will end up under one colored icon. I'll want to know of that kind of spawn point.

I'll just keep a track of them on an image on my computer, but won't add them to this thread unless I actually find pink diamonds. That way, if you want them at a later date, I can show you.

Haven't found any spawn spots for plutonium in Twinbrook, but I have learned to make it with transfiguration.

Norma

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 12:23:01 PM »
I know you want to put WA maps on later, but I'm in China right now and would be happy to send you photos of things I find.  Map shots.  You can then use them as you need them when you want to and have the time.  I'm in major collector mode right now so won't be a problem if it would help.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 12:24:14 PM »
Thanks, that would be pretty helpful for down the road :)

Edit: Also, the first post has been updated to show what I currently have for Twinbrook, which I think is now complete as far as pink diamonds go. The others are better documented on the net so I'll have more places to go for leads, but I will still need to confirm them to bother placing them on the map. Happly accepting any submissions on high gems in twinbrook and pink diamonds in any. It might not be too bad to get special seed spots. I think I can make a little seed icon to place on the map to designate that.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »
You all know the spot in France for all those butterflies, right?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 06:01:24 AM »
You all know the spot in France for all those butterflies, right?

Are you asking where the butterflies are or just checking to see if Carl knows without actually telling him where they are?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »
No, I know where they are and visit there every time I go to France for a few quick, easy simoleons made by selling off the purples and pashas.  I just didn't want to post it if everyone was already aware of the spot and wasn't sure if it was ok to post it.  I'll tell you now and if it's not ok, just edit it out. 

On the map head northwest to a wooded area. Look carefully for a little oval, very tiny and hard to see on the map so look carefully.  It's a frog pond and a great place to catch the froggies but also has tons of butterflies and beetles.  The good ones show up randomly and aren't always in the same spot, but visiting it three or four times in a vacation should get you every butterfly needed except the glowy.  I've noticed the butterflies and beetles don't always show up unless you have the Collector thing and it takes awhile standing around with the game off pause for them to spawn and show up.  Using the frog pond as your center, carefully spiral out from that point and you should get all the butterflies you need.  So far I've gotten even the Rainbow Butterfly there but it does not show up every time.  However, that western, (left), side of the map is pretty good for finding them. 

Glowy Butterflies can be found across the river.  Cross the bridge and head left.  They are in the general vicinity of the bend in the road and do not show up every time you go there.  The best time to catch them is at night as they glow in the dark.

One thing I've noticed about this spot is there are often glowing dots from the Collector shown but no insect anywhere around.  However, there is a breakable bunch of rocks near the frog pond and I'm thinking the "invisible" insects are probably underground.  I haven't gone there with Pangu's Axe yet so no way of telling.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2010, 01:57:18 PM »

Glowy Butterflies can be found across the river.  Cross the bridge and head left.  They are in the general vicinity of the bend in the road and do not show up every time you go there.  The best time to catch them is at night as they glow in the dark.

One thing I've noticed about this spot is there are often glowing dots from the Collector shown but no insect anywhere around.  However, there is a breakable bunch of rocks near the frog pond and I'm thinking the "invisible" insects are probably underground.  I haven't gone there with Pangu's Axe yet so no way of telling.

Glowy Butterflies also show up on the little island in the middle of the river.

As for the ones that do not show up at the frog pond, yes they are underground indeed.  Break those 3 rocks and you get lots of plunder, including the rare grapes, cut stones, butterflies galore.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 03:12:53 PM »
Thanks for this. I have fireman yet to write, and a couple more updates, then my attention will shift focus to this project, I'll complete the towns then start the maps to travel destinations.