Author Topic: Does face paint wear off?  (Read 15162 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Does face paint wear off?
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »
I just wanted to know, in real life it does, but it's a CAS element in The Sims 3.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Does face paint wear off?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:37:03 AM »
I just wanted to know, in real life it does, but it's a CAS element in The Sims 3.

I don't have Seasons but I know that the Base Game Face-paints under the Make-Up section don't wear off, so if the Seasons ones are found there then I doubt they'd wear off. Unless it's something completely different.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Skyla

• Esme Rose. 05.02.13
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Skyla-Bliss
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
As far as I know, no they don't wear off. Unless your sim has a shower or bath. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »
I finally had to take my sim into CAS to get rid of the facepaint.  It stayed on her pic for a long time.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 11:28:01 AM »
As far as I know, no they don't wear off. Unless your sim has a shower or bath. :)

I have done the face paint at pretty much all of the festivals, and this is accurate.  Same deal with that awful pie residue if you participate in the eating contest.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »
Interesting, I was asking myself if it's meant to stay on as briefly as it did for me. :p My two ladies had their faces painted during leisure day, and the paint was gone before they even returned home. They had a water balloon fight, maybe that got rid of it? Gotta test that again.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
Showers, swimming: anything with water, get rid of it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 01:24:27 PM »
Showers, swimming: anything with water, get rid of it.

I really really wish there were a "wash face" interaction at the sink so I could clean up my pie-eating Sims and send them back into the festival for greeting cards and photobooth stuff.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »
hmmm, I wonder if bobbing for apples would work.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline lily87

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 05:21:38 AM »
I really really wish there were a "wash face" interaction at the sink so I could clean up my pie-eating Sims and send them back into the festival for greeting cards and photobooth stuff.

Yes! Or at least, have it disappear when they change clothes.  My sim went to a costume party straight after, and she was a policewoman with pie all over her face.

There was also the interesting glitch I got when a person in the pie-eating contest disappeared (I think it was Monika Morris), and all that was left was the pie filling-face thing floating in mid air, then going down to eat the pie.  It was amazing.  Luckily, I recorded it.  :P

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
I have one sim who has had her face painted and after a shower it hadn't washed off.  I have had several get faces painted, so I was surprised that this time it wouldn't come off. No matter how many times she showers, it stays on.  Even when she went to Egypt it stayed on.

I am going to see if I can change in in CAS, I never thought of it.  It is a star, that is much better than a pirate, clown or feline face.  Shudder to think of seeing that on her for an extended period of time.