Author Topic: Sim vanished  (Read 6559 times)

Loira

Sim vanished
« on: June 22, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »
Hi! I'm new to the forum and I'm sorry that my first post is for asking for help...

The other day while I was playing one of my sims first become invisble and the after a few minute (real time) she just wasn't there anymore. She is listed as friend and mother of my other sims but she just doesn't seem to exist anymore. When this happen she was washing the dishes, the she went to bed (already invisible) and then she just wasn't there. I tried everything but nothing works, she doesn't come back. The main problem is that she was kind of the gardener and fisher in the family, her inventory was full with perfect vegetables and fishes and that is my loss.

Does someone have this issue, too? I just go on playing, as I read somewhere that she might just walk back home as nothing happened but if that happens to me agian it would be a huge loss. This family in particular is really rich, and it takes to load the game due to the huge house and everything in it so if after the time it takes and it's quite laggy they start to disappear... I don't see the point of playing with them anymore (and I love that family!!)

Well, thanks and if something isn't well written, sorry, English is my 3rd language.... But I'm trying! :)

Archer0

Re: Sim vanished
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »
Welcome!

If you haven't tried it, I would attempt to reset the Sim.  There's instructions on how to do this in a sticky note at the top of this forum, called "Reset your Sim; Rescuing Sims when they're stuck".  You can do that without leaving the game you are in.

Edit:  Something else to try before the below, is to send your Sim someplace out of the house.  The store, another house, on a trip if you have World Adventures, etc.  Also try going to plan outfit, using a dresser.  I read that worked for at least some people.  Seems the invisible glitch has several levels, causes, and fixes.

Next step would be to save the game, and then exit and reload it.  See if the Sim comes back.

After that I would exit the game and disable all custom content, via the launcher.  You can disable it all temporarily without deleting it.  Then load up the game again.

In the end, you may have to go back to an old save, if you have it.

Edit:  Also, Deleting cache files or a complete reinstall of the game, backing up saves of course.  Just depends on how much effort you want to spend.

You aren't alone in the vanishing Sim glitch though.  It's apparently been around awhile.  And may have re-surfaced with the latest patch or Ambitions expansion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 08:29:18 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Loira!  Your English is very good.  I'm impressed!

Archer has a lot of good suggestions to try.  If nothing works, come back and let us know.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Darkstone

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:21:06 AM »
One more thing that's worked for me for missing babies: 

Go to Edit Town.  Find your house.  If you can still see the missing sim in the family portrait, move them out to the clipboard.  Then move them right back in again.  Leave Edit Town.  Play. 

This worked for me when everything else failed.

Loira

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »
Thanks for answering (and for saying that my English isn't that bad, Pam ;) )

I can't send her anywhere as she isn't listed as a controllable sim anymore, I mean, her image is gone with her. The photo of the family in the main menu is also gone. I tried the resetsim cheat and it doesn't work either. I save and reload, I send another sim on vacation but she wasn't there when I came back. I don't know, I think I'll just keep playing as she ran away or something like that. Her youngest daughter has a wish every now and then to spend time with her mum, poor kid  :'(  (She also wants to spend time with her dad, who is ghost, but I had to kick him out of the house as she was scared of ghosts, I think she was born to be lonely.)

Thanks for the help!!

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »
Did she disappear after someone in the house came back from a vacation? Because my sims husband disappeared after the wife went on vacation. First his picture disappeared and he had no clothes on and then he was just gone, she is still married to him, but he isn't in my house anymore. I hope you find her :)