Author Topic: Bug with Frozen Death from Seasons - Not a bug  (Read 16114 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Bug with Frozen Death from Seasons - Not a bug
« on: November 17, 2012, 12:44:07 PM »
There seems to be a bug about the new frozen to death death.   I sent Artie down in his swimwear to a frozen place in town.  He keeps getting two moodlets.  One is "Teeth chattering" which has no time frame on it and says that he needs to get inside quick.  This caused him to freeze solid which never stops and you can't get him to do anything else without a reset  The other one is "Frostbitten" which has a 3 hour timer.  The timer never goes down because I think the other one is up but without the other one when the timer goes out.  Nothing happens.  He just goes from being purple to red again.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
Re: Bug with Frozen Death from Seasons
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »
There seems to be a bug about the new frozen to death death.   I sent Artie down in his swimwear to a frozen place in town.  He keeps getting two moodlets.  One is "Teeth chattering" which has no time frame on it and says that he needs to get inside quick.  This caused him to freeze solid which never stops and you can't get him to do anything else without a reset  The other one is "Frostbitten" which has a 3 hour timer.  The timer never goes down because I think the other one is up but without the other one when the timer goes out.  Nothing happens.  He just goes from being purple to red again.

I don't know if you're playing a no-cheats runthrough or not. But, did you get rid of the teeth chattering moodlet and see what happened? Using your cheat of choice, that is. (I doubt the moodlet manager would work, since you say that he's frozen solid.)
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 01:16:51 PM »
Got rid of teeth chattering and then it just counts down and nothing happens like I mentioned.   

Two things that I learned in this experiment just now.  1 - Needs Static will keep you from becoming frozen.  2 - you only die as being frozen if you also starve.   So the problem was me.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: Bug with Frozen Death from Seasons - Not a bug
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »
Oh you have to freeze and starve?  Ouch.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 01:28:33 PM »
Got rid of teeth chattering and then it just counts down and nothing happens like I mentioned.   

Two things that I learned in this experiment just now.  1 - Needs Static will keep you from becoming frozen.  2 - you only die as being frozen if you also starve.   So the problem was me.
But on EA's chats they said a Sim who was frozen can get help from other Sims to warm them up. If they don't get help they can freeze to death. The death by freezing to death is a different color then starving to death.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »
But on EA's chats they said a Sim who was frozen can get help from other Sims to warm them up. If they don't get help they can freeze to death. The death by freezing to death is a different color then starving to death.

Right - a sim can come by and use a hair dryer on you and random NPCs/townies will do it for you.   Igloos count as going indoors but I think the part you missed was I was trying to kill Artie. I wanted to know how it worked exactly.   You are only frozen to death if you also starve to death.  You will become the new frozen death color and not the starvation color because it was being frozen solid that killed you.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 12:46:49 AM »
Yes, thank you.I'm a little late on this, but Seasons was a Christmas present. I had to double fence Deangelo off so no one could use the hair dryer on him. When he finally fell over frozen, a very long process, he didn't die until his food hit empty. When his ghost got up there was an icy crack, and he was all bluish. I got the Harsh Weather badge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 03:02:32 AM »
I didn't know about the starving part till I just read this, I had a panic the other day when my self sim froze solid because I let her sleep outside a bit too long, the only person about to click on and ask for help was her evil teenage neighbour who had just got out a taxi across the road, do not ask an evil person to defrost you, they think about it but then decide it's more fun to watch you freeze.  >:(

Three times I asked him feeling sure she would die at any moment, he even started to play his guitar while she just laid there  ::) But eventually he autonomously defrosted her. It would seem though she wasn't in any major peril till she got hungry from reading this.

I wouldn't mind but she usually marries him, It was a new game and they weren't romantic but I would hope if they were he wouldn't just leave her, guess i'll have to test that sometime with good guy back up just in case.