Author Topic: Weather Stone  (Read 26023 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Weather Stone
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 12:26:33 AM »
We found out that if the weather stone spawns in the park before you put the festival grounds down and you bulldoze the park, it will respawn somewhere else. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »
We found out that if the weather stone spawns in the park before you put the festival grounds down and you bulldoze the park, it will respawn somewhere else.

That's good to know. No accidental destruction of the weather stone. Check.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Draekros

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 06:36:45 AM »
Argh! I did take some screenshots of an actual successful witchy activation of the weather stone (I think I remember that it is only Witches that can activate them from some blurb EA put out before Seasons was released by EA - but dunno where I saw that - so don't quote me :P), but I forgot I had the UI turned off in the screenshots so I couldn't get the info. There is a "Bewitching Rain" moodlet which lasts 3 hours (?), but I have no idea what it does. Since I don't have the UI in the screens I don't have the descriptions. My witch hasn't been successful at doing the spell again, not to mention he's been rather busy with other problems (namely getting abducted every night - but I think that was due to the Story Progression Mods, since removal of them has stopped that).

Anyway, the spell seems to be the same no matter what the season (I'm in Winter now) so I'll try and do it again after my sim finishes work and get good screenshots of what happens.  8)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 07:52:08 AM »
Argh! I did take some screenshots of an actual successful witchy activation of the weather stone (I think I remember that it is only Witches that can activate them from some blurb EA put out before Seasons was released by EA - but dunno where I saw that - so don't quote me :P), but I forgot I had the UI turned off in the screenshots so I couldn't get the info. There is a "Bewitching Rain" moodlet which lasts 3 hours (?), but I have no idea what it does. Since I don't have the UI in the screens I don't have the descriptions. My witch hasn't been successful at doing the spell again, not to mention he's been rather busy with other problems (namely getting abducted every night - but I think that was due to the Story Progression Mods, since removal of them has stopped that).

Anyway, the spell seems to be the same no matter what the season (I'm in Winter now) so I'll try and do it again after my sim finishes work and get good screenshots of what happens.  8)

Nah; it's all of the occult creatures that came with Supernatural that can use the weather stone. Plus, from pictures and things, I believe the bewitching rain makes a whole lotta sims go kinda crazy.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 06:25:40 PM »
So, what are everyone's experiences with this thing? I'm curious if I'm just extremely unlucky or if it's normal that it rarely works. I've sent my fairy to it about ten times now in an attempt to save some gardening time. It worked exactly once, on the first attempt. Ever since then, she wasn't able to "find favor" with it. And my last attempt resulted in it getting ticked off and striking the poor fairy with lightning. That was ... not very nice to say the least.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »
My lillt witchy was able to change normal rain into Bewitching rain on the first try.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »
Got "zapped once", "failed to find favor" another time and "succeeded with bewitching rain" another time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 06:16:19 AM »
There's a 50% chance a Sim will succeed in the interaction. From that, every Sim who joins the interaction adds 10%, to a max of 98%. If a Sim fails, there's a 10% chance they'll be struck by lightning.  :)

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 08:36:42 AM »
Looks like my poor glowbug is just quite unlucky then. Cheers! I really should start to dive into some of those XML-files too.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 11:06:17 AM »
In lieu of the weather stone there is the Climate Control Unit Lifetime Reward that costs 40,000 lifetime happiness points. I haven't used it yet but it looks promising.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 02:57:28 PM »
In lieu of the weather stone there is the Climate Control Unit Lifetime Reward that costs 40,000 lifetime happiness points. I haven't used it yet but it looks promising.

The two provide somewhat different effects. The weather from the Climate Control Unit is standard weather and any Sim can set up any type of weather, while the Weather Stone has 'supernatural' side effects and the weather you can create is specific to the life state of the Sim.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 03:51:21 PM »
The two provide somewhat different effects. The weather from the Climate Control Unit is standard weather and any Sim can set up any type of weather, while the Weather Stone has 'supernatural' side effects and the weather you can create is specific to the life state of the Sim.

Oh okay. I don't have Supernatural so I just thought this thread was just looking for a way to control the weather.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 04:53:23 PM »
I have an ordinary human sim and got a message that said that I should gather supernaturals at the stone.  So I went to the lot it was on and did "invite over" on two fairy friends and a witch friend.  They've come over, and all they want to do is stand around and talk.  There's no option to ask them to do anything with the stone, and the only option on the stone is "view."

I think maybe I was interpreting the injunction to gather supernaturals around the stone too literally.  :P

anything