Author Topic: Weather Stone  (Read 26026 times)

Offline Manuel

• Nooboo
Weather Stone
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »
Hi! I haven't played Seasons yet, but I read that if you have Supernatural already installed, you can get the Weather Stone.
Here's the info:
"Weather Stone (Needs The Sims 3: Supernatural)
- A "magical relic with impressive powers that will interact with players differently depending on their current state"
- Each Supernatural Sim has their own unique power over the Weather Stone
- Witches can use it to summon a Bewitching Rain that causes Sims throughout your world to go crazy and perform rain dances.
- Vampires can call an Eclipsing Fog that mysteriously makes normal Sims more open to being fed upon by vampires.
- Fairies can bring on a Reviving Sprinkle that revives dead plants, kills weeds, and drapes the town in a beautiful rainbow.
- Werewolves can beckon the powerful Hunter's Storm which brings on a snowdrift full of collectibles that Werewolves normally hunt for."
My question is: ¿How can you get it? ¿Do you have it in your inventory when you install this new expansion pack? ¿And how does it work?
Regards  ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Weather Stone
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »
The Weather Stone will automatically emerge from the ground in every active game and ever new game as long as you have the two expansions installed.  The place it emerges changes with every game but it's always on a community lot.  In Sunset Valley, I've had it at the criminal building, Crystal Falls, Central Park and the military base.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Manuel

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »
Oh, so you have to look for it around the map. I hope it won't be very difficult to find. Thank you Ricalynn  ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:47:58 AM »
Actually the game will give you a notification that the weather stone has appeared and gives you the option to see exactly where it is.  It also has it's own maptag which is purple with a totem looking picture on it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Manuel

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 10:56:54 AM »
Then, it's impossible not to find it. Thanks again  :)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
I had wondered what it was, I loged on to play and the notice came to gather all the supernaturals at the weather stone.  It took me to the location, Crystal Springs I think, has the waterfall.  I checked around, didn't see anything different in the actions of the sims so went back to my garden. 

I think fall season is getting ready to start, my sims who had a garden had harvested pumpkins before I moved them; one was caving a face on a pumpkin.  Looking forward to that season.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Weather Stone
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 12:02:35 PM »
Mine was placed at Pincohole(sp) Pond

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »
My sisters weather stone came up in the park in Bridgeport where the festival park is suppose to go.  If she gets rid of the park, it will get rid of the weather stone or will it appear again?
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
Wouldn't the festival just form around it?

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »
I got my fairy to click on the weather stone and the only option on it was "view"

Offline Draekros

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 04:32:28 PM »
I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but I seem to remember my witch had the option to "make it rain". My witch has gained a few ranks in magic (up to fire/ice blast spell) now so I'll see what options he has now.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 04:33:21 PM »
Maybe it has to be during the full moon.  The day I had logged on to play happened to be the day there was to be afull moon.  That is when the box came up for me to gather the supernaturals.  I didn't connect it to the full moon, my focus was on my garden.  Since my sims were human I didn't pay any attention to it other than to click on a few supernaturals out of curiousity and nothing happened. 

Didn't check the spot out during the full moon, wonder what I would have found.  Most things of that type seem to be geared for the players.  If I had a supernatural, then something would have happened, since I didn't nothing did. 
Such as the chess tournament.  Took my sim to one once and no one showed up.  Left after a couple hours and received a notice that I  had left early and so was not able to finish in the competition.  What competition  -  there was no one there. 

Offline Draekros

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 07:56:06 PM »
So currently it's Summer in my game (I've only really just started playing) and my seasons are 14 sim days long (I like long seasons :P). My witch has the option "Summon Weather: Bewitching Rain" and "Summon Weather: Bewitching Rain With..." (the second option only becomes available if there is another witch on the lot it seems).

I have attempted to summon the rain but maybe my Witch isn't witchy enough as he has failed to "find favour with the weather stone" with both attempts (a black cloud appears above the stone, similar to the cloud which appears when you fail to cast a spell). I need to take some time out from my gardening to work on my witch magic and try again. You can only attempt to use the stone once a day.  :(

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 09:12:05 PM »
Maybe it has to be during the full moon.  The day I had logged on to play happened to be the day there was to be afull moon.  That is when the box came up for me to gather the supernaturals.  I didn't connect it to the full moon, my focus was on my garden.  Since my sims were human I didn't pay any attention to it other than to click on a few supernaturals out of curiousity and nothing happened. 

Didn't check the spot out during the full moon, wonder what I would have found.  Most things of that type seem to be geared for the players.  If I had a supernatural, then something would have happened, since I didn't nothing did. 
Such as the chess tournament.  Took my sim to one once and no one showed up.  Left after a couple hours and received a notice that I  had left early and so was not able to finish in the competition.  What competition  -  there was no one there.

I have my moon set to Waning Gibbous and it spawned. I didn't properly test it, though.

Mine spawned at the Equestrian Centre in SV, up on the Dynasty Lot. :P

Offline Draekros

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »
I got to 3rd rank of Witch magic, tried to use the stone again... this time I failed and angered the Weather Stone and promptly got zapped by lightning.  :-\

I should try and remember to take some pics of my attempts!

anything