Author Topic: A couple of roller-skating questions  (Read 20511 times)

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
A couple of roller-skating questions
« on: November 15, 2012, 05:33:35 AM »
Hi everyone! I gave a couple of questions about the skating rink (in summer).

1. I noticed that many 'supernatural' sims don't actually skate. Fairies float above the rink, and vampires just run around. Is that a bug?

2. Some sims pair up and skate together, but I couldn't find an interaction for it. Is there a way to get them to skate with a particular sim or is it completely autonomous?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: A couple of roller-skating questions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:43:32 AM »
When you click on the skating ring while your Sim is skating, you have the ability to choose "Spin With.." and that should give you a list of all the Sims that are currently skating.  As for the supernatural sims, I don't know if it's a bug or just not something that was worked on.   Seasons and Supernatural were in production at the same time by two different teams.   When they go somewhere, fairies float and vampires run so it never got updated that when they were skating for it to be a different animation than their normal movement one.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:18:34 AM »
Thank you, Ricalynn. That's odd, because I can't see the "Spin With..." option when I do that. Only "Change skating direction to counterclockwise" and "Skate backwards", both greyed out.

Too bad about supernatural sims. I hope they'll fix it in the next patch. I've found a temporary solution for my vampire though - when he gets sunstroke and loses his powers he finally skates as he should. :D

Offline Saga

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »
Maybe Spin with needs some level skill (hidden skill).   I'm now only downloading that ice lounge and then I can start playing.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
Spinning requires level 3 I believe. It also raises the skill bar significantly faster than simply skating around the rink.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »
Had the same issue, and option to spin is not available on small skating rink, only on big ones. Had 2 Sims with romantic interest, both maxed skating and no option ever appeared. Went into build mode (testingcheatsenabled true; buydebug; shift+click on lot - build on lot; eyedropp on skate ring and got to see small and big ones without much search). As soon as I replaced small rink with big one and got both Sims to skate on, I got the option to Spin with..

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »
Hi everyone! I gave a couple of questions about the skating rink (in summer).

1. I noticed that many 'supernatural' sims don't actually skate. Fairies float above the rink, and vampires just run around. Is that a bug?

2. Some sims pair up and skate together, but I couldn't find an interaction for it. Is there a way to get them to skate with a particular sim or is it completely autonomous?

From what I hear, EA made a msitake. Hopefully, they will correct it with a patch. Part of the problem is that certain supernaturals do not walk like humans (they float, run fast or fly), so how can they keep their feet on the ground to skate?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 05:08:19 PM »
Hmm... Did some testing (on a big rink in the park).
Two normal sims got the "Spin With..." option right from the start, both of them had zero level in skating. The witch and vampire didn't get the option even after they had maxed the skill. The normal sim could ask the witch to spin with him, but not vice versa.
So yeah, looks like the supernatural status is the cause of the problem. :(

Thank you for all your suggestions, guys. :)

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 05:17:36 PM »
Actually that isn't a problem. I don't have Seasons yet, but I've been on the announcement thread and on a blog it was mentioned the Supernaturals have their own interactions with objects like the skating rink. It went something like, "Fairies will fly around the rink and werewolves will do their hunting routine." But you guys could have a point about various glitches with the rink and asking sims to skate with them.

Offline sunnydays

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »
I was under the impression that the supernaturals' different 'skating' methods were meant to be part of the game, not a glitch. Don't remember where I read that though, sorry. They do look pretty silly, though, and I'd be more than happy if EA changed that.

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
From what I hear, EA made a msitake. Hopefully, they will correct it with a patch. Part of the problem is that certain supernaturals do not walk like humans (they float, run fast or fly), so how can they keep their feet on the ground to skate?

Uhm... I assume a simbot will have both rollerblades as skates integrated in its hardware. And if not, they should deserve the ability of an upgrade. A double upgrade.

Offline Ztoast

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 04:28:09 AM »
My two human Sims were able to spin with each other right away, but they always fell xD They're both maxed now and they still fall when they spin together.

Zombies do their zombie run around the rink, which I find hilarious and better than them waiting around to attack my Sims.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 05:25:25 AM »

Wow, it's exactly like my dreams! ;D (I can't even do flying dreams right. In probably 95% of the dreams I remember I have to make a real effort to stay on the ground when walking, or I float up - it varies whether other people notice, if they do they disapprove like I'm doing something inappropriate. I have problems with shortened calf muscles in real life that can make walking painful sometimes so it's probably related.)

On topic, I actually... kind of thought it was cute when my werewolf was galloping around the rink, especially when an NPC came out too and she was just racing past. It would have been even cuter if she was skating, but still using her hands for the fast gallop-skate. My witch was too busy trying all the snow cone flavours so I haven't seen her skating.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »
I was wondering how much a behavior in skating is connected to what type of supernatural or just the indiviudals own character.  When my sims were skating SV, Beau Andrews, who is a fairy (which I find just totally weird), was floating around the rink and pushing other sims down.  It looked intentional and I was wondering if that was park of the prankster in fairies, or just his rude personality. 

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »

I thought this was quite funny. Vampire and a werewolf 'roller-skating' at the same time. Maybe it was a race? Vampire/werewolf rivalry  :P
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock