Author Topic: Does installing Seasons fix any of the bugs introduced with the last patch?  (Read 7563 times)

Offline Wai

• Immortal
I've been reading the poss here and get the impression that the telescope is working for those who have seasons installed.

I have not ordered it yet and, in any case, it is not released here for anpther two days.  I was planning to leave purchasing seasons for a while.  However, the inability to use a telescope and the inability to analyse space rocks is causing me problems now as I was working on supemaxing collecting and logic prior to the update and now I really need to get on with these two skills as I have supermaxed every other skill except photography.  I do not want to use mods.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Yes, the telescope does work for Seasons; the only reason it doesn't without was that the coding was partially set up for Aliens, and so it never worked. Eventually there will be another patch that fixes said problems for those without, but right now it's Seasons or live without.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Wai, the telescope works again, and Rica says you can move in together after the wedding. I don't know about space rocks, but will check.
Also, the mysterious objects showing up in your family inventory now come with notes from sims who are attracted to your sims.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jestina

• Occult
So they are pretty much trying to force us to pay another 40+ if we want a working game. Ridiculous. I guess i'll have to try and roll back to the last patch.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
So they are pretty much trying to force us to pay another 40+ if we want a working game. Ridiculous. I guess i'll have to try and roll back to the last patch.
For one thing no one is forcing you to buy anything, I'm sure they'll make a patch, they fixed a glitch that had been around since pets. The one that made fish disappear, just see if there is a patch to download with your launcher.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline gracieoscar

• Llama Wrangler
Does anyone want to have a guess at when the next patch might be?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Does anyone want to have a guess at when the next patch might be?

The EA Magic Answer Ball says ask again later.  Until EA says we're getting another patch, it's all speculation into the fact that we may be getting one.   I have seen nothing on the twitter stating that another patch will be coming anytime soon.  They don't always announce these things so it's a wait & see.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher

For one thing no one is forcing you to buy anything, I'm sure they'll make a patch, they fixed a glitch that had been around since pets. The one that made fish disappear, just see if there is a patch to download with your launcher.

I to some extent agree and understand Jestina feels,

It isn't so much forcing, that would be "we will never fix it so if you want to stop the glitches you have to buy Seasons" .  They are not doing that; however, I feel it is to some extent a "forcing" for me to buy Seasons if I needed the fix now.  I am still waiting for the fix for the garden glitch. If I was a self-employed gardner I would find it very frustrating; and to get the glitch fixed I had to buy another expansion pack or wait -- who knows how long  -  I would feel forced.  How long was the wait for the fish fix?  I don't know but those who were seriously affected by it could probably tell you.

I know it isn't intentional -- they are a business and their thinking is bottom dollar.  What is important, money wise, financial gain, is more important than fixing a certain glitch that affects a limited number of players.

Forced -- well, that depends on that person's viewpoint.   

If I am offending anyone with what I am stating, that is not my goal, just to wanted to state how I can see that to Jestina, she is feeling forced; and that is important to her.  I just wanted to clarify what I think Jestina feels, and I know to some extent, what I feel.  Feelings are, for the most part, an individual's emotional reaction.    Again, I am not wanting to offend, or ignore others viewpoint, and if it seems that way, I appologize.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Well put, Janna, it is frustrating and does not seem fair that the game can be broken at any time and left broken for an indefinate time unless you buy the latest expansion.

As to the broken gardening, there is a partial workaround for gardeners who want to garden in WA destinations. - You must have a sim who has never collected anything (a new sim for example).  You take the sim to a WA destination. (The one where you want to be able to garden.)  Before you do anything else, get the sim to harvest a wild plant (or a plant in any garden).  This will initiate the collecting ledger and there will be a plants page.  Gardening in the home town will not be affected and you will now be able to garden in the chosen destination too.  Sorry, gardening remains broken for the remaining two destinations.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
I have Seasons and gardening is still broke for me. My main Sim Agnes still has no plants page, my point is of course bugs are annoying, in fact I hate them as much as anyone else. But EA can't control all glitches and bugs, it's not like they say lets throw one in for kicks. the glitch had to do with Seasons which is way Seasons fixed it. EA doesn't plan to have glitches or bugs, a computer game like this is bound to have them. The first two didn't have many bugs do to the fact they where simpler, The Sims 3 is far more complicated. Janna I wasn't offended by what you said at all. 
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline jestina

• Occult
Re: Does installing Seasons fix any of the bugs introduced with the last patch?
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 05:15:29 PM »
It seems kinda obvious that an important component of the game would be broken when you only implant partial coding. Seems a little shady that they gave us a patch that bugged the game because of ep coding...for an ep that wasn't out yet. If I remember correctly, in the past they released a patch for the base game and then a separate patch dealing with expansions.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »
It seems kinda obvious that an important component of the game would be broken when you only implant partial coding. Seems a little shady that they gave us a patch that bugged the game because of ep coding...for an ep that wasn't out yet. If I remember correctly, in the past they released a patch for the base game and then a separate patch dealing with expansions.
Patches have always been released before a EP's launch so players can have some of the features of the EP if they don't buy it. They stopped patching to the EP, now all patches go to the Base Game. Supernatural's patch gave the ability to make Supernaturals in CAS, and all the sliders they released for it. Seasons patch gave the ability to swim in the ocean, and the diving board.
We are of peace, always.

Offline Markel1970A

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 08:16:43 PM »

Yeah, but it's shady because of the marriage thing is bugged. (You have to get Seasons to have your spouse move in and change their last name to your Sim's surname.)

LOL

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 08:43:54 PM »
Yeah, but it's shady because of the marriage thing is bugged. (You have to get Seasons to have your spouse move in and change their last name to your Sim's surname.)

LOL

They will eventually fix that.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 10:12:51 AM »

Edited for correction in one area (appricate being given this info)

I was politely informed that Sims is a top selling game in EA, has broke records and is the longest series and a huge income source.  It doesn't change my perception or feelings, but does correct missinformation in financial aspect. THAT, facts, are important.   

I hate the phrase, but Devil's Advocate here for both sides.  Frist and formost, EA  is a business.  It does have some complex games; some more than others.   Skyrim (or however it is spelled) is an extremely complex game, has won awards, according to my son.  I have seen those games he plays.  The complexity of SIMs to such a game as that is well, none. 

A game that sells a half a million receives much less attention than a game that sells five million copies and just numbers [corrected, series is top selling game(s)], I don't know the real amount jut grabbed a number.  Sims is pocket change [corrected, huge money maker].  There is no incentive to fix the glitches of sims games as soon as they show up, they will get to it when they get to it.  It is a business, they have priorities. Cold, hard facts, it is a business. Basically, it is the same thing that Rhett said to Scarlett in Gone With the Wind. 

The want to give a taste of a new ex pack so they add some stuff to a patch for problems in the coding they made earlier.  But, those patches will create problems that can ONLY be fixed by buying the new ex pack or waiting for whenever they get around to fixing the problem.  They don't really care is it bothering other players.  It isn't intentional, it's business.   Again, I don't have a problem with it, it is business.  I don't have to like it but I understand it.

Flip side, Jane Doe here; it may be business to them but it is personal to me (You've Got Mail, anyone).  It affects my enjoyment and goals I have set in my game and I don't like it and I don't see why it can't be fixed.  If there are mods who can fix these problems in no time, it shows that it wouldn't be that hard for EA to put a person to correcting the mistakes they made in their own programing. They added in a sample to enticed players to buy the new pack, that I have no intention of buying, but when they made it, it created problems in my present packs.  Couldn't they have taken a couple weeks, or months, to fix so it wouldnt' happen?  I don't want to buy the new pack; I want to play the ones I have.  But, now I have to wait who knows how long; a couple of months, years?  It is a simple game, compared to the other games they make.  They can easily fix the problem, why aren't they?

Mickey D's is sorry they forgot to put pickles on your hamburger, you can wait until the rush has settled and they will give you the pickles, or you can get in line and buy some fries and they will give you your pickles.  Simple as that.  The rush crowd of a bus tour is more important at that moment than a single customer.
It is a business; cold hard facts.    I can accept it.

Hope I haven't offended anyone, just wanted to try to give how I see both sides.  Edited to provide accurate inforation

anything