Author Topic: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): A Painful Decision/Graveyard  (Read 17381 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): Post-Ambrosia Lull (11/26)
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »
Yep, sorry, all the time. Clean Slate will get rid of it though.

Trip, you don't have to give them what they want, you know! Just because they want a boy or a girl doesn't mean you have to promise that wish.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
I know, but there is some satisfaction in letting Willow do what she wants. I actually wanted generation three to be a boy until Gwen wished for a boy and Justin Kayes ended up having a son. It's gonna get complicated, but I have a backup involving Felix, a nice Jones-Brown girl, and lots of luck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 01:38:12 PM »
Well I wish you that luck. By the way, can't believe I let this pass, but how right were you about Goodwin looking stunning as an Elder? I hope he looks so great in my game!

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 01:51:04 PM »
Yeah, I was shocked with how well Goodwin aged looks-wise. Though he uses a cane now, and it makes me sad to see him so frail while Sinbad remains a dashing young vampire. :(

Speaking of elders, most of the original teens are elders now and the original children are close to it or already there. I usually play with extended lifespans in Twinbrook or I never get far enough in a game to see that happen, but it's surreal and mildly unsettling to see them old for the first time. O_______O

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): The Kids (11/27)
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2012, 10:42:52 PM »

Dad was a little grumpy during my pregnancy. He said it was because the hospital confirmed that we were having a boy and that he wanted a granddaughter. I knew it was really because he realized that he was going to be a grandpa and truly old.

"If you're going to have a boy, you better name him Ozzy," dad grumbled.

"But why?"

"Why not?"

He took up guitar in order to feel young again. I can't blame him there.

My pregnancy went by very quickly, and interrupted my nightly shower. Dad told me to stay put.

It wasn't as bad as I thought. I carried baby Osbourne into the old, pink nursery. In line with dad's wishes, I agreed to call him Ozzy most of the time.

At last, dad came to terms with being a grandfather.

Of course, Thomas was a loving father. We celebrated his 65th birthday soon after Ozzy was born, but it didn't slow him down more than usual. He still worked at the police station during the day. It was perfectly possible since dad had nothing left to do other than babysit.

Happily for the rest of the household, Felix finally found romance. Probably not true love, but a nice kiss in the snow with Lindsay Jones-Brown. With seven of us in the house, I was hoping that no one would extend the family in any other way. I realized that I'd have enough of a full house later down the line. Felix was just fine living away from Lindsay; moving in with friends for the rest of his life felt like enough for him.

Though Ozzy was still a baby, I insisted that the adults of the house go to Shang Simla again. I had unfinished business with martial arts, though I finished it there at rank 5.

Felix decided to progress more with sculpting.

Thomas with logic.

Me with more martial arts.

And dad not doing much. He had the visa and said that it wasn't transferable. (Gwen also painted more)

When we returned home, I was happy to be back in Twinbrook, but life was pretty mundane there.

For Felix, it was about to change.

At first, Gwen was happy to return home. Peter celebrated his fifth birthday the next day, and he was even more like his mother.

Artsy.

And fearless.

But soon after that, Gwen got a somber phone call from Charmaine, Tim's roommate. It was something she should have expected, but still didn't. Tim Burre died in his sleep that night. As sorry as I felt for her, dad and I agreed that she should have seen the cycle of tragic Racket widows continue the moment she had her first kiss with Tim. We made sure not to tell her our opinions.

I didn't have a reason to be sad. Ozzy was growing up. Between his beautiful expressions and adorable dark eyes from grandpa Robert, nothing could bring me down. Dad was just happy that he could still identify Ozzy as a Grave.

Between his father's death and having a new toddler in the house, I wondered how Peter would fare. After all, he was just a kid.

In fact, he loved playing with Ozzy and handled him with incredible patience and joy.

When I exercised in the nursery between feeding Ozzy, I would always hear the two of them playing. Maybe not as equals, but it was the closest either of them would get to having a sibling.

The more I saw of them, the more I regretted not having a girl.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2012, 11:07:40 PM »
N'awwww, they're so sweet! Poor Gwen :( It was cute to see Peter being read to by his grandfather. Congrats on another rainboo! Felix looks....good with a mohawk. Very good. I like Peter's hair too. And your montage of the Shang Simla trip was funny. Yay Trip!

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »
Felix gained the mohawk after his adult birthday. He had it before I moved him in, and I took it as a sign. He's a free and rebellious spirit, after all.

Yeah, I wanted this to be the sweet and fluffy chapter. Thomas isn't getting any younger, and Gwen and Felix are not that far behind. I'm not too attached to Thomas, or even to Felix, but I'm going to miss Gwen in the worst way when she goes. D:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:44 PM »
Yeah, that's the part I always dread. Losing the ones you love  :'(

By samoht04

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2012, 05:30:32 PM »
I love the photos of the boys together, so adorable :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2012, 05:33:59 PM »
It really reminded me of my last attempt, where generation two and his would-be wife grew up together and were almost inseparable. I thought their friendship was especially sweet, but Peter and Ozzy are even sweeter.

It's a quick solution to the best friend requirement, if nothing else. ;D

Anna33

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »
Awwww, so sweet. All a happy family. So adorable.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2012, 06:05:08 PM »
They really are. Until someone in the household dies, of course.

Also, Ozzy's future wife just became a toddler in my game. She is perfectly perfect perfection, like oh my gosh. <3

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »
They really are. Until someone in the household dies, of course.

Also, Ozzy's future wife just became a toddler in my game. She is perfectly perfect perfection, like oh my gosh. <3

You mean, you hope that it works out in the end unlike Gwen.  ;D

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »
It has to work out, because she's literally the only spousal choice for him whether he likes it or not. Since she's out of my control and could end up being deplorable trait-wise, Ozzy might just use her for her genes and look for love elsewhere, or right under his nose. ;)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »
It has to work out, because she's literally the only spousal choice for him whether he likes it or not. Since she's out of my control and could end up being deplorable trait-wise, Ozzy might just use her for her genes and look for love elsewhere, or right under his nose. ;)

Even if she has deplorable traits, you can always change them. The mid-life crisis reward is only banned for immortals-to-be.