Author Topic: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): A Painful Decision/Graveyard  (Read 17393 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): A Better Decision (11/15)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »

Julienne wasn't there, though Pattina said that she often hanged around town by herself for days on end.

"Ever since she started dating that Racket boy, she's seemed so withdrawn."

And so she was there that night, sitting alone outside of the diner. She needed me as much as I needed her; I could see it clearly. I sat down with her for a chat.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Mostly."

"How's that relationship with Bill going?"

"It's okay, I guess."

"That's it?"

"Maybe it's going stale. I don't know what's up with the guy, Journs."

She was in the perfect place for me to make my move.

"Why not leave him? There are guys in Twinbrook who will give you a great life, marriage, children, you name it."

"I see what you're doing."

"I'm not trying to hide it."

We got up from her seats. I needed to make this stick. I couldn't imagine life without her now, and I wasn't letting her slip away until it was too late.

"Julienne, I've never felt so in love around anyone. You make my work worth it."

"Really?"

"I really don't want to let you go."

I drew her close for a kiss. It wasn't the first one in my many lives, but this one felt the most promising. I needed something to perk up my life.

The boys at home were already losing morale, and I didn't need any more negativity.

I started off the next day the right way.

Cooking a new, exotic recipe and enjoying my first bowl of hot and sour soup.

Calling up Penny to ask to just be friends.

And finally that night, leading Julienne to the fishing hole. I made my decision.

"It's amazing how fast is going," she said, "I never expected to fall in love so quickly. It's like I've known you for my whole life."

"I feel the same way. I haven't been the most faithful guy in my life, but I'm willing to make it better this time."

Four failed romances. Two divorces. Plenty of cheating on both sides. That's what my four past lives were like, and I had to admit it. I wanted to make it better for this time with Julienne. She's the only one who truly understood. Would she do it again?

"I trust that you will," Julienne replied, giving me a peck on the cheek.

"Then that settles it." I reached into my pocket for the box.

"Please marry me. I can't imagine life without you."

"Yes! Yes I will!"

I slipped the ring on her finger. She agreed to live with me too, which was just the plan.

Though there was something she failed to tell me. Not that she needed to worry; she accepted the blue-skinned demonoid-alien himself.

I ended the night on another good note.

"Are you still awake?" Harwood asked me.

"Barely. What now?"

"Just feeling good about my sculpting again. That's all."

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »
Journeyman made such excellent progress this update!  Great job introducing the roomates, and the MultiTab part worked really well too.

Now he's close to his adult birthday, and I'm getting a little worried. He doesn't build up LTHP that quickly, and he only has one black-op. Though I'm pretty happy with how I introduced his roomies, for sure.

Who needs staircases? :D

The Graves will one day! The dynasty lot in Twinbrook is tiny, and they need a second floor once the family grows.

Julienne....!

I hope to see her again.  Good luck! These Immortal Dynasties look interesting to attempt.

They are loads of fun. Journeyman really kept popping wishes for Julienne and was close to her for my previous attempts, so I had to stop resisting it.

They are great fun, but not easy. Dynatsy playing has spoiled me for normal games :P I get so bored now if I don't have requirements to fulfil.

Man, I'm feeling the same way now. D:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 11:07:50 PM »
Ooh that Journeyman is a naughty boy! I hope is truly changing his ways. Did he really get divorced before?

Man, I'm feeling the same way now. D:

Yep, when not playing dynasties I have to make up challenges for myself.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »
Awww I'm so glad he found Julienne again:)

I'm with you guys, I now have to play with set goals in mind.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »
Ooh that Journeyman is a naughty boy! I hope is truly changing his ways. Did he really get divorced before?

Him kissing Penny was entirely autonomous too! It's his flirty and inappropriate traits at work. She took the whole "just be friends" thing quite well, though.

Yes, he truly ended up divorced in his last two attempts, both because he was caught cheating with Julienne Marc Dilly Lolly really about half of Twinbrook. He's been an even naughtier boy in the past. ;D

Awww I'm so glad he found Julienne again:)

I was originally going to have him find someone else to increase the drama, but Journeyman's wishes won in the end. He got no wishes for Penny, but about a dozen for Julienne.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): Every Surprise (11/16)
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 08:58:15 PM »

After my engagement to Julienne, there was a thunderstorm and a strange happening.

The bright lights?

Oh no, not them.

"What do you want from me?"

"We thought that we'd check on how you're doing."

"Ms. O?"

"That's me. I'm doubting your ability to succeed in the mission again."

"I'm doing fine, let me go."

I had to argue with Ms. O. for hours inside her new vehicle. I was doing fine! But she and her henchmen were a little unrelentless with their, um, prodding.

They better leave me intact. I had a pregnant fiancee and didn't need their shenanigans overtaking my life.

Since Harwood wasn't bound to the art studio anymore, I told him to find some love since I felt a little bad for his perpetual singleness. Already approaching 90 and having decades of life as a slightly bitter widower behind him, he thought that it wasn't meant to happen.

"There are girls like Lolly Racket who will fall for anyone," I told him, "You're not out of luck."

The good news was that we were still on good enough terms for him to take my advice. The bad news was that I didn't quite realize how creepy it looked for 20-year-old Lolly to be fawning over the charms of Harwood until it was too late to sway the newly-lovestruck old sculptor.

But I was quickly able to forget about it.

Some weird weight gain was occupying my mind. Those goodies from the Bistro added up.

Julienne went into labor quicker than I expected.

And on a rainy night, we welcomed Willow Grave into the world.

I spent the night in agony right before my sink.

"DeAndre, I'm not trusting your cooking again!" I screamed.

Instead, I ended up picking up a little alien named Suas. She was an adorable thing, but I had to confront Ms. O. and the henchmen about this.

"I'm not raising her," I said.

"Not that I expected you too. Just ruffling your feathers, Journs. It keeps you on your toes for the unexpected."

And Suas was lifted up to the great UFO in the sky. Literally. I assume that she had a nice life, abducting and probing to her heart's content.

I realized that someone needed to get moving on fishing and gardening, and it wasn't going to be me. Again, it was someone on limited time, but I was desperate. He was one of the best fishers in Twinbrook. Not many people seemed to think about Skeet Bayless and his penchant for fishing, but I needed him.

"So you say that I can fish and have more kids?"

"Exactly, Skeet."

"Golly, that's just awesome!"

His work spoke for itself. I told him to just get Angelfish for bait until I sent him for the prize catch. Winter was approaching, and this was my last chance to get the coveted deathfish.

Willow soon grew into a wriggly, doe-eyed toddler. I thought she was perfect. And for a bit, I thought that nothing could get in the way of my happiness.

Until the inevitable happened.

I was working, but Harwood felt lighter after he woke up, and my worst fears were realized. The boys were sobbing when I arrived home, and I had trouble holding it in. Worse yet, this was the first time I had to live with letting him go.

Talk about having to learn to accept the unexpected.

Rest in peace, Harwood Clay. Age 93. Friend and artist.

Somehow I felt that we weren't the only ones feeling a big loss.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 02:57:25 AM »
Poor Lolly! Good story! Man, Jorneyman getting alien pregnant was weird!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sarah1992

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 05:09:08 AM »
The Graves will one day! The dynasty lot in Twinbrook is tiny, and they need a second floor once the family grows.

I was just kidding, staircases are great :) I haven't played in Twinbrook since it was released, I didn't realise the dynasty lot was so tiny.

Brilliant updates and RIP Harwood.

Louise56

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »
You are lucky, I haven't see a alien yet. Lucky for him he didn't have to raise the little one. I bet if it wasn't your dynasty you would have keep the nooboo! ;)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 06:40:10 AM »
Poor Lolly! Good story! Man, Jorneyman getting alien pregnant was weird!

Worse yet, Marigold died that night too. I want to give Lolly a big hug for forcing her to carry on those wonderfully awful Clay genes at the worst of times.

I was just kidding, staircases are great :) I haven't played in Twinbrook since it was released, I didn't realise the dynasty lot was so tiny.

Brilliant updates and RIP Harwood.

Thanks!

You are lucky, I haven't see a alien yet. Lucky for him he didn't have to raise the little one. I bet if it wasn't your dynasty you would have keep the nooboo! ;)

You bet I would. To think that the only time I got an alienboo is when I couldn't keep an alienboo (plus, the household was close to full for a tiny bit after Willow was born and Skeet moved in).

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 12:23:12 PM »
LOL at Jorneyman thinking he was giving birth to an actual burrito rather than the nooboo variety! ;D

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 07:45:31 PM »
I didn't even notice that one! I think Journeyman can totally trust DeAndre's cooking now.

Also, is it strange that I saw Harwood and Lolly's daughter and wished she looked more like her dad?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Eight Avoided Graves (The Fifth Grave Dynasty): Better Me (11/18)
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 12:24:40 PM »
(Extreme walls of text ahead)

---

After Harwood's death, I felt quite empty inside, perhaps somewhat guilty of giving him so much grief in previous lives, or perhaps because I made him spend his retirement enslaved to me. I don't know what the rest of the household thought, but a cloud of grief hung over all of us for a while.

Seeing Willow's bright and happy face made it all better, though. She was truly a perfect little girl, though I was always too busy at work or in the home kitchen to spend time with her. DeAndre picked up most of the work.

We needed another sculptor, and Julienne stepped up to the role. She was feeling restless from a lack of work.

Harwood liked to haunt the lot on occassion after his passing. I decided to speak with him since I had the chance to.

"I'm sorry for everything," I said.

"Yeah, I kind of found out."

That was a little odd. How could he find out? He was a ghost, not a watcher.

"You can find out a lot of things when you're in limbo," he continued.

"I was a terrible person back then," I said.

"Hey, at least you're changing," he said. "We never talked much this time, but I appreciated how you tried to make things better. It was a wonderful time with you."

We spent the night just chatting. Harwood was having a great time in the after-life. His best friend was there waiting for him, and he got to make amends with his ex-wife. He was able to learn everything he never got to on earth, meet the great artists he idolized, and make new friends. "I don't really get why you want to be immortal when the afterlife can be so great."

"It's just a mission. With all that knowledge, you can find out what it is," I said. "I couldn't imagine a better sculptor than you, Harwood. Take care."

"Thanks, Journs."

"Also, you have a daughter. Her name is Gwen," I said before he left.

"You think I would ignore my family? I've visited them too. I wish I was there for her, but Gwen is in good care."

And he disappeared into the aether.

I wanted to make things better, and I did. No cheating, only one fling before I met Julienne, no enemies, and all my housemates thought highly (or at least not badly) of me. But there was one more thing I had to do.

I asked Julienne outside during pouring rain. We were sweaty and forgot to shower between our work schedules, and I was still in my pajamas. It was almost freezing outside.

"I've mentioned that I've been a terrible person, and I came into this with a lot of baggage," I said.

"And you've done wonderfully, dear. I don't know everything that has happened, but I couldn't ask for a better man."

I told her everything on the spot. About Union Cove and my nearly-tortured housemates. How Ilyona and Lysithea ran off when I came home from work unruly and exhausted, and how Perigrine and James were often passed out on the floor of a cramped house and I did nothing about any of it. About Twinbrook, and my quick marriage to Gala. How I yelled at her until my throat was raw, and hit her across the face for cheating on me with Buddy while I then ran off to smooch Marc in front of the diner. About how I started over and tricked Molly into marrying me. How I moved in Lolly and openly left my wife for her. How I tricked Harwood and Sofia into marriage. How I screamed at everyone until my throat was raw and the plan was unraveled.

"It's in the past," Julienne said. "But I guess I should ask where was I in all this?"

"I gave you a kiss after work one day during the third one, and I wanted you to live with me. I left because I felt that I didn't have a lot of time left with you. You were 50 at the time. I feared you the next time, but my life felt so empty without you. And when I failed, you were the only one to care."

"So you always loved me?"

"Julienne, I couldn't bear life without you any of the times. And I can't now."

"After all that you went through, I can't bear to break your heart."

I wanted to marry her on my front lawn. In freezing rain with tears down my cheeks. She couldn't wait any longer either.

"I promise to stick by your side and keep my faith in you," she said as she slipped the ring on my finger. "You deserve another chance. You deserve me."

"Promise?" I whispered.

"Promise."

We kissed under the storm, and I still cried knowing that Julienne still accepted me after everything.

Louise56

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 06:58:17 AM »
A wedding in the rain! How awesome is that. ;D Congrats to the happy couple.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 07:01:27 AM »
When Journeyman had two wishes to get married and it was pouring rain outside, I knew that they had to stop living in sin and get hitched. Thanks!