Author Topic: Dek Hardin in Riverview - Immortal Dynasty - Graveyard please  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Dek Hardin in Riverview - Immortal Dynasty - Graveyard please
« on: November 09, 2012, 03:12:12 PM »
Well, I'm back again ... let's see how I go this time. :)

I'm doing my sim self this time ... or at least the sim self of my persona on this forum. Deklitch Hardin is not my real name, after all, and really outside of him being a male, a capricorn and loving the colour red, there isn't a whole lot that is similar between him and me.

Rather than starting a brand new file from scratch, I am using one I had already started playing under the Immortal Dynasty rules. You all know what I'm like with pictures in these things, however I do know I took screenshots as I played on this file, so I'll try to find them as I post updates.

I hope I don't send the incorrect sim to eat ambrosia this time. Actually, that whole thing was a mistake, beginning to end. I was having Emma make the ambrosia with the purpose of it being put on the replicator. I got distracted in game with other sims, and on my return to the kitchen, she had finished making it fully. How I sent Moses instead of Adam to eat that ambrosia is still beyond me ... but enough about that ... I'm now here to tell the story of Deklitch Hardin.

Immortal Stats and Photos
Chapter 1 - Meeting the Founder
Chapter 2 - Enter the Grisbys

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Dek Hardin in Riverview - Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 03:27:37 PM »
Best of luck to you this time. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 03:46:20 PM »
Immortal Stats and Photos

Deklitch Hardin (Founder)
Unique LTW - Illustrious Author
3 Unique LTRs - No Bills Ever
Other LTRs - Steel Bladder
Career - Self Employed Writer
Unique Supermaxed Skill - Writing
Other Skills - Painting
6 Black Ops - Rising Writer, Make-A-Dream, Art Class,
6 Unique Best Friends -
Owned Building -
Owned Property -
YA Museum Pieces -
Adult Museum Pieces -
Elder Museum Pieces -

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 04:11:01 PM »
Chapter 1 - Introducing the Founder ...

Me: Forum Members, meet Deklitch Hardin, an aspiring illustrious author. He read about the Auroras in Sunset Valley and concluded he wanted to be an author, just like his personal favourite from that dynasty, Klara. She was their founder, just like Dek is going to be. Say Hello, Dek.

Dek: Hello, Dek!

Me: Smartypants. Anyway, Dekli ...

Dek: Don't call me Dekli, Sir ... you and I both know we don't like being called that.

Me: Ok then ... Litch ...

Dek: Nor that! We've both been through it and we both hate those nicknames, it is either Deklitch or Dek, or I do something that'll invalidate THIS attempt.

Me: You wouldn't dare ...

Dek: Try calling me Litch or Dekl again and see.

Forum Members: Would you just get on with it? There are other stories to read.

Dek: Tell him, Forum Members ...

Me: *Sighs* I knew this was a bad idea. Dek has the following traits: Bookworm, Hopeless Romantic, Artistic, Ambitious, Computer Whiz. He wants to be an Illustrious Author, with writing as his supermaxed skill, and self employed writer as his maxed career.

Dek: Actually I want to be a hacker and make money from that.

Me: We've been through this before, hacker is not a career option.

Dek: I know, I just wanted to state what I actually wanted to do, that's all.

Me: Do you mind?

Dek: Mind, I have no mind, I'm the village idiot.

Forum Members: *clears throats collectively*

Me: Anyway, Dek needs help, as you all can clearly see, unfortunately psychiatrists and psychologists are in short supply in Riverview, and so I sent him searching for friends.

Dek: I told you ... I want to bring Elaine Joy in ...

Me: Not going to happen this time ... I've got your future housemates in mind already, and it isn't really that far away. You get three instead of one! And besides, Elaine is a werewolf this game. So here you go ... visit them and charm your way into their lives, you know how to do it ...

Dek: Oh you mean person ... not THIS family ...

Me: Yes, this family. Don't threaten me, I control you with the click of a button, my sim friend. MWA HA HA HA HA.

Dek: HELP!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
Hello Dek - or should I say greeting fellow founder,

I hope your career and skill choice will be as rewarding for you as they have proven to be to me. Unlike some of the other sims in my dynasty I have never failed to spawn new wishes to write more and more books. So being a writer is the gift that keeps on giving.

Unwanted housemates can be a pain, but do not let your prejudices keep you from seeing their potential. I started my dynasty with two men I couldn't stand in the house - and I ended up married to one of them!

Finally, I commiserate on your Watcher bossing you around. I have been spared the annoyance of a Watcher always trying to put its two cents in every post. I hope that you manage to wrestle control of your destiny from you Watcher, so that you can go on to achieve immortal glory.

Best Wishes.

Klara A. Aurora 

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 12:53:34 AM »
Dek;

With watchers, they're always stuffing their noses into your business, it's something you have to deal with. The one upside to it is that you don't have to deal with watching out for those pesky requirements yourself. Keep at the annoying of your watcher and look for more ways to do it. However, if you do something to fail this opportunity at being immortal, you may be forced to do it over and over again.

Regards,
              Ciaran Grey

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »
Chapter 2 - Enter the Grisby's
Me: We come back to the action with Dek looking for housemates and a potential spouse. I found the perfect catch for him, some may find them a bit on the nose or hard to 'ear, but they aren't all that bad, really.

Dek: Shush.

Me: Would you rather Mr Cotteneye?

Dek: No

Me: Then don't shush me.

Dek: I meant don't go making jokes about the Grisbys when one of them is right here.

Me: Oh, don't you know, until people join your family, they can't hear me. At the moment, she thinks you're weird. If only she knew.

Yvette: Who is making fun of my family? I'm Yvette Grisby! My daughter, Laurel, is disappearing back into the house as she dislikes the outdoors, but she's talented and artistic. My husband is also heading off, maybe to see if he can get promoted, he's rather ambitious.

Dek: Oh, just one of the Shallows, I told them it wasn't appropriate, the comments they were making. My name is Dek Hardin. I was wondering if we could talk for a bit.

Yvette: Well, I am a chef, but I can spare a bit of time.

Dek: I need some help, and I think you, your husband and Laurel are the ones to help me. I know you are a chef, but I also suspect you have a love for gardenig,

Yvette: That's right, but I don't want to give up the chef work.

Dek: You can be a chef all you like. All I'm asking is that you engage in your passion for gardening, and if what I hear is correct, I understand that in his younger days, all the way back to when he was in school that Walter loved to sculpt, and that he caught fish regularly as a youngster.

Yvette: You've certainly been thorough, Dek. All of that is correct. How can Laurel, Walter and myself help

Dek: Well, I am doing an immortal dynasty and I need some help with the things I need to do.

Yvette: But why us? Why not Constance, Elaine, Billy or one of the other popular choices?

Dek: Because I think you guys deserve the chance, I considered all of them, but the three of you is the option I have gone with. I also know that you have a desire to be surrounded by family. I like my helpers getting things achieved as well, and I think that between the four of us - Walter, Laurel, yourself and myself we can successfully raise another four sims from nooboos to teens.

Yvette: But my figure ... it'll go to ruin after giving birth four more times!

Dek: You won't necessarily have to give birth another four times, I've got a plan! *whispers into Yvette's ear*

Yvette: You clever clever sim! Why didn't I think of that? Laurel, Walter, pack up your things, we're moving in with Dek.

Me: In honour of this moment, Dek wrote a romance novel named "Multiplication Is The Aim of the Game" as well as two Non Fiction Books "The Ugly Gene and You" and "The Ugly Gene Defeated".

Dek: Those two non-fiction books will be about someone dealing with a person by the name of Gene who is very ugly in terms of thoughts, words and deeds, as well as appearance. I also want to write sci fi and fiction books.

Me: Of course, I believe you, Dek, thousands wouldn't, but I do.

Dek: Leave me, Sir ... *spots Laurel* ... oh wow!

Me: You dirty old man! She's a teenager!

Dek: She won't always be a teenager though, and don't make me go all blue screen of death on this game.

Me: You wouldn't dare.

Dek: Wouldn't I?

Yvette: Whoever are you speaking to, Dekkie?

Dek: You'll find out soon enough, Yvette.

Me: Dekkie ... I love it!

Louise56

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 03:50:44 AM »
I didn't know you can be so funny lol! ;) I really love it.
I hope there will be pictures of their 'lovely' children. :P

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: Dek Hardin in Riverview - Immortal Dynasty - Graveyard please
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 03:29:13 PM »
The game just crashed and burned and became very buggy. Yvette had successfully completed her LTW and then the whole thing froze and knocked me out to the Windows 7 screen. I was not impressed. Also, I had the options selected to not populate the world with vampires, fairies or werewolves, and to set the world to a single lunar phase, however vampires, fairies, werewolves and zombies kept on appearing.

All in all, please send to the graveyard. :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Dek Hardin in Riverview - Immortal Dynasty - Graveyard please
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
Oh no, not again. D: