Author Topic: Stocking ponds with fish  (Read 15793 times)

hayshed

Stocking ponds with fish
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:30:27 PM »
Hey, was wondering what the limitations on stocking ponds with fish are.

I have made some ponds at my lot and I could stock one with only a few basic fish, and then tried again
with another pond and could stock other fish. The inventory of my sim was the same, and his fishing level
both times was 10 (I think). Does anyone know whats suppose to happen?

Also, is there anything I have to worry about when stocking public ponds? Can I un-stock fish?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Stocking ponds with fish
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 12:00:24 AM »
Hey, was wondering what the limitations on stocking ponds with fish are.

I have made some ponds at my lot and I could stock one with only a few basic fish, and then tried again
with another pond and could stock other fish. The inventory of my sim was the same, and his fishing level
both times was 10 (I think). Does anyone know whats suppose to happen?

Also, is there anything I have to worry about when stocking public ponds? Can I un-stock fish?

I don't know what the deal with only being able to stock one pond with a few basic fish and then stock another with different fish is, unless you did not have at least 10 stockable fish in inventory.  

Edit : There are no limitations on stocking ponds.
You can stock any public pond with any fish you choose, but you may not un-stock the pond without using cheats.  If you want to know this, just post the question and someone will be more then happy to tell you how to do so.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 04:16:21 AM »
Really the only thing you need to stock a pond is at least 10 of the same kind of fish.  It doesn't matter what your fishing skill level is.  As far as I know, you can stock every type of fish in a pond.  I don't know why you would want to unstock a pond and I don't know how to do it, either.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

hayshed

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 04:10:55 AM »
Ah thanks, I was unaware that you needed 10 of a type of fish to stock a pond. Must of been the source of my confusion.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:33:41 PM »
What about restocking a pond? How much does each restock increase the teild of a particular fish?

fogmomjazz

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 08:31:12 AM »
I found when I stocked a pond at home with low quality deathfish, all I could get was the same low-quality catches... is this the same for everyone?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 12:33:44 PM »
I don't know but makes sense to me. I only stock my ponds once I have 10 perfect fish, then my Sims usually catches perfect or outstanding fish.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 01:08:01 PM »
I don't know but makes sense to me. I only stock my ponds once I have 10 perfect fish, then my Sims usually catches perfect or outstanding fish.

The catch rate seems really low though compared to the typical "This is a great place to fish" spots. That's what's kind of turned me off about fishing from your own pond.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 08:00:19 PM »
So... the yield of a pond is not increased depending on the amount of times you stock it?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 08:35:10 AM »
So... the yield of a pond is not increased depending on the amount of times you stock it?

Now that I do not know. I've only stocked a pond once with 10 fish and the catch rate was really low.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure the pond won't become a "great spot to fish" if you keep stocking the same species over and over, but I don't know if it does if you stock many different species. This is a counterweight to being able to fish deathfish any time of the day.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 08:56:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure the pond won't become a "great spot to fish" if you keep stocking the same species over and over, but I don't know if it does if you stock many different species. This is a counterweight to being able to fish deathfish any time of the day.

An enormous counterweight. With the commercial fishing challenge completed I find I can catch 6 deathfish at the graveyard by 2 AM. That's only 2 hours of work.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 10:48:38 AM »
You are really lucky, then. My sim can barely catch 5 deathfishes per night (0:00-5:00), even though he has all the challenge stuff completed and is using angelfish as bait. This is because he keeps stopping every 30 sim-minutes due to passing ghosts (they still love leaving the graveyard). For me, it's better to catch deathfish on a stocked pond.

This got me thinking, if we stock the graveyard pond with deathfish (at the other side of the pond, not the same spot it already spawns), will we be able to fish it all day long? This would make it more realistic than having a pond of deathfish in your backyard, or random deathfish swimming in the park lake.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 11:45:22 AM »
Recently, I decided to catch lots of deathfish and the bait was angelfish, and the latter's bait was alley catfish (if I'm not wrong). I had bought tons of alley catfish from the supermarket and stocked my home pond. All of them were of normal quality. And, to my surprise, I caught a lot of perfect alley catfish! I went out to catch angelfish and got approximately 7-8 deatfish for each fishing session (11 PM - 4/5 AM). I suppose that the quality of the stocked fish does not count if the Sim has completed all of the fishing challenges that boost the rate of catching fish and their qualities.
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 11:51:14 AM »
You are really lucky, then. My sim can barely catch 5 deathfishes per night (0:00-5:00), even though he has all the challenge stuff completed and is using angelfish as bait. This is because he keeps stopping every 30 sim-minutes due to passing ghosts (they still love leaving the graveyard).

Ah, then you're not standing in the right place. This took some experimenting on my part but I finally found the perfect place — you want to be smack in the middle of the side closest to the catacombs.