Author Topic: Never had a Meteor Shower  (Read 42155 times)

Offline Forest_Bear

• Llama Wrangler
  • Simlish Song Addict
    • My Tumblr
Never had a Meteor Shower
« on: October 31, 2012, 02:45:33 AM »
I have had Ambitions for a while now and no matter what I do or what town I play in I cannot seem to get any meteors. Does anyone else have the same problem? Or is this another one of my games quirks?
Hi Im new! Call me Forest or Boo.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Never had a Meteor Shower
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:51:00 AM »
I've had no meteors, and I've had Ambitions since release.

I looked into the code once, the chances were less than 0.01% per hour, any hour, for a meteor under any conditions, I think.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:06:29 AM »
I've had 1 meteor shower and when the meteor crashed into the ground my game crashed to the desktop. :(
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 04:58:27 AM »
I've only ever had one, and it wasn't anything impressive since my Sim was in a taxi and just kept right on going.

Also, I may or may not have done some Sim-magic to send all my meteors to pour destruction and pink posies on people.

(Which leads me to the totally off-topic ponderance of what Artie is going to do when Seasons comes out and he can pick wildflowers...)

Louise56

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 05:25:56 AM »
It happen to me only once. My sim was on her way to City Hall, I teleport her home lol. Afterwards I send her to pick up all the space rocks. A few sims was singed for quite some time. :P

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 06:28:11 AM »
I've had *ponders* at least 16 meteors since Ambitions came out.   Several of which within my dynasty files with only two hitting my dynasty house.   I'm told it's a really rare occurence but I guess I just get lucky!   I think it's just so random that some people feel like they get them more than others. 

Do your sims use the telescope?  You may not be able to if you're patched up but did you before now?   I think using the telescope makes it more likely to happen but I'd have to check the game code for that one.

Psst Shirin -- Hopefully Artie will be done by the time Seasons comes out.  *fingers crossed*  Doesn't mean there won't be pictures of him with wings picking flowers though.  *innocent*
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 08:58:22 AM »
Nope you are not the only one, in fact I thought I was! I've had Ambitions since Christmas, nearly a year now and not a single meteor, guess they just don't like me.  :P I don't really mind but it would be nice to experience one just to see what they are like.

Posted by: Ricalynn
« on: Today at 06:28:11 AM » Psst Shirin -- Hopefully Artie will be done by the time Seasons comes out.  *fingers crossed*  Doesn't mean there won't be pictures of him with wings picking flowers though.  *innocent*

Oooh, Artie is soooo gonna looooove you for that ... not! He probably won't be forgiving you anytime soon. Or living it down:P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
I was playing a deserted island made by Richdre and my sim and his toddler son were the only sims only the lot.
The toddler gets a pop-up "wonders why the sky has suddenly gotten dark". I had his father pick him up and sent them to the road with a "go here". He didn't quite make it. The meteor struck and wiped out everything on the lot. The father was singed and the toddler was unhurt.
That was my first meteor. There have been several since.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »
Before, I had to many fatal meteor strikes. Recently, none (Glad for it). If you REALLY want one, go to NRaas and it's either Master Controller or Bebug, that will cause meteors. (Sorry, I forget which one).

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 05:46:30 PM »
Be careful what you wish for!

I've had meteorites in a lot of my games.  They're very destructive, and I'd be happy to never see another one.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »
Be careful what you wish for!

I've had meteorites in a lot of my games.  They're very destructive, and I'd be happy to never see another one.  :)
Amen!! I've had a few and they are very destructive. I know I already stated what Schip said but I wanted to stress that point lol. I love the game, but hate the meteors!

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »
I had one, but it only demolished my front door.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
I had one, but it only demolished my front door.
Lucky you!! I've had a few and they have destroyed a lot of expensive furniture, my garden and my precious money trees!!

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »
Lucky you!! I've had a few and they have destroyed a lot of expensive furniture, my garden and my precious money trees!!

Meteors like Evil sims obviously. The one I had fell straight on some unlucky (Trait), Good (Trait) sim that was visiting. He was locked out of my legacy house  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 11:26:42 PM »
Posted by: Wiry
« on: Today at 09:03:10 PM » Meteors like Evil sims obviously.

Artie is living proof of this.  :P

anything