Author Topic: Problem supermaxing Nectar making. - Answered Thankyou.  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Problem supermaxing Nectar making. - Answered Thankyou.
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:54:12 PM »
My sim has completed all the challenges except Vizard of Vine.

The challenge requires 400 home grown grapes be made into nectar.  According to my calculations I have made in excess of 600 grapes into nectar.  At the start, I did have a few wild grapes, no more than a couple of dozen though.

Is there something I am missing?  Does it mean 400 purple grapes or 400 grapes of any variety?  Or, do the grapes have to be made in single variety batches?   Or, is the problem that I have grown all my grapes and made all my nectar while on vacation in France?

Any help would be appreciated.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
Re: Problem supermaxing Nectar making
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 02:26:58 AM »
Wai,
I did this with a Sim on vacation in France. He planted a bunch of French grapes and made nectar from them. I didn't keep track, but I had planted about 50 plants. All he did was harvest and make nectar. He eventually hit the Vizard of the Vine and Mix Master. I took a screenshot of the skill journal as I'd never done it before.
Ultimately, yes, you can do it in France if you have a vacation home but I think it needs to be done with the French grape varieties.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Problem supermaxing Nectar making. - Answered Thankyou.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 05:17:35 AM »
Thank you, lvrugger.

I had made 4 batches using 8 grapes, 1 lime and 1 life, so that accounted for 32 bottles.  Anyway, after another 12 baches, all french grapes, I got it.  It certainly took more than 400 french grapes to achieve, even allowing for the few wild grapes which probably got in there ffom when I explored the tomb which leads to the little island. 

I guess I paniced too soon.  Thank you for your reasurance.  Now I can get on exploring the possibilities of lifefruit/fruity mixtures.  I understand that lifefruit makes the best nectar.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
Re: Problem supermaxing Nectar making. - Answered Thankyou.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 06:27:40 AM »
I'm glad, Wai.
There is a thread here about nectar values and recipes, but the absolute best is 9 life fruit and 1 pomegranate. The better the quality of the fruit the more the nectar will cost, so use perfect fruit for the highest value stuff.

anything