Author Topic: What a Pain in the Options! Changing Lifespans  (Read 3762 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
What a Pain in the Options! Changing Lifespans
« on: June 19, 2010, 02:31:13 PM »
I've got a lot of different town saves, and I'm thinking of trying challenges now for the first time. Most of my towns are set at epic length, so if I do a challenge requiring a different life span, my understanding is that changing the challenge town's lifespan option will change it for all the towns I've saved. Each time I switch from my "normal" towns to a challenge town or back I'd have to remember to change the lifespan option too, right?

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd remember to do that each time I switch, and that would throw off the challenge. How do you handle that?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: What a Pain in the Options!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »
I've got a lot of different town saves, and I'm thinking of trying challenges now for the first time. Most of my towns are set at epic length, so if I do a challenge requiring a different life span, my understanding is that changing the challenge town's lifespan option will change it for all the towns I've saved. Each time I switch from my "normal" towns to a challenge town or back I'd have to remember to change the lifespan option too, right?

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd remember to do that each time I switch, and that would throw off the challenge. How do you handle that?

Yes you have to remember to change the life span back.  I generally just play my challenge until the end to save myself from having to change the life span back and forth.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: What a Pain in the Options! Changing Lifespans
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 08:04:44 PM »
You have to do whatever works for you.  But, yes, the rule for the lifespan for the challenges has to be followed in order for your score to be included on the leader board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »
@LlamaMama, when I decide to set a game length in a given challenge, chances are it will be Long — all 4 current challenges have that as the rule (Political Traitor can be played at Normal or Long if you wish). But, yeah, you have to follow the specific game length set up, otherwise you'd be playing under different conditions than everyone else.

And I often do the exact recommendation that Wild gave you — play a challenge the whole way through without mixing up files. It keeps things simple.

Nearly all remaining challenges will have Long lengths. The exception will be the Grim Reaper one which will have to be played at Normal.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
Thanks for the help.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 01:52:34 PM »
Sorry for the double-post. New day, new question:

With aging on and Story Progression on, do the townspeople age at whatever rate I choose for my sim, or are they set at normal always? If I change the lifespan mid-game, should the town's rate change too?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 02:23:57 PM »
With aging on and Story Progression on, do the townspeople age at whatever rate I choose for my sim, or are they set at normal always? If I change the lifespan mid-game, should the town's rate change too?
Yes, the rest of the neighbourhood ages at the same rate as your sims. The aging settings affect everybody.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything