Author Topic: Rhapsody2312's Patterns  (Read 5422 times)

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
Rhapsody2312's Patterns
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:34:37 PM »
I've been playing around with CAP today, my main focus being on creating wall and floor patterns that I would like to use in my own building. These are three of the floor designs I came up with and I should be creating more as I get into it.

Unfortunately I can't remember what the grass slab is saved under. It's either Misc. or Masonry.
Any ideas/comments/critiques on how to improve will be gratefully received. The brick borders are saved under Masonry.

Stone slabs with grass borders:

Brick path with a flower border:
Left facing border:

Right facing border:

Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Louise56

Re: Rhapsody2312's Patterns
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
Wow! These patterns are really impressive. I love all three of them. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »
These are really good.  I can see lots of places in my town where these will make a big change to the overall appearance of my homes especially with the brick path tiles.

Looking forward to seeing many more of your creations :)
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:29:17 AM »
Thank you so much, Louise and mtglady! I'm so glad you like them. I'm going to be playing around with making them recolourable as well. Mtglady, if there's a specific sort of pattern you'd like, I'd be more than happy to take suggestions or requests.  :)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 03:08:26 AM »
Those are really nice. That was a great idea. I can see using these as a walkway or a patio.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 03:11:19 AM »
I tried to make the previous patterns I posted recolourable, but unfortunately I don't have the patience to fight with CAP in my attempt to make the layers look natural and still be recolourable. I think the idea of CAP is wonderful... but in practice, I personally would have preferred a way to take my patterns straight from my design programmes into Sims. If anyone knows of a way to do this, I would appreciate it if you'd PM me.

These are a few variations on the patterns that I made this morning. I have other ideas that I will get to later, but I need to go clean the house before my girlfriend tries to confiscate sims from me.  :P

Stone bordered with flowers, right and left:

Square stones bordered with pebbles:

Brick path bordered on both sides with flowers:

Edited to add the download links.  ::)

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 03:15:44 AM »
Those are really nice. That was a great idea. I can see using these as a walkway or a patio.

Thank you Grim! I'm constantly looking around at the places I visit, and trying to see what I can replicate in sims. I'm not nearly as practiced as a lot of the wonderful creators and designers on this forum, but I'm learning every day.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 06:35:06 AM »
Rhaps your patterns are awesome! Downloaded some of them now!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »
I was in the middle of uploading patterns earlier and as I was about to hit post, I ran out of data on my USB. So this time I'm not going to upload as many pictures as before, though all the patterns have pictures in my gallery folder: Patterns.

Small Grout:

Small grout in a different colour which makes it an awesome padded...anything?

Shadecloth:

It uses the specular layer which seems to change the amount of light coming through it. Perfect for carports.

The following four patterns are meant to be used as a set with the LN three toned wall. Each section can apparently be recoloured to a different pattern. These are ballet bars on a studio wall. The idea is for the pattern with the left, middle and right bars to stretch across the bottom section of wall, and the top two sections to be recoloured with the plain studio wall to finish it off. I don't have LN, so I can't test it, but Magpie2012 has kindly agreed to help out tomorrow, and I'll see if I can convince her to post a screenshot of it in game so we can see what it looks like.  ;)

Japanese wall:

Unfortunately I can't remember where I saved them all. I know one of the ballet walls mistakenly got saved to fabric. These specific patterns were saved in either Miscellaneous or fabric. I'll check in-game tomorrow and update it, because it's after eleven now and my bed is screaming my name. I hope you like them, and if anyone gets to test the ballet bars before Magpie, please let me know how it goes.  :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 07:46:32 AM »
Rhaps you're missing pictures for you Japanese wall and plain studio wall but I trust your stuff is awesome so I downloaded it anyway! My exam sucked so I'm going to drown my sorrows in Sims, Sims and more Sims... I figure that's healthier than alcohol! Will see about the screenshot!!!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 07:47:36 AM »
Oops sorry saw your Japanese wall now lol but don't see the plain studio wall or is my brain fried through enzymology exams?

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 08:05:56 AM »
I missed posting the picture of the plain studio wall, but if you look at the ballet bars, the plain wall is just the background colour behind the 'bars'.

I was falling asleep at my pc while I was posting these last night, so if it's a bit disordered, it's probably my fault and not your enzymology exam frying your brain. I'll have a look see when I get home. On the plus side, your exam is over now and I'm sure you did very well with all the studying you've been doing!

Thanks for downloading Mags!  :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 08:12:38 AM »
I'm sure you did very well with all the studying you've been doing!

Thanks for downloading Mags!  :)

Pfft... That exam was so terrible I think an actual biochemist would have trouble passing it!